Bono Stars in New Remake of Bob Marley's Songs for "Playing for Change"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "Playing for Change" video showed up in the first issue of (RED)WIRE & it was the rendition of "Stand by Me".

So bonocomet was correct about "Playing for Change" being in a (RED)WIRE edition, it was just another song off the CD.

Thanks to everybody for their interest in this CD & for their positive comments. :cute:
This version of Marley's songs gets better every time that I listen to it.

:applaud:

^Right. I'm still trying to figure out though who posted this new video a month ago when I first saw it. Maybe the Playing For Change site? It was on You Tube, but now the only version I see is the newly reposted one. Oh well!

I think that the Marley remake video probably was posted on the "Playing for Change" YouTube page or @ their website which is where you might have seen this video, bonocomet.

But I'm not sure either.:wink:

The other thing that I wanted to mention is that the lyrics from Bob Marley's "War" are not his own words.

The words are part of a speech that His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I gave in 1966.

Marley was so entranced by Selassie's words that he wrote them into a song. :up:

Have a good night.:hug:

It is a great cover, well put together. And what could be better than my two favorite artists of all time in a split screen? :up: :up:

Am I the only one that thinks that B's singing to a completely different timing, though? All the same, good job B :hug:

I love your avatar, solacevip

That totally lifted my spirit on a day when it needed lifting. Thanks.

Thanks for all of the rest of these very positive comments on this remake & video - it deserves all the props that it gets.

I did want to correct myself & say that it wasn't the Playing for Change version of "Lean on Me" that appea(red) in the first edition of (RED)WIRE but "Stand By Me".

Sometimes, I confuse myself. :wink:

www.myspace.com/mulago:hug:

:) No it's not, at least on the days I have the will power to just say no the drinks I love like the hazelnut mochas and chocolate espresso truffles :drool: and just get plain coffee. Problem is I don't have a lot of will power. :angry::wink:

I bought the CD/DVD last week and must say I really love it. I love the concept and I love all of the songs with different musicians from various countries. Besides War/No More Trouble, where Bono is singing with Bob Marley and others, there's also a really beautiful cover version of U2/Bob Dylan's Love Rescue Me. Bono & Edge also get mentions in the booklet. And there is also a DVD with the videos, trailers and behind the scenes stuff about the project coming with the CD. :up:

Back
Top Bottom