Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that the sunglasses in the Louis Vuitton ad have been photoshopped. Look at the lack on Bvlgari logo and the frames go from matte near the lens to glossy near the ear.

I'm pretty sure that the sunglasses in the Louis Vuitton ad have been photoshopped. Look at the lack on Bvlgari logo and the frames go from matte near the lens to glossy near the ear.

To all of you, I have the answer but the credit is to put to Ilcontethefly account.
We made an exchange of glasses together and I have received from him a pair of 901/8G but quite different from the same model I bought last summer. In fact, even if the color code is the same, the Bulgari logos are tungstene (like the 732/87) and the lense is brown... He told me the story about the Louis Vuitton ad and that this model was the one used in the ad. It seems that EA 9592 were not enough classy for Anny L. who shot Bono and Ali on that occasion... Following that ad, Bono has decided to use the Bulgari's on tour and they have reissued the 901/08 and created the 732/87 for him to wear on stage... Lio if you can confirm my talks ?
All the best everyone.

Another point, my wife is currently using the 8025 901/8G (not the one of the ad, the regular ones). We are in holidays in the south of France and yesterday was a sunny day. when she's away from me like 3 or 4 meters and you look at the glasses, the lenses are looking fully black. So to me it is just a matter of light...

:doh:

I see the difference in colour of the logo now. And I enjoy that the same model# has changed it's model. Suppose it's best here to just quote Bono

"Hear what I say, Nothing's as simple as you think."

Following that ad, Bono has decided to use the Bulgari's on tour and they have reissued the 901/08 and created the 732/87 for him to wear on stage....

732/87 are was is worn on stage everynight.
when does Bono wear the 901/08? off-stage for award shows, at hotels, etc? Or are you suggesting only wore them for the LV ad?

Gvox, I believe you're right about the LV shoot vs Hansa studios shoot. The LV photoshoot video clearly shows the sunset in Bono's eyes, but check this out.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NaqvAs9D3Zw/THvDy9JWiGI/AAAAAAAACtU/1YgKGjYK7vQ/s1600/louis-vuitton.jpg

Look where the sunlight is hitting Ali's face. Clearly they're looking away from the sun in the final picture they used.

I think that pic, if anything, reinforces my theory. In the video the lenses only showed the gradient when the sunlight was directly striking (ie from the front) the lens. If the sun was behind Bono in that pic, they'd appear darker, as in the shaded parts of the video, and the pics outside Hansa. I still believe they are one and the same pair. (and recent posts by lobovox seem to confirm that..)

So it seems you can go with the 901/8G wojovox if you like. How are those red pair holding up in the sun, though? Dark enough?

I think that pic, if anything, reinforces my theory. In the video the lenses only showed the gradient when the sunlight was directly striking (ie from the front) the lens. If the sun was behind Bono in that pic, they'd appear darker, as in the shaded parts of the video, and the pics outside Hansa. I still believe they are one and the same pair. (and recent posts by lobovox seem to confirm that..)

So it seems you can go with the 901/8G wojovox if you like. How are those red pair holding up in the sun, though? Dark enough?

Havn't worn them yet, had to stay in North carolina for a while to finish some things up for the move. My flight is Thursday now. I'm anxious to get down there and unbox them to see and see thru. I'm going to love them.

Saw this pic on Twitter and it made me think of you guys here. :lol:

bonoglasses.jpg

Customized 519's

Well, the collection is growing so much I added a third case yesterday. Thanks to everyone who has helped me add some really awesome pairs. I'm still looking for that elusive Alain Mikli Orange pair....

I found a pair of rose 519's on eBay and received them Monday. I loved them, but I was pretty sure that the pair Bono wore in the Coors Summer Wine video had black arms. Mine had rose/pink colored arms. I have a couple of old 519's that have cracked down the middle so I pulled a pair with black arms and performed a little Bvlgari surgery. It was actually pretty simple, check out the pics of the process and end results. I think they look so much better this way. Plus the flash grey look pretty sweet with the rose/pink arms!:up:

Attachments

• Rose 519 Before.jpg
    Rose 519 Before.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 519 Arms Removed.jpg
    519 Arms Removed.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Rose 519 After.jpg
    Rose 519 After.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
There is no way the flash grey look better with rose arms.

The 519s in the Summer Wine video are NOT the rose model. They are another stock model that came standard with black arms.

3101042lq5.jpg

The only rose 519s Bono ever wore had rose arms.

