New INXS Demo...Featuring Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That's a common figure of speech. It means that what you say can come back to haunt you. That's no reason for a personal attack, which is what you were doing. And, which I might add, is against the rules.

Perhaps we should get back on topic, because this is not going anywhere.

That's a common figure of speech. It means that what you say can come back to haunt you. That's no reason for a personal attack, which is what you were doing. And, which I might add, is against the rules.

Perhaps we should get back on topic, because this is not going anywhere.

ah ok, like "pain in the arse"? i am french as you know it so i don't understand all expressions and figure of speech... Sorry...

Here's a question.....if the voice on the demo is not Bono and indeed INXS's new lead singer then how will that bode for the new sound of their band? To have a front man that sounds so much like Bono U2 fans are arguing over if it is him or not.....

I dont think Bono can sing like that anymore, unless this was recorded years (many years!) ago. Good promotion for the band though....:wave:

Here's a question.....if the voice on the demo is not Bono and indeed INXS's new lead singer then how will that bode for the new sound of their band? To have a front man that sounds so much like Bono U2 fans are arguing over if it is him or not.....

Sounds like a good marketing move to me. When was the last time anyone really talked about INXS?

Sounds like a good marketing move to me. When was the last time anyone really talked about INXS?

Agreed. Look at the massive amount of talk that's been had over twitter, facebook and forums today. I bet you that if that was any random singer they'd never have this many visitors on their site, listening to their song. It's a brilliant marketing strategy, and the reason why they're being mysterious about the singer was probably on purpose as well. It gets people talking, and being talked about is where it's at in the music business.

And in the end, when it turns out to be Rea Garvey, they can always say that they never claimed it was Bono. Because they never actually did.

i will tell you... I've met Bono and The Edge many times ( 3 times Bono, 4 times the edge) in the south of France. There is two little restaurants on the beach next to their houses where they often go. I've been lucky to be next to their tables. One time Edge was with Michael Stipe, another time with Simon Carmody and Albert Hammond Jr, another with Gavin Friday... so there is a lot of musician hanging out their houses during summer. They've got a studio there. So i think that Andrew from INXS passed some time there and recorded the song with Bono and Edge.

Any press is good press! I saw people/venues trying to hype people to go to their shows recently... I was like that's not INXS... It's a marketing move! A pretty smart one to boot! I don't care i'm in love with the song! It's pretty! I immediately ripped it and threw it on my ipod! :)

i'm not a big fan of this way of singing, there 's too much expression, to much vibrato... it's an experimentation i think... it's just a demo! for fun
i don't think he would sing like that on a u2 album.

If Bono could sing like that, he would have done it on a U2 album.

Indeed. Larry in particular will be spitting mad in a "Where the fuck was THAT voice on our last few albums???" way. Yea, put me in the camp that says that is absolutely, definitively, unarguably, undoubtedly NOT Bono.

If Bono read this thread i think he would say " This Nesquick is amazing, i love that guy!"

you know making fun of others, talking down to people is a national sport in Ireland so... don't think he likes too much "yes sir" people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom