Elevation Tour Documentary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
Does anyone have the "Countdown to Elevation" documentary that aired before VH1's debut of Elevation Boston in Fall 2001? I think there was another cool Elevation Tour special as well. Cool moments in history from U2's greatest tour of all time.

I think I know what you're talking about, but I wasn't able to track it down on YouTube. Did this also play on MTV a few times?

I recorded that on a VHS tape on Thanksgiving night in 2001 off of Vh1 and watched it over and over. I still have that tape.

Elevation tour > Vertigo and 360 for me...

pretty sure i have a VHS recording of that somewhere - i had a couple of things recorded from 2001, including U2 at the Brits early that year and something to do with Elevation later that year, but all just on VHS, in a cardboard box, in the loft i think, with no technology to convert or upload it lol

It's funny because the Elevation Tour was the most visually unappealing, had the shortest setlists, Bono's voice was crap.......yet I still enjoyed the tour in person way more than Vertigo and 360. It definitely was a plus that the band seemed most accessible on this tour as well. Seeing them in the heart 3 times was pretty freakin awesome.

With that said, ZooTV and Popmart both trump the Elevation Tour. It's not even close there.

It's funny because the Elevation Tour was the most visually unappealing, had the shortest setlists, Bono's voice was crap.......yet I still enjoyed the tour in person way more than Vertigo and 360. It definitely was a plus that the band seemed most accessible on this tour as well. Seeing them in the heart 3 times was pretty freakin awesome.

With that said, ZooTV and Popmart both trump the Elevation Tour. It's not even close there.

i didn't get to see ZooTV outdoor tour or Popmart, but i saw Achtung Baby first time round in arenas, but got there late and was right at the back at the top of Bercy, Paris - the gig was visually fantastic, but i don't "feel" like i was there as i wasn't in the thick of it and it was very distant to me - at Elevation i was right in the thick of it, a few heads back from the front, had a fantastic time, and felt i was "there", with the knocks and sweat and sore throat to prove it LOL :D

Wouldn't the Hive vote for their most underattended tour? Possibly the high school talent show?

When they inevitably do a Deluxe ATYCLB in 2015 or 2020, maybe they'll include it.

Would also love to see some kind of little documentary about their time in NY after 9/11, being the first band to play MSG just a month after. I'm sure there were some strong emotional performances that would be nice to see in good quality. There are fan videos on YouTube I think though.

Wouldn't the Hive vote for their most underattended tour? Possibly the high school talent show?

They'd do something shitty like that. Poo TV Tour, Flopmart. You'd get genius like that as well. And you'd have to pick the one you liked attending least, to decide which you liked attending most.

I love how obsessed you are with me. I post, count to 3, and you're there. My own little internet stalker. :love:

Back
Top Bottom