Your All Time Favourite Photo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awwww.... that's sad about selling your stuff! :( I know someone around here who had all her stuff given away when she went away for college, such sad stories!

Yes... ebay is our friend. :shifty:

bonolarrybirthdayswitch.jpg

I wish this one wasn't so small!!! Does anyone have it bigger??

Post natal depression was not my friend, hence the sale of my collection. Kept all the cd's thank goodness!!

I do know how you feel. I was a huge fan of the original Star Wars when it came out when I was 16 in 1977.... had an amazing collection of magazines, photos, interviews etc... all gone... :(

Here's a photo I like of Larry...

larryjacket.jpg

Nice one of Larry...how old is that one? It's almost got a serene quality about it.

I'm sooooo pleased I kept a hat Bono wore onstage here in NZ in '93. A friend was a police officer doing security along the stage when Bono reached down and took her hat and wore it for the rest of the song. He gave it back and then she gave it to me to keep!!! Kids have broken a little part of it off, but I NEVER gave it up for anyone!!! Phew!!! Sadly there were no remnants of Bono sweat or hair in it when I got it :(

Yeah I love the look on his face there! :lol:
I don't think I know anything about the Larry pic, except that I really like it. :yes:

I like Edge here...

edgeness.jpg

Wow, cool about the hat!! What does it look like? There may be a pic out there somewhere of him wearing it!

bonocomet said:
Wow, cool about the hat!! What does it look like? There may be a pic out there somewhere of him wearing it!

I'll take a pic of it and post it. We tried and tried to see if there was a video of the Auckland, NZ concert, but they had only recorded the Sydney ZooTV. It would be great if there was a picture of him in it. I'd love to get it autographed too, but with the infrequency Bono is over here I won't be holding my breath! I had heard that whenever they are here, they always visit One Tree Hill in the middle of the night....coud camp out there but would be in danger of being mugged!

Whoa how cool would that be? Camping out and they show up in the middle of the night??? Don't wanna get mugged tho.... I don't know anything about it... :reject: is that a real danger there?

A nice pic...

bonoadamunbuttoned.jpg

Not life-threatening stuff, but it has been known for people to get beaten up, dragged out of their cars and left with nothing...but I think I would do it for the chance of seeing the guys!! They also have hit the bars in Auckland after their concerts in the past, but considering their last one was 13 years ago, things may have changed!! Hat pic coming in a couple of minutes....

shatresized1dz.jpg

The hat Bono wore onstage during Zoo TV November 1993, Auckland, New Zealand.

Just wish I could remember what song it was for, Lemon keeps coming to mind. I was lucky enough to be in the ellipse and saw it happen, just didn't realise it was my friends hat!!

There is meant to be another little black strap/band that goes across the front, under the check bit but my 3yr old son decided he didn't like it there....:no:

Yay! Hat pic!!

Wow... that's not very fun then about One Tree Hill... :(

Do alot of U2 fans make the trek there to see it? I live pretty close to Joshua Tree National Park, have to drive thru it sometimes to get to places I'm going.... I think fans sometimes visit it ..... I love the Josh trees, even before i knew about U2, I always loved how cool they were when you drive thru and see them everywhere.

bwu2JTsmall.jpg

OMG that hat is awesome!! I can so see him wearing that! There has GOT to be a pic out there somewhere of him wearing it! We will find it!!! :yes:

I'm sure I'd get all silly if I went up One Tree Hill nowadays, last time I went up there was...er...long before they cut the tree down.

All my favourite pictures of Edge seem to involve his pointed elbows. So I made this...
edgeelbows.jpg

One Tree Hill (or No Tree Hill as it should be now..) is a huge tourist attraction during the day with BEAUTIFUL views of the city. It is surrounded by a gorgeous park with awesome areas to walk, play, relax etc. It's just at night time it can get a little bit dubious, but not enough to make it a place to totally stay away from. I guess I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to my safety!!! I love going there, and whenever we drive into the city it is very prominent and easy to see. We live about 40 minutes south of it. My great aunt lives right next to it!!

bonocomet said:
OMG that hat is awesome!! I can so see him wearing that! There has GOT to be a pic out there somewhere of him wearing it! We will find it!!! :yes:

I would simply die and go to heaven if we found one!!!

Slopsy, I think you may just have a weeny bit of an elbow fetish!! :wink: Thats a great collaboration of pics!!! WOW!
One Tree Hill has definately lost a bit of its vibe since the tree went...

I will definitely keep my eye out for the hat pic for you then!!

I need to take my kids to Joshua Tree again... we've driven thru many times but haven't stopped to really enjoy it in years! :( And being so close there's just no reason not to! :(

Why did the One Tree come down from the Hill?

And I know THE Joshua tree is gone too.... gosh it's dangerous to be a tree in the u2 world!

Oh and AWESOME Edge elbows slopsy!!!! :lol:

Slopsy said:
Yeh, but wasn't there talk at one point of replacing the tree?
I do NOT have an elbow fetish....:shifty:
or maybe I do.

There has been arguing over the tree for years. I have heard that there is meant to be something planted in the next year or so, but I will believe it when I see it. Also it just won't be the same as the original tree. That tree had character....

And yes, you have a fetish!! :wink: But a good fetish!!!!

bonocomet said:
I will definitely keep my eye out for the hat pic for you then!!

I need to take my kids to Joshua Tree again... we've driven thru many times but haven't stopped to really enjoy it in years! :( And being so close there's just no reason not to! :(

Why did the One Tree come down from the Hill?

And I know THE Joshua tree is gone too.... gosh it's dangerous to be a tree in the u2 world!

Oh and AWESOME Edge elbows slopsy!!!! :lol:

Maybe there needs to be a U2 Tree Protection Society!!! ;)

Here's a link to a website about One Tree Hill and Greg Carroll....just take out the spaces...

http://www.geocities .com/dagsyfm/u2/one tree hill.html

Here is another website about One Tree Hill

http://home.xtra .co.nz/hosts/ cornwall_park /

Oops sorry Bonocomet, to answer your question about why the tree came down, it was a protest and a guy chopped it down with a chainsaw in the middle of the night. They tried to save it, but the damage was too great.

Can you remember anything more about it Slopsy?

Awwww poor tree!!! Yes we need to protect the U2 trees!!! Hmmm are there any more to speak of?

I think the famous Joshua Tree died naturally if I'm not mistaken.... I could be wrong... I hope it wasn't a fan thing!

Thanks for those links gluey!! I will check them out tomorrow! (middle of the night here... I really must get some sleep! yikes!!!)

It's always way too fun here though!

Yeah hopefully no fans chopped it down or anything, I was reading in my 'Best of Propaganda' book that Bono said "if anybody finds that tree, leave it alone and don't chop it down and bring it to a concert or anything"

:wave: Goodnight Bonocomet! Been great talking to you! We'll have to work on a way to find my hat photos now!!

Back
Top Bottom