Get those rose arms back in their proper place!! :angry:

There is no way the flash grey look better with rose arms.

The 519s in the Summer Wine video are NOT the rose model. They are another stock model that came standard with black arms.

3101042lq5.jpg

The only rose 519s Bono ever wore had rose arms.

Get those rose arms back in their proper place!! :angry:

Thanks for the clarification on the colors. I love the 519 and 611 era. Just beautiful. I gotta say, I'm digging the rose with the black arms for my display. The rose arms are safe and sound in case I ever sell them. They just take a minute to replace.

bonoandreacorrdancingwh.jpg

It may be black and white, but the rose ones could never reflect this much. They're darker, and if I'm remembering right it were actually the red ones.

Unless, ofcourse, you mean the Live8 version of WSGB. He was wearing the pink ones there.
edinburghg8summit.jpg

It may be black and white, but the rose ones could never reflect this much. They're darker, and if I'm remembering right it were actually the red ones.

Unless, ofcourse, you mean the Live8 version of WSGB. He was wearing the pink ones there.
edinburghg8summit.jpg

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. Do you know if there is anywhere I can go to get a list of every color combination for the 519's and 611's? They are my absolute favorites. I know it is an incredibly ambitious goal, and could take years, but I'd like to take a shot at trying to locate and own them all.

Hello all......

I would like a little help regarding the Bvlgari 8025

There has been a LOT of talk about this model over the last bit....and frankly, I've lost track over the colors codes.

I'm looking for the lightest/clearest lens possible. I'm sure someone mentioned there is a version with "flash grey" lenses...

If so, what code am I looking for?

Also...any pictures to help illustrate would help a lot...

And lastly...if anyone has a pair available for sale, please let me know....

Thanks again,

Tony
tonyvenn@cogeco.ca

edinburghg8summit.jpg

Heeerrree we go again :lol:

Pink/rose/red/lilac they are all the same single pair of 519s. Just different light.

The ones in the Corrs video he referenced and the pic you quoted (1st one) have brown lenses and black arms.

Completely different pair.

Hm I thought the red ones existed, the darker ones. More like wine red. (get it? wine? They performed Summer Wine? Yea I'll show myself out..)

Hello all......

I would like a little help regarding the Bvlgari 8025

There has been a LOT of talk about this model over the last bit....and frankly, I've lost track over the colors codes.

I'm looking for the lightest/clearest lens possible. I'm sure someone mentioned there is a version with "flash grey" lenses...

If so, what code am I looking for?

Also...any pictures to help illustrate would help a lot...

And lastly...if anyone has a pair available for sale, please let me know....

Thanks again,

Tony

Hi Tony:wave:

the lightest ones would be the 732/87 OFF THE CURRENT PRODUCTION LINE.

Bono's wearing those at the beginning of each show.

The 732/87s from a former production line had much darker, virtually black lenses.

Both versions are still available from the manufacturer. So if you're going to shop online, it will be advisable to state which version you want when placing your order to ensure you'll get the right ones.

AntonCorbijn said:
Hi Tony:wave:

the lightest ones would be the 732/87 OFF THE CURRENT PRODUCTION LINE.

Bono's wearing those at the beginning of each show.

The 732/87s from a former production line had much darker, virtually black lenses.

Both versions are still available from the manufacturer. So if you're going to shop online, it will be advisable to state which version you want when placing your order to ensure you'll get the right ones.

I have heard this a couple of times here... Where can U actually buy the older version of 732/87?

The guys from unitedshades told me that they were able to deliver both versions.

That was back in March, though, but I guess they still are.

Gab's right, the pink 519 can also be called red, rose, burgundy, deep red, whatever you want, cause light plays a BIG role in how lenses will look.

As for the summer wine pair, it IS the brown ones, jsut check the "When The Stars Go Blue" from the same VH1 event and some parts are colored, and you see definitely that these are the brown ones : YouTube - ‪corrs & bono - when the stars go blue (mtv)‬‏

And a fun fact to finish this post : My appartment in Tokyo is 1 minute away walking from Ginza's BVLGARI store. lol.

Hi Anton!! :wave:

Thanks for the info....

I ordered today from UnitedShades...and they did have a "note" section....so i specifically asked for the lightest lens color available.

Hopefully I'm not waiting too long for them.....

Take care everyone!!!!

Tony

Never mind the lenses, just look at the square arm connector thingys, in some shots of that same pair you'd never know that they are actually gold! Position of the lighting in relation to the camera plays such a huge role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom