You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DC86AF31-3752-464A-8705-EC725ADE7587.png

It’s stomping.

I think this is my favorite version so far, which is kinda ironic because I saw them perform it acoustically last Friday at the San Diego JT show, and did not like it at all. But this studio acoustic version is pretty good, a lot more natural, and yes Bono sounds really good singing in the lower register. And not only for his singing in the bridge, but Edge's little backing vocals in the verses really add something for me no matter what version. I like his delayed guitar sound coming in around 2:32. Anyway this one will be on repeat :up:

I have no complaints about this version. None!

But I'm so confused why we now have 4 versions of this song in less than a month. Are they trying to push all 4 versions on radio? A different version for each radio format?

It had dropped out of the iTunes 200 in the uk but now it's number 145.

It's happening folks :) only joking if this becomes a hit I'll go to the next u2 concert naked :)

Acoustic version is ok I suppose

I have no complaints about this version. None!

But I'm so confused why we now have 4 versions of this song in less than a month. Are they trying to push all 4 versions on radio? A different version for each radio format?

The question is does it help them get more radio play/success as it will dilute sales.

Normally hi charting songs get more radio play. If there are so many versions then sales get diluted between each version meaning less likely the song will stick around on the charts.

Ever wonder why the joey ramone song didnt get much radio play????? Because it was low sales bevause it was free.

i look forward to this song to be used in a emma stone / kate mckinnon movie where they team up in a rom com (directed by Paul Feig)

Either use it over the ending credits

Or one of those scenes where kate mckinnon and emma stone try on various dresses and revel in fashion...

I'm so confused why we now have 4 versions of this song in less than a month. Are they trying to push all 4 versions on radio? A different version for each radio format?

Some will say it's U2 once again having second thoughts and lacking confidence in the song.

Others will maintain it's part of a brilliant new release strategy.

Still others will tell you it's because Trump.

Last edited:
Acoustic version is good, Bono's low register is great. Live version was absolutely dreadful, but it works in a studio setting.

125 on the uk iTunes chart now, was out the 200 yesterday. Video created a buzz

I like Bonos lower register..... But it kinda doesnt suit this one so much sounds a bit creepy somehow

Last edited:
LOL. Says the guy who thinks the total cost to shoot there is 300.00.
Primetime TV/Online Episodic Shows and Mini-Series

Production on the streets of NYC as of 9.11.17

The 1980s: The Deadliest Decade
Big Dogs
Billions
Blacklist
Blindspot
Blue Bloods
Bull
Crashing
The Dangerous Book for Boys
Deception
Elementary
Gotham
Happy
High Maintenance
Instinct
Madam Secretary
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Mozart in the Jungle
Mr. Robot
Orange is the New Black
The Path
Power
Red Oaks
Redliners
Rise
Ronald
SVU
Tiara
Untitled After Party Project
Untitled Levinson Project
Violet
You

Feature Films

Alex Strangelove
Braid
The Chaperone
Detective Chinatown 2
Extra Innings
High Strung Free Dance
Hot Air
I Feel Pretty
The Irishman
The Land of Steady Habits
Like Father
Mary Lou
Mike, Mike Tan
Nor'easter
The Pursuit of Unhappiness
Puzzle
Sara
Stano
Teen Spirit
Three Seconds
Tu Me Manques
Untitled Green Project
WASP 2017
Windows Of the World

Cable Series, Broadcast Series and Other TV Shows:

Black Ink Crew
Deadline: Crime with Tamron Hall
Impractical Jokers
Love and Hip-Hop
Oprah's Master Class

Daytime, Late Night, News and Talk Shows

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
The Early Show
Extra
Fox & Friends
Fox Business Network
Good Morning America
Harry Connick Jr. Show
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Late Night with Seth Meyers
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
Live with Kelly and Ryan
Saturday Night Live
Sesame Street
Today
Weekend Today
The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon

Again, try to have a clue about what you're talking about before spewing off.

Hey, they actually put Edge's guitar hook in the chorus!

I'm only a minute in but I'm liking this.

I think it would have been really cool song in this style (Bono's lower register, acoustic), I'm just not sure that this is the best song for that kind of style. Feels at odds with the poppy nature of the song.

Some will say it's U2 once again having second thoughts and lacking confidence in the song.

Others will maintain it's part of a brilliant new release strategy.

Still others will tell you it's because Trump.

I believe it's to get more streams/track sales which = higher charting of the album that includes the tracks.

I had no intention of listening to Best Thing today, and then I saw the acoustic version, which I'll now probably play a couple times. So, like everyone else who sees it on their spotify new release page, and opts to play it, I'm helping in a tiny way to boost the album's eventual chart performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom