Ordinary Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No huge surprises, does sound nice though.
Happy, for what it is. Production doesn't sound overblown and drums sound lovely, which is nice. Very airy.

Youtube went down before it got uploaded... really remarkable, guess it makes sense they can more or less Shazam this stuff.

Lyrically I think it's a bit generic (soundtrack stuff again), but it's got an off-kilter escapism kind of like NLOTH the song, which I think has some of the coolest recent Bono lyrics.

Whatchyall think?

I admit I wasn't enthusiastic when I heard those 30/40 seconds a few weeks ago, but I'd like to hear the full version.

Thanks in advance :up:

It has a lightness to it that I like. It's also really short. The lyrics are pretty good with a few memorable lines that stand out. The hook is stronger than I initially thought from the u2.com clip. This was written for a specific project which I think explains the lack of experimentation. The Mandela film isn't exactly where you'd drop in a Zooropa style soundscape. I wouldn't mind more of this on the album as long as we get some harder rockers and hopefully some Fez/Zooropa style weirdness. Who knows? At this point after a 4 year wait this was a pretty good morsel.

Thank U! I could see this getting the occasional acoustic treatment on promo tours or on the tour itself... ala "The Ground Beneath Her Feet." Bono's singing in a high register on that chorus. Sounds good.

I am in love with the drums. It's a very catchy song, this could actually do in today's top 40, will it be released as a single or not?

:uhoh: Certainly did not expect to like it this much!

definitely getting a UF feel from the bridge, very similar to the way they played UF's bridge during 360. definitely a refreshing song, simple and contemporary :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom