Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything more than 30,000 in Singapore and Seoul and I’ll be surprised.

I applaud them for taking their show to somewhere other than Tokyo, though.

Only using 1/3 of the stadium , if that. What’s the stadium hold and have any western artists been there, pretty sure I’ve heard Coldplay and Ed Sheeran holding gigs there

Over half the seats in the stadium will be in use (or at least available for use). It is odd they have chosen to do it this way though.

Over half the seats in the stadium will be in use (or at least available for use). It is odd they have chosen to do it this way though.

Looks a lot less then half mate , their only using one goal end of the stadium , the two sides and Obviously the other end aren’t being used according to that map. The last block on the sides is the corner tiers.

Be a great intimate show as far as stadium shows go though.

Looks a lot less then half mate , their only using one goal end of the stadium , the two sides and Obviously the other end aren’t being used according to that map. The last block on the sides is the corner tiers.

Be a great intimate show as far as stadium shows go though.

The stage is sideways on, in front of one main stand and opposite the other.

I can’t think of another example of u2 doing this sideways stadium business, but I know it does sometimes happen. They must not be optimistic about their sales in Singapore.

Coldplay played to over 100,000 in 2 nights there, as they did in South Korea. U2 have just never had much of a presence in Asia.

Just looked on wiki the stadium holds 55k for concerts. Looking at that seating plan it’s got to be half that for the u2 gig
The seating plan looks like they're selling just over half the stadium (which is symmetrical), so I'd say over 28,000 capacity. Add the GA on that pretty large field & we're well over 30,000.

Can't fill the field totally, as GA on the sides will have a horrible view. The field is very wide, end zone to end zone. Fitting a rugby field, which is 100m, plus the in-goal areas, plus more to spare. I'd say a total of 130m. The screen is under half that, 61m. So that seating plan doesn't look accurate, the stage will look much smaller in real life. This is a more accurate mock-up.

6a3dca6f4a99a4521fe0d53aec0a65bb.jpg

Note: looking at the Optus Stadium (Perth) seating plan, & at what tickets have not been offered for sale in Sydney, it now looks like they've split the sound/video booth into two, pushing them to the corners. Hopefully, as there's now two, they're only single storey this time.

So GA at the sides would have a horrible view (so expect reduced capacity). As will some of the blue Cat 2 seats on the sides, they will suck! Conversely, the front-on Cat 1 seats will have an amazing view. They'll be very close, not much more than 50m away, half the distance of the front-on end-of-field in the usual layout. The CAT 3-6 behind then are where the bargains will be found, especially if there's dynamic price reductions at a later date. Although there's a chance the sound could be pretty bad up there.

Last edited:
Over at U2start, U2songs is saying a decision on Melbourne 2 could be made next week

Again, good luck to all of you getting the tixs you want.

As some who saw deliberately caught a bit of U2's sound check in 83 i was ahead of the curve, and saw them from 84 onward. Even more so because i missed seeing whatever ads they ran in the Village Voice as either second act, or first time headliner in 1981 in nyc since i already knew about them. I think i was at Windows on the World (Twin Towers) for a big family party that night they played.

As far as the "old" moniker headache keeps dredging up I saw them in GA by the outer ring first time (no luck previously) when i was 55 at the old Giants Stadium, and 57 in Philly (second row outside ring). The only problem was getting a sunburn as i was all "pink" when i saw myself i the mirror post show. I could feel the warmth rising off of me. Worth every minute of going to Philly to hear :heart: Zooropa for the first time! And what they did play off of NOLOTH.

U2 not being able to outsell Coldplay is painful to read.

Oh, only for those of you who hate Coldplay! :D

(I like them. Don't love them or hate them.)

Would love to mate. Would love to do any of them . But coming from England it would cost a fortune :)

I said jokingly to the Mrs months ago “let’s go, I may never see them again”. A quick look at the flights being about £500 and it suddenly gained some legs. It’s now become a family trip of a lifetime, with my kids turning 21 and 18 around that time. Will cost me a couple of extra years on the mortgage, but what the hell!

OK, so presale for U2.com (Red Hill group) apparently opened early. Those members can already buy tickets for Singapore.

I said jokingly to the Mrs months ago “let’s go, I may never see them again”. A quick look at the flights being about £500 and it suddenly gained some legs. It’s now become a family trip of a lifetime, with my kids turning 21 and 18 around that time. Will cost me a couple of extra years on the mortgage, but what the hell!

Brilliant mate , what a trip that is going to be really good

Melbourne 1 has remaining:
1x ticket for ~$600
1x ticket for ~$750
and that's it.

The $600 seat is virtually parallel with the screen, the other one isn't much better

Last edited:

That is awesome! :hyper:

We'll expect a few travel pics, you know. :D

Just got my Singapore GA ticket in the general sale. Was a very smooth process. Got a bit concerned when the final confirmation page mentioned it as "Standing G-2" (was wondering if there was a G1) but there's no mention of this on the final ticket.

It's hard to tell how well it's selling as the website doesn't let you see individual seats and "Limited Availability" could mean anything.

2nd Singapore show announced for Dec 1, overwhelming demand.

Apparently Melbourne and Seoul are intended to have a 2nd show as well, but they have logistical issues to deal with.

Basically they’re going to sell the same amount of tickets that they would for 1 night, maybe a little more. Very smart :wink:

They need to make a final decision on Seoul and Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom