Your song saved my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drive-Thru Window in the Skies

No bullshit here! This is quote of the year! For a mediocre song (at best :wink:) from 2006. :up:) I think I like this one better than YSSML.

Now I like Your Song Saved My Life, but I don't view it as full-on U2 material. Just a neat little song for the kiddies and their 'rents.

Saw it yesterday and it was a great kid’s movie with the magic of U2 songs interspersed at perfect moments. Teared up during ISHFWILF since that reminded of how much I miss seeing the lads live.

Saw it yesterday and it was a great kid’s movie with the magic of U2 songs interspersed at perfect moments. Teared up during ISHFWILF since that reminded of how much I miss seeing the lads live.

I saw it yesterday too with the kids. And the new song really fits much better in that context rather than hearing it cold. Which is what I expected. It's really a nice feature for Bono and U2, with four of their songs highlighted. Scarlett Johansson did a nice job on Stuck in a Moment as well.

Cute, fun movie saw with my kids on Xmas Eve. Song is a perfect transition to credits and fits well with the story. This isn't Please or Acrobat, but it's a beautifully simple song and a great fit for the story. The Haven't Found duet between Clay and Ash is the show stealer tho. Several in the theater I was in could be heard singing along.

WSJ had a snotty piece about Hollywood "betting big" on kids wanting to hear dinosaurs like U2 and Prince, as if all these movies aren't paced with decades-old songs. One of the feature songs in Sing 1, in fact, was Elton's I'm Still Standing, over 30 years old at the time. But, hey WSJ, never miss a chance to hate.

When this movie hits Netflix and the other streamers, every 7 year old kid in the world will know these three U2 songs better than we do.

Scarlett did a really good job on "Stuck". Cool that "Stuck" is still relevant 20+ years later.

a8f7620e-0d17-469f-875c-9046688302d8_text.gif

I saw it yesterday too with the kids. And the new song really fits much better in that context rather than hearing it cold. Which is what I expected.

I don't care for the song but you're spot on with it fitting the movie well and it sounded a lot better in that context. Hell, I've been singing the damn chorus since we watched it on Saturday.

I actually watched the movie with the kids. It's not the Godfather but it serves it's purpose.

The song definitely fits the movie and the plot. My seven year old has been singing I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For for a few days, so mission accomplished there.

His previous favorite song was American Soul, so it's a favorable change.

I actually watched the movie with the kids. It's not the Godfather but it serves it's purpose.

The song definitely fits the movie and the plot. My seven year old has been singing I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For for a few days, so mission accomplished there.

His previous favorite song was American Soul, so it's a favorable change.

That’s a good dad right there.

I'd say I was very disappointed in this song on first hear.... but then having taken my 7, 5, 3 year old to see the movie (which was pretty fun) The song actually fit the movie incredibly well where it was placed and was great. Also, every other song from the boys and their guest stars were bangers, because after years of being a Dad now my kids are asking to hear the lion son (I still haven't found) the song with everyone (where the streets have no name). every day on the way to school. This is a beautiful thing. My three year old only wants to listen to the Clay Calloway version (The Joshua Tree or Rattle and Hum) The others still prefer the soundtrack version. Couldn't be happier about this.

Late to the conversation here but would just like to say that while the song is quite innocuous, Bono's lyrics and his lyrical approach are refreshing. No rhyming couplets and no cramped words. A good step imo.

No Oscar for U2.

Will this finally make them understand that they are not and will never be good commercial songwriters-for-hire? Everytime they've tried they've failed.

They’ve also had two nominations (where they lost to legit all-time classic movie songs) as well as a Golden Globe.

I don’t particularly want them to pursue this as a hobby, but it’s not like they have a bad track record here.

Back
Top Bottom