how about doing Best LIVE song thread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellow moog

War Child
Lets face it.
As much as U2 are the best live band in the world. Some songs will always be better in the studio and some songs better live.

So maybe someone can do a U2 song in LIVE heaven also?:hmm:

Lets face it.
As much as U2 are the best live band in the world. Some songs will always be better in the studio and some songs better live.

So maybe someone can do a U2 song in LIVE heaven also?:hmm:

Exit sounded amazing live on the rattle and hum dvd.
Please and Staring at the sun also sounded amazing live.
Vertigo and LPOE are WAAAAAY better live ...that's just me:D

Beatiful day is 1,000 times better live, hate listening to the studio, no thump to it, emm where the streets have no name is classic live aswell.

It would be hard to do though, you'd have issues with categorising, and many songs change form with each tour. Like Desire was different on ZooTV as it was on the Vertigo Tour.

We can have a 2nd Best Live Song contest. Since Streets is #1, it's just not even fair. FACT! :wink:

Bad.

I think its the song that has carried so much emotion over the years, more than other songs. It hasn't needed reworking to any degree either, so it has stood the test of time.

You want emotion? How about Please live. :drool:

The saddest part was the end. :sad:

For what it's worth I haven't found much that's beaten Running to Stand Still on ZooTV...

It was fantastic on ZooTV.

Here are my favourites for what they are worth.

- Streets(it's almost primal!!!)
- Bad (most tours)
- 11 O' Clock Tick Tock(God please bring this back!!!!)
- Love is Blindness (ZooTV)
- Mysterious Ways (ZooTV)
- Running to Standstill (ZooTV)
- A Sort of Homecoming
- Please (Popmart)
- I Will Follow (still gives me chills)
- Miss Sarajevo (Vertigo)
- Electric Co (funnily enough Vertigo and War Tour)
- Sunday Bloody Sunday (War, Joshua Tree)
- Exit (Only played Joshua Tree unfortunately!!!)
- Surrender (War Tour)
- Twilight (October Tour)
- Walk On
- Vertigo
- Bullet the Blue Sky (Joshua only!)
- Until the End of the World(Any)

you know honestly Achtung baby studio version has a special place in my heart. so I would leave everything on that album just the way it is. UTEOTW live is so different to me, I love UTEOTW live, but I would never change the album version. I look at it as 2 seperate entities. but, best live:

Streets, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, UTEOTW, Electric Co, Bad, I will Follow, Ms Sarajevo, Love is blindness, Please, Mofo, Gone, ahhh... all of them! :love: and vertigo live is much better than album vertigo. I really dont compare live to studio, to me its just completely seperate versions of the same song.

- Bullet the Blue Sky (Joshua only!)

really? Over the ZooTV version? Interesting.

I agree with most of the ones listed thus far. ZooTV Bullet, Streets, Please, Exit, UTEOTW, and Bad probably top my list. Just about every song is better live though.

U2 live :drool:

I agree with most of the ones listed thus far. ZooTV Bullet, Streets, Please, Exit, UTEOTW, and Bad probably top my list. Just about every song is better live though.

Zoo Bullet ruled

Streets is defenitly number 1!!!
Also: Mysterious Ways (ZooTV)
And: Pride
And: City of blinding lights

:drool:how bout Last Night on Earth?
way way better than studio version even though i wish Bono or Edge would have sung that falsetto bit during the middle 8 live.

Most of their songs are better live. Best improvement is probably "Bad."

The few songs I think aren't better live are: Pride (doesn't have the same intensity), Still Haven't Found (can't get the same cool guitar sound), and If God Will Send his Angels (could never really figure out how to play it)

Also: Mysterious Ways (ZooTV)

YES. this is an exception for me..i absolutely love the keyboard in it.

Since then, the live versions of this song dont have that same speed or oomph...of course my opinion would be different if I was one of the chosen few to dance to this onstage:sexywink:

ZooTV Bullet was good also. Add that to the list!!!!

Back
Top Bottom