You Yangs, Lara, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not willing to be so kind. They've only done a "decent job" because they are the official site and have access to the band. If any other major U2 fansite had access to the band, I'm willing to bet we'd know a fuckload more. I mean, given the access they have, I honestly think this year's been another appalling year for them. Stupid videos, "news" in the form of occasional vague hints, and articles written as if they are by hack journalists who scoured the Intarwebz rather than anybody with access to U2's camp.

I honestly doubt we would have known anything more or less than we know now if, say, atu2 were the official site. U2 just doesn't really give a shit about keeping their fans in the know. It's only fair that their official website is equally uninformative.

They are slow on the uptake, however, and that is their biggest flaw, in my mind.

I honestly doubt we would have known anything more or less than we know now if, say, atu2 were the official site. U2 just doesn't really give a shit about keeping their fans in the know. It's only fair that their official website is equally uninformative.

They are slow on the uptake, however, and that is their biggest flaw, in my mind.

But U2 care about their fans so-ooo much! EYKIW told me so! Did EYKIW lie to me? :depressed:

But U2 care about their fans so-ooo much! EYKIW told me so! Did EYKIW lie to me? :depressed:

I'm not sure if it's that U2 just doesn't give a shit about their fans, or if they just don't know what the fans want. The latter sounds farfetched.

I'm not sure if it's that U2 just doesn't give a shit about their fans, or if they just don't know what the fans want. The latter sounds farfetched.

I think they're simply an eighties band that hasn't realised it's not the eighties any more.

Just look at their tour schedules!

As a very important source involved in the release of this top secret U2 information, I have important business to attend to...in bed.

:wave:

As a very important source involved in the release of this top secret U2 information, I have important business to attend to...in bed.

:wave:

Don't be too quick. The Internet age hasn't compressed time and space at all. :wave:

Is nobody going to stay and help us get away from all you yangs? :(

Night Chass. :wave:

Just wanted to drop in to say that somehow, I ripped 86.35 out of my arse as an ENTER score. Don't know how I fucking did it, but I'm stoked and had to let some inter people know! :D

You're going to have to explain this for the guy who went to school in Queensland, I'm afraid! Still, glad to hear you've evidently come away with a good score. :up:

You're going to have to explain this for the guy who went to school in Queensland, I'm afraid! Still, glad to hear you've evidently come away with a good score. :up:

Well top score possible is 99.95, which is equivalentish to Queensland's 1, I suppose? That's how it works up there, 1-20?

Thanks very much, and it shows, you don't have to work your fingers to the bone!

Well top score possible is 99.95, which is equivalentish to Queensland's 1, I suppose? That's how it works up there, 1-20?

Thanks very much, and it shows, you don't have to work your fingers to the bone!

1-25, yeah. Sounds like you've done very well then! Congratulations.

And yeah, anybody who tells you that you have to work hard is kidding themselves. No, you don't need to work hard. You just need to know what the marker wants to see and give it to them. You can then safely piss out any old crap, and as long as it fulfills the marking criteria, you're good. How do you think I've dozed through three years of intellectually mundane university and still cruised into Honours?

1-25, yeah. Sounds like you've done very well then! Congratulations.

And yeah, anybody who tells you that you have to work hard is kidding themselves. No, you don't need to work hard. You just need to know what the marker wants to see and give it to them. You can then safely piss out any old crap, and as long as it fulfills the marking criteria, you're good. How do you think I've dozed through three years of intellectually mundane university and still cruised into Honours?

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

There were so many kids in my year level who worked their arses off, unlike me, who didn't work hard until the end of the year where I studied more often, and got lower scores, so you're completely right. "Intellectually mundane" :lol:

The whole exam period was nowhere near as stressful as they said it was going to be. What a crock.

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

There were so many kids in my year level who worked their arses off, unlike me, who didn't work hard until the end of the year where I studied more often, and got lower scores, so you're completely right. "Intellectually mundane" :lol:

The whole exam period was nowhere near as stressful as they said it was going to be. What a crock.

I think the problem is that people are often encouraged to simply use memory rather than actually develop their intellectual faculties. So yes, I'm sure high school and university are pretty hard if all you know is how to recall data, since you need to spend forever memorising it. But if you're encouraged to develop your intellectual faculties, then you don't need to do much memorisation at all, since the work that gets you the marks will be based around drawing inferences, making and justifying arguments, and so forth.

Must admit I love exam periods. A few hours of sitting at a desk and then a good number of days off!

You guys talking exams again?

:uhoh: I have one tomorrow, a subject from last year I follow again. The last time I tried this exam I was sick, during the redo I was sick too. Both times I got a 5(you need a 5.5 to pass!)... today I'm learning fror it, and I'm sick again. Brilliant.

Evening, GG2! :wave:

I flunked chem :giggle:

Ha, this ties into my last post's mini-spiel. The problem with science (and mathematics) education in high schools here right now is that it tends to emphasise pure memorisation. I never saw topping Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Maths B as quite as significant as topping Geography. Your typical exam in the former subjects just asked you to recall some formulas. Your typical exam in Geography asked that you actually analyse information, make an original argument, and reach a conclusion sustained by evidence. I see no reason why the sciences and mathematics shouldn't be like that, and indeed Maths C did require that to an extent, but still, high school science and mathematics are mostly a poor joke and I hate to think how much going to university is like being thrown in the deep end for those students.

There is a good reason why I quit science in high school despite being #1 far and away at it. For somebody with a good memory, it was fucking BORING to just regurgitate information on demand.

I think the problem is that people are often encouraged to simply use memory rather than actually develop their intellectual faculties. So yes, I'm sure high school and university are pretty hard if all you know is how to recall data, since you need to spend forever memorising it. But if you're encouraged to develop your intellectual faculties, then you don't need to do much memorisation at all, since the work that gets you the marks will be based around drawing inferences, making and justifying arguments, and so forth.

Must admit I love exam periods. A few hours of sitting at a desk and then a good number of days off!

Yeah, I agree completely. Memorisation is not as effective. When I said 'working hard', in a lot of cases it's kids reading over things and rote learning. I just sort of laid back a bit more, worked out really well for me. That's why I did well in English, because I was able to draw inferences, make/justify arguments.

And yeah, it was sweet! A very cushy month actually not the stress!!

:uhoh: I have one tomorrow, a subject from last year I follow again. The last time I tried this exam I was sick, during the redo I was sick too. Both times I got a 5(you need a 5.5 to pass!)... today I'm learning fror it, and I'm sick again. Brilliant.

I think you're cursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom