Bono performing One with Metropole Orchestra - 28.11.11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was a great performance. Bono was really into it as well, his voice sounded great. Made my day for some reason. :applaud:

I'd pay dearly for a small theatre/club gig with a backing orchestra. :drool:

The string arrangement that gets occasionally brought out for One is always gorgeous.

a great site,many useful information!

Last edited by a moderator:
:up: Sweet. I liked the current Bono singing together with 1991 Bono, and turning around to sing to his father.

Was that a new improvised lyric towards the end ("bells"...) ?

I don't know all the details, but it's performed as a tribute for Anton Corbijn in Amsterdam, enjoy:

Bono sings One with Metropole Orchestra | Facebook

Stunning, right?

The details are that Anton Corbijn got honoured yesterday by the biggest Dutch Culture fund, he got the Oevre Award for all his work. It was handed to him by our Princess Maxima, and Chris Martin and Herbert Gronemeyer were there too. Bono also did a poem composed of lyrics by Herman Brood, a Dutch artist that was a friend of both Bono and Anton. :)

That was an epic performance.

Easily one of Bono's best / most passionate and on-point vocal performances of the last decade if not his entire life.

Damn I actually envy people who has not seen / heard this yet. Just watched again and he combined the nuance of recent years with the power from the 80's. He somehow managed to make some of the newer phrasing and subtle melody changes sound like an improvement when it usually sounds worse to my ears.

Plus it is just him with no band where he is often at his worst...

Thanks Bono for ripping that shit up!

hahaha

The details are that Anton Corbijn got honoured yesterday by the biggest Dutch Culture fund, he got the Oevre Award for all his work. It was handed to him by our Princess Maxima, and Chris Martin and Herbert Gronemeyer were there too. Bono also did a poem composed of lyrics by Herman Brood, a Dutch artist that was a friend of both Bono and Anton. :)

That was an epic performance.

Thanks for this :)

Epic performance indeed (but I seriously hope he'll never wear those shoes again!)

I'm confused.

Bono turns in what is likely the most inspired vocal to "One" after over 20 years and only a handful of people even comment on it?

Am I missing something?

wow Bono's voice is great - he sounds awesome

he actually was sounding really good at the very end of the 360 tour

Yeah, Bono frequently used Anthem during Until the End of the World on the later legs of 360.

good performance, would be nice to have a good quality version of this.

Reminds me of Union Chapel. This is one of the greatest performances ever of this song no question...wow. I hope they are recording right now...Bono sounds like he's peaking vocally in a way.

Back
Top Bottom