Your Blue Room and the guitar near the end of the song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've managed to recreate that sound fairly well using a semi-acoustic model, the Washburn HB-30 using the middle pick up (possible neck pup), equipped with Elixir strings. Now, the strings are kind of worn out and needs replacing with a fresh set otherwise I would try and upload a sample for you.

I think I've seen a video from the most recent leg of the tour where Edge is using the same sunburst Gretsch guitar he plays on Moment Of Surrender, could be wrong though. But if it is the same guitar, it supports my theory.

Interesting. I'm getting a hollowbody tomorrow, and I'd like to be able to get that kind of deep and clear bell/piano like tone out of it. I can get somewhat close with my Telecaster neck pickup, but it doesn't have quite the same punch to it. So the ES-175 I'm getting has humbuckers, but I'm thinking of putting P90s or maybe even some Charlie Christian pickups in it.

I've managed to recreate that sound fairly well using a semi-acoustic model, the Washburn HB-30 using the middle pick up (possible neck pup), equipped with Elixir strings. Now, the strings are kind of worn out and needs replacing with a fresh set otherwise I would try and upload a sample for you.

I think I've seen a video from the most recent leg of the tour where Edge is using the same sunburst Gretsch guitar he plays on Moment Of Surrender, could be wrong though. But if it is the same guitar, it supports my theory.

For the tour, I think that he used the Gretsch 1959 Sunburst 6101 Country Club.

I'm not sure that he had that one during the recording of Passengers or not. There is a picture of him with a single cutaway Gretsch, looks to be a Chet Atkins Country Gentleman [I'm not 100% sure of the vintage], in Anton Corbijn's "U2 & i" book.

bwEdge2shotsACLondon11-95sm.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom