You Yangs, Lara, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bus drivers are worse than truck drivers, though I'll agree that both are shits. So are assholes who won't let you merge and then drive by laughing. If ever I was to be the cause of an accident, I would hope it would be one which would cripple one of those motherfuckers.

Bus drivers here don't seem to be too bad. The problem seems more to be with the fact some bus routes go down ridiculously narrow streets and I always feel sorry for oncoming traffic. I mean, some of these streets are bad enough if you simply have two cars going in opposite directions encountering each other.

nobody answered my question :sad:

But these people might: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f296/white-winter-hymnal-the-csgw-191420.html

Bus drivers here don't seem to be too bad. The problem seems more to be with the fact some bus routes go down ridiculously narrow streets and I always feel sorry for oncoming traffic. I mean, some of these streets are bad enough if you simply have two cars going in opposite directions encountering each other.

That's just... fucked up. Ah well. I really dislike buses in general, though. On a side note, me and the future Mrs. are thinking about taking a train across the state to visit family in the spring. Depends on how much money we've saved as our honeymoon's gonna cost around $2000.

That's just... fucked up. Ah well. I really dislike buses in general, though. On a side note, me and the future Mrs. are thinking about taking a train across the state to visit family in the spring. Depends on how much money we've saved as our honeymoon's gonna cost around $2000.

Yeah, I am not at all a fan of bus travel. Easily my least favourite mode of transport.

And that sounds cool. Where are you guys heading for your honeymoon?

Google "happiest place on earth". Then you can barf. But I'm going there. And I love it there.

:laugh:

I'll remember you and smirk when I go on my honeymoon to the most frozen, grim Norwegian fjord.

... wait, that would require a wife.

Although in reality, Disneyland isn't the happiest place on earth. The happiest place on earth is my lady's bed.

lololol

Okay, so my family and I are going to Mammoth Cave on the 20th. We'll be doing one of the standard tours, though I'm reading up on some of the others, including the 6 hour tight squeeze spelunking wild cave tour...

Participants must have a chest size of no larger than 42 inches.

:laugh::laugh:

I just barely meet that requirement.

John Croghan, a physician, purchased Mammoth Cave in 1839 in hopes of relieving the suffering associated with "consumption", a disease known today as tuberculosis.

Dr. Croghan thought the cave's constant temperature and humidity to have healing qualities. Deep within the cave patients suffering from the disease lived in wooden and stone huts. Visitors during this experiment reported hearing constant coughing from the patients who apperared as pale, skeleton-like figures inside the huts. The smoke emitted by large fires, used for cooking and warmth, further harmed the suffering patients. Several patients died and the rest grew more sickly causing the experiment to end in failure in 1843. The cool temperatures in the cave harmed rather than helped the patients.

Good job, Croghan!

lololol

Okay, so my family and I are going to Mammoth Cave on the 20th. We'll be doing one of the standard tours, though I'm reading up on some of the others, including the 6 hour tight squeeze spelunking wild cave tour...

:laugh::laugh:

I just barely meet that requirement.

:lol:

We did a couple of tours when I went - can't remember what they were called now, one involved some rock formation that looked like a huge waterfall, but they were both standard tours. Definitely one of the things I enjoyed doing most while I was in the States. I wasn't too fond of leaving either, since the temperature was nice and cool in the cave, while outside it was some nasty humid day that I think was just about pushing 100F.

:lol:

We did a couple of tours when I went - can't remember what they were called now, one involved some rock formation that looked like a huge waterfall, but they were both standard tours. Definitely one of the things I enjoyed doing most while I was in the States. I wasn't too fond of leaving either, since the temperature was nice and cool in the cave, while outside it was some nasty humid day that I think was just about pushing 100F.
Ah, the Frozen Niagara tour. It's really gorgeous. Photos don't do it justice at all. The Historic tour is also really cool, though not as stunning. I don't know which we'll end up doing this time.

I've never been in the winter though... lord knows how freaking cold it'll be in there :yikes:

I freaking love it though. It's so HUGE inside.

970436482_c5f8945439_b.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom