Random U2 Question THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rock-and-pop-u2-live.adam_clayton_u2_ab_n.jpg

A few times...

mad1 said:
question:

Has Adam ever sang?

I mean I see Edge and Larry joining in as backing singers for some songs, and I realise a bassist prob cant do that, but has he ever, even for fun sang a U2 song, or, anything?

:huh::wink:

Adam recorded vocals on Endless Deep and Your Blue Room. Whether either performance constitutes singing is quite debatable. He also "sang" backup "vocals" through ZooTV, though I'm pretty sure his mic was always unplugged or turned really, really low. Check out the performance of Bullet the Blue Sky from ZooTV Sydney for an example of Adam "singing".

There's actually plenty of singing bassplayers, most notably in 3 piece bands where the guitarist is the lead singer. Check Green Day or Muse.

Whats the deal with Bono possibly buying a hearse back in the mid-80's?

I'm read some conflicting stories. Sorry, I dont recall the sources, but Ive read that Bono drove a hearse possibly around the time of the Clannad In a Lifetime video. I heard a 2nd story that he bought a hearse for the parts on it (weird, i know). And 3rdly I recall an interview with Bono saying he thought it was mad that his Dad had heard his son bought a hearse and confronted him about it.

Anyone know the facts?

Whats the deal with Bono possibly buying a hearse back in the mid-80's?

I'm read some conflicting stories. Sorry, I dont recall the sources, but Ive read that Bono drove a hearse possibly around the time of the Clannad In a Lifetime video. I heard a 2nd story that he bought a hearse for the parts on it (weird, i know). And 3rdly I recall an interview with Bono saying he thought it was mad that his Dad had heard his son bought a hearse and confronted him about it.

Anyone know the facts?

It's possible that a local tabloid or 2 might have written around that time that Bono had started driving a hearse around after he did the video for "In a Lifetime" but I really don't know that it became a regular routine for long.

Bono denied it in an interview a few years later, although it might have been at the insistence of management as it could have been a PR nightmare had he 'fessed up!

"You read about how you drive around town in a hearse, which is not true, or you threw a tantrum in a record store because they didn't have a record I wanted. Sad thing is your parents read it and they get annoyed with you. Our neighbours never bothered us. But you'd get calls from around the world at all hours, or my wife would be hanging out the clothes and people would be peering over the fence. You walk out the front door still in pyjamas to get a bit of sun, and a group of French fans are standing in the garden, applauding you. Or people have arrived from Japan or Australia just to say hello." "But the harder responsibility is when fans write to you, to solve their problems. They don't trust their parents, and they think their teachers are assholes. Do you tell them you're an ordinary person with insecurities?"

U2 Articles - English & Deutsch (the layout of this interview hurts the eyes though)

The infamous hearse is also described as a prop for the video of "In a Lifetime' in a story from Hot Press around the time. This is a good article

OUTSIDE IT'S DONEGAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_klil_eOEY

Bono said somewhere that he told his dad not to believe everything he reads about him in the tabloids, but when his dad said he read that he was driving a hearse but didn't believe it, Bono said he didn't have the heart to tell him that it really was true. I might have read that in U2 by U2, I think...? Or was it Bono In Conversation? :scratch:

It was taken out of context maybe.....

what was the quote?

Mine is.."You read about how you drive around town in a hearse, which is not true,"

Lets get to the bottom of this

in the Love is Blindness video on dvd disc 2 of the AB remaster, there is concert footage of Bono as Mirrorball Man onstage with a guitar around his neck. Whcih song did MirrorballMan play(or pretend to play) guitar to? As far as I know, the only options are, Desire, UltraViolet, WoWY, Love is Blindness- but I dont recall him with guitar on any of these

could have been With or Without You. He used to play guitar on that during JT and one or two times on Elevation, I think.

Unofficial DVD question

Achtung Baby A Classic Album "special edition set" VS The Rebirth of Cool U2 in the Third Millennium;

The "special edition set" of Achtung Baby Classic Album dvd has an extra bonus disc included. It looks and sounds an aweful lot like what the Rebirth of Cool dvd sounds like. (i have not seen rebirth of Cool, so I cant say for sure).

Can anyone confirm that Rebirth of Cool is indeed the exact extra disc included in the Achtung Baby Classic Album "special edition set"?

thanks

owning U2's Tower of Song video

Can anyone confirm that this only exists as a U2 release on the Window in the Skies DVD single? Furthermore, are copies of this single ONLY PAL dvd's (thus not playable on standard north american dvd players)? Anyone own it in NTSC?

To my knowledge, that is the only release on a U2 product. Also available in the actual Cohen I'm Your Man film. Is the film scene and the dvd video the exact same? I've watched it, but never compared it or noticed it was edited.

Back
Top Bottom