Red Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who's the bigger idiot I ask, the one who doesn't like Red Light or the one who starts a thread about it and then gets angry because people don't like it?

I can’t stand the song myself, so I guess I’m an idiot, but then, we already knew that.

I'm sorry guys for the idiot remark; spur of the moment thing. Anyways, I still do stand by my bafflement at how this forum can be so one-sidedly negative on what is probably a decent song.

This song's randomness and perhaps cheesiness is the amusingly awesome part. But to each their own then.

'Red Light' appreciation thread

I know I'm in the minority on this one but I actually quite love this song. The Coconut's backing vocals are so pretty and the sax solo is amazing and adds another dimension to U2's music. It kinda forshadowed the band's African American phase.

I'm in. It's currently my second-most played song from War, only behind The Refugee. How's that for being in the minority? :wink:

I have never listened to this song all the way through...just can't do it...

^I love The Refugee too, if ur a runner it's a great song to run to

When this song was being recorded Larry had to dash out of the studio for 'a break' because the Coconuts started taking their clothes off.

Comes as no surprise that after the 'success' of this song, U2 have never incorporated a sax solo into any other song. Sax solo's do not belong in rock songs!

I personally love the song.
It's a very different U2 song not just because of the coconuts and the sax but also because Bono also stretched his vocal limits at the time with this song.
It's a very passionate song vocally and for me it has a great and unique character.
I can see how some people see it as cheesy but for me it works!

I like Red Light...

and there isn't a damn thing you can do to change my mind.:D:D:D I'm listening to it right now.:shifty: Crank this shit up!!! Cause Red Light is a fantastic song and if you can't appreciate something great when it swings around then too bad for you.

Uh *cough* *cough*...they really do like nutella don't they?:ohmy:

And for your listening pleasure:

YouTube - U2 -Red Light

<------ *takes off and runs far from Interferencers like this: :madwife:*

such an odd song for this album..better off as a bside along with Angels too Tied to the Ground.

:lol: I like it too :reject:

But it would be sooo much better without the Coconuts, and the trumpet or sax or whatever that was :huh:
Wow, I haven't listened to it in forever. I think I'll go listen to it now...

This was actually the first time I heard it, so while I perhaps need to listen a bit more to it to get a full opinion on it I can truly not see why it would be hated so much. I mean, it's not fantastic in any way, but I have a hard time seeing how you could dislike it that much. :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom