Ordinary Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
I couldn't find a thread about the new U2 song. I know it's been discussed in various parts of the forum, but since the U2.com thread is closed and the album section really isn't the right place for this, I'll open a thread about this song.

Reason is, I heard the trailer snipped of the song today on the radio while in a car with my brother. I got quite excited because I thought they'd play the whole song, but it was only a - pretty nice, high quality sounding - version of the Mandela movie trailer with people talking over it. Anyway, the DJ said afterwards that "Ordinary Love" "should" be out by the beginning of next year.

Now I read somewhere that it would premiere on the internet (U2.com?) on 30 or 31 October. Do we have any specific info on the actual release of the song? Did U2.com say anything about that and/or is there any official confirmation of the song really being played in full next week? I'm asking because I cannot find anything official.

I did see an announcement naming October 30. The film's release date is Nov 29, and I don't think they'd go much later than that.

It says the song will be unveiled on 30 October on U2.com and You Tube. Does this possibly mean we'll get an actual VIDEO for it?

What I found strange is that on our biggest radio station, the one that usually premieres new songs, they seemed to know nothing about a release, they were only speculating about the song being released "early next year". So I guess there will be no radio and no single release (now), only on the internet Still it will be interesting to see if they'll have a proper video coming along with the song or only a soundtrack/movie version.

Thanks :up: It says the song will be unveiled on 30 October on U2.com and You Tube. Does this possibly mean we'll get an actual VIDEO for it? What I found strange is that on our biggest radio station, the one that usually premieres new songs, they seemed to know nothing about a release, they were only speculating about the song being released "early next year". So I guess there will be no radio and no single release (now), only on the internet Still it will be interesting to see if they'll have a proper video coming along with the song or only a soundtrack/movie version.

maybe, but plenty of artists release music via YouTube these days without any actual video to go along with it.

So, this is what the CDS cover looks like:
BXwQI02CQAERsox.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/recordstoreday/status/395208611103653888

Not sure if anyone else has experienced the trailer at an actual theatre yet, but I saw the full length trailer right before viewing 12 Years A Slave this past weekend.

Couple observations:

- the movie looks to be quite good. Looking forward to this one

- the song sounds really powerful and good at that loud theatre volume. Picks up in the chorus quite strongly.

Not a CD but a 10" vinyl, "Ordinary Love" backed with "Breath," which I'm guessing is actually "Breathe," either an alternate version or more likely, a live recording.

If that's true, whoever let that typo through needs to be severely beaten.

Several U2 fansites are reporting on Twitter that the song will premiere on Itunes today. Don't know if it's true, though, or if they are just speculating.

Will i be able to buy the vinyl from anywhere that ships to the uk?

Ah. Yeah that sure doesn't sound like we'll be hearing or today.

Who originally reported it again?

I think we need to start trolling these people that post false information. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom