2018 U2.com gift.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully we’ll get lots of fun stuff with the general public release later this year, unreleased + a LT show would be great :)

Yeah, the plus-side to this announcement is basically that it confirms there will be an R&H boxed set soon. Probably in October or November to take advantage of the Xmas shopping. No album in the band's catalog has as much potential for audio/video discs as there's so much cutting room floor stuff remaining from film outtakes, entire filmed concerts, etc.

That will then mean that the earliest material through the Zooropa album has been remastered and reissued masterfully. (Although the Achtung Baby/Zooropa album re-masters were sound tweaks rather than traditional re-masters since they were recorded digitally).

Then we'll be left with a potential Zooropa boxed set (those b-sides/remixes still need a home) and the rest of the catalog. There isn't much potential sound-wise for anything new given how the later albums were all recorded, but there's still Disc Two of the Passengers project, potential re-mixing of Pop tracks, and the hope of all hopes that All That You Can't Leave Behind and the following LPs will be released with lower volumes as they suffered immensely from the Loudness Wars.

For what it's worth, in addition to Rattle & Hum, The Edge oversaw remasters last year of Pop and All That You Can't Leave Behind as mentioned via this link:

http://www.u2songs.com/news/apple_issues_new_versions_of_u2_albums_mastered_for_itunes

And said remasters are where the new vinyls are surely being sourced. So, Passengers aside, all the U2 albums through 2000 have now been remastered. The later ones really just need to have remasters where the volume is turned down so all that clipping doesn't happen.

Last edited:
It does no such thing, but set yourself up for disappointment if you like.

They cashed in big on JT's 30th and had an accompanying fan club vinyl release. They'll do the same here with R&H.

I think the plan was to have an R&H 20th release back in 2008, but they had assumed instead that there would be the release of No Line On The Horizon that fall (which didn't happen). Then a fall R&H 25th boxed set was blocked by the SOI hoopla and impending tour. This time, there's nothing in the way.

We know that they record pretty much every concert. Even if it's not been fully mastered I'm sure that we'd all appreciate something like that far more than music that has been commercially available in the past

I'd even prefer a rough recording of a band rehearsal - At least that would be something unique to the fan club

Does make me wonder sometimes what the thought process is.

Subjective I guess, but I doubt I'll ever play this one.

I would assume we are going to get a JT 2017 Tour Video at some point, trying to figure out when though, perhaps after the end of this tour since I’m thinking late this year will be more emphasis on the RH 30th Anniversary.

Then a fall R&H 25th boxed set was blocked by the SOI hoopla and impending tour.

SOI came out in September 2014.

1988 + 25 = 2013.

You're gonna need a new theory for why we didn't get a 25th anniversary release.

Back
Top Bottom