Question about "Rise Up"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS

Who is singing the first verse? It's definitely not Bono, but it doesn't sound like Edge either. It actually sounds like Larry more than anybody. It's obviously not even a complete vocal/lyric, more like a sketch, trying to find a melody, etc.

Just curious if anybody knew anything. I've gone down the youtube rabbit hole of rarely heard U2 songs this evening.

Wtf? I am listening to it now and yes it is Bono. I was listening to it last night and I could have sworn it sounded nothing like Bono.

I usually have a pretty good ear, but last night I was adamant that wasn’t Bono. I listened a couple times. But this morning, I concede that it’s definitely him.

Oh well, sorry to waste time. Most pointless thread in interference history... what an honor!

I've never done cocaine! :D Just high on life, man!

I listened to it again on my big computer speakers, like I did last night. I couldn't pick out Bono's nuances on these speakers. But when I listened to it through my phone, I could hear Bono plain as day. IT'S THE SPEAKERS FAULT!!

Anyway, lets all forget this thread existed, along with any credibility I may have had prior to this! :reject:

Back
Top Bottom