Excited by Bono's voice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what any of you are talking about. The best since Passengers? The best since Achtung Baby or Joshua Tree?

I've been a fan since '82 and I personally believe that Bono's voice now is the best it's EVER been. He's hitting highs now he hasn't hit since the War album. But his voice now is much stronger and more flexible than it was then. It has more dimension. War Bono couldn't sing vulnerably or match the voice to the character.

From the hungover scratch of In a Little While to the operatic power of SYCMIOYO and Miss Sarajevo (U23D) to what I'm hearing in songs like Magnificent and the live Pride performance, I don't think we've ever heard Bono sing so well.

I don't know what any of you are talking about. The best since Passengers? The best since Achtung Baby or Joshua Tree?

I've been a fan since '82 and I personally believe that Bono's voice now is the best it's EVER been. He's hitting highs now he hasn't hit since the War album. But his voice now is much stronger and more flexible than it was then. It has more dimension. War Bono couldn't sing vulnerably or match the voice to the character.

From the hungover scratch of In a Little While to the operatic power of SYCMIOYO and Miss Sarajevo (U23D) to what I'm hearing in songs like Magnificent and the live Pride performance, I don't think we've ever heard Bono sing so well.

In terms of "technique", I think you're right. However, I prefer his early voice 80-83 (screams, rage) or 85-90 (sexiest ever) over the actual one even though his vocal techniques are better. It's just a fact for me and my personal view.

Back
Top Bottom