Worst Album Survivor: Round VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE album.

Welcome to the seventh round of Worst Album Survivor. In this tournament, we are voting for our favourite albums, with the most popular album eliminated each round until we are left with just one album, the least favourite. In other words, elimination is a good thing here. This round will last 24 hours. In the last round, Boy was eliminated.

ELIMINATED

1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Pop
5. Zooropa
6. Boy

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
38 votes: Boy
29: All That You Can't Leave Behind
20: War
15: Rattle And Hum, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
4: October
(Total votes: 121)

Well, now I'm not sure. I like both October and War, and although I favour October, War might actually have a realistic chance of being eliminated here. I'd rather both of them be eliminated before any of the other three go, that's for sure.

I predict War and October splitting votes, leading to an ATYCLB victory (which would be terribly sad). Then, War and October will both fall, leading to a final between RAH and HTDAAB.

I predict War and October splitting votes, leading to an ATYCLB victory (which would be terribly sad).

Unfortunately, this is what I expect too.

However, I think that once War is out of the picture, HTDAAB will go and it'll be an October vs RAH final, in which case October will end up the predictable loser. It'd be a shame if that happens, since for much of the tournament, it has shown potential to not come last for a change.

Whatever the case, what a difference from last time, when HTDAAB came third.

I'm making a U-turn at the traffic light and going with Rattle And Hum.

Van Dieman's Land
Desire
Hawkmoon 269
Silver And Gold
Pride (yes I have always liked this live version)
Angel Of Harlem
Love Rescue Me
Heartland
God Pt II
All I Want Is You

Fuck yes! Now I'm even more convinced after listing out my favorites like that.

RATTLE AND HUM BABY!

as always since TJT

I am torn between War, October, and R+H. What Ian said about standouts vs. consistency is in October's favor, but god I love some of the songs on the other two. Withholding vote for now (and will probably forget to come vote later, lol)

How can someone choose October this early? I don't get it at all. It's a fucking demo tape.

why vote then?

Exactly. If you don't know all the albums, it's a bit ridiculous just to vote for one because you know it, as you have no way to know if it is indeed superior to those you haven't heard. This tournament isn't "vote for what you know". Nobody's making anyone vote. If you don't know the albums, just go to the next thread.

boy > october > war

imo anyway

Seconded.

And I'm not even sure War wins on standout tracks. October has Gloria, Rejoice, and Tomorrow, which can all easily hold their own against War's best.

And I'm not even sure War wins on standout tracks. October has Gloria, Rejoice, and Tomorrow, which can all easily hold their own against War's best.

:eyebrow: Lest we forget, War has Sunday Bloody Sunday, Seconds, NYD, Like A Song, Drowning Man, Surrender... all standouts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom