How does Bono's Hair Look So Good This Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
I know this is more of a PLEBA'n topic but since there are probably mostly women over there...and a lot of guys secretly obsess over their hair (!) I thought it might work here ;]

So how does it look so good this tour?

They must be using some thickening agent or device as it looks thick on top!

I also always wondered how they dye it so much but it still takes? It is Henna or natural dye? Do they use the same thing on the beard?

I hope this does not sound shallow but as a man with receding and graying hair I wonder!

Countless men would in fact like these secrets!

Leave it to Bono to beat hair loss since he wins at everything else!

Oh here we go...

On the beard thing I think Bono goes natural, his seems pretty gray... But Edge might dye his. I'm pretty sure Adam dyes his hair :wink: And Larry just made a pact with the devil.

Oh here we go...

On the beard thing I think Bono goes natural, his seems pretty gray... But Edge might dye his. I'm pretty sure Adam dyes his hair :wink: And Larry just made a pact with the devil.

No it is certainly dyed...I have seen pics when it is not dyed. Trust. Edge obviously dyes his as well...Being the sideman he is he lets it go gray when Bono does though ;]

How is that for being a sideman! The Edge is a genius!

I commend you on starting a thread about something light and funny, like Bono's hair. However, be warned of the reactionary sadists whose mission in life is to send your thread spiraling down into the pit of Pleba-hell, to tarnish forever in obscurity.

For the record, I preferred 2005's hair helmet to the current "went-over-my-head-with-a-lawn-mower' look.

I commend you on starting a thread about something light and funny, like Bono's hair. However, be warned of the reactionary sadists whose mission in life is to send your thread spiraling down into the pit of Pleba-hell, to tarnish forever in obscurity.

For the record, I preferred 2005's hair helmet to the current "went-over-my-head-with-a-lawn-mower' look.

Thank you for pre-empting them ;]

Simply: He cut it

..and it suits him at this age and he probably colors it.
He looks rly good!

I also always wondered how they dye it so much but it still takes? It is Henna or natural dye?
What do you mean, "takes"? Lots and lots of people dye their hair for decades on end without reaching a point where the color won't "take." If you've been dying it dramatically lighter than natural for awhile, then that might happen just because it's so damaged from all the bleaching, but it's not an axiom that dying your hair for a long time means it'll stop "taking" at some point.

Henna IS a "natural" dye...? From what I've seen though, it seems to work by forming this sticky film over the hair, which is probably a bad longterm idea. But I've never tried it (or any other hair dye) so I wouldn't know for sure.

Last edited:
The little I do know about hair... If one were to bleach it (bleach blond, for example) or even lighten it a lot, the hair will get extra dark when attempting to dye it back, even if one tries a lighter brown dye. The reason is that as the hair was stripped of a lot of color, it now will soak in more color than it should (do to the damage). My point is that bleached hair will definitely take in color.

As for Bono's hair - looks the same as it did during the PopMart tour to me. :shrug:

Its a full wig. Bono's a slaphead like Michael Jackson was. From one slaphead to another, I say to Bono "take off that wig and be proud of being a slaphead". I also say this to The Edge!:lol:

Hi all--I work at a hair salon....

If your a guy and your hair is thinning--the worst thing you can do is wear it long---it will make your hair look thinner. Dying it doesn't help either--esp. dark colors like B did.

So it looks good because he cut it short.

Don't fight nature....:wink:

im sure bono could afford the best hair care out there. including a graft if he really wanted. not saying he has one, i don't really care if he does or doesnt, but i mean if i had all the money in the world and were nearing 50 i would be doing everything i could to keep my hair looking as good as i could.

what the fuck is a slaphead?

Never seen Benny Hill and Benny is slapping the little bald chap on the head, hence slaphead. Nah its either a full wig that Bonos got or he uses some sort of hair thickener. I just hope that it doesn't rain at any of the gigs cos that hair thickener is gonna run down his face.:lol:

You love this subject don't you? I remember your "slaphead" comments from other threads and your outlandish assumptions.

You can't honestly believe that he has a full wig? Seriously? You're either dense, blind, or trolling if you state that...

Hi all--I work at a hair salon....

If your a guy and your hair is thinning--the worst thing you can do is wear it long---it will make your hair look thinner. Dying it doesn't help either--esp. dark colors like B did.

So it looks good because he cut it short.

Don't fight nature....:wink:

Well it is dyed... I think it is smart to dye it something close to his natural color (if it were not graying.)

B beats hair loss!

Wig? :lol:

I'm sure Bono could afford a better wig!

It's natural, just look at it. When he gets wet or sweaty on top, you can see it's not all that thick.

Back
Top Bottom