Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:

Yeah, the Kickapoos are totally real (they spell their name differently, but it's still pronounced the same) and there are a bunch of places in the US named after them.

Hah, wow. I, uh, think I'd change my identification if I were one of them.

bono_man2002 said:
Mac breakdown?.....Is that possible! :scratch:

Apparently. :sigh:

It is an old, second-hand computer. Bah, it had been working fine until a couple of weeks ago. The Internet still vaguely works - I'm successfully submitting tracks to Last.FM from it! But websites won't work.

One suggestion is that I wipe the hard drive and do a clean install. Not something I really desire to do ...

bono_man2002 said:
Well It cant be too hard to do a format on a Mac right?

You can always back up everything you need onto an external drive.

I need an external drive first! The one I have was formatted for a Windows, so although I can use files on it via the Mac, I can't edit them or add new files. (And that external drive has stupidly stopped working on my Windows, ugh.)

bono_man2002 said:
Btw, How goes The Raconteurs? :)

Almost finished listening to the fourth link now. They're alright, listenable. I'm not about to load BitTornado to get their albums but I don't hate them like I do The White Stripes.

Axver said:

I need an external drive first! The one I have was formatted for a Windows, so although I can use files on it via the Mac, I can't edit them or add new files. (And that external drive has stupidly stopped working on my Windows, ugh.)

Well If I got my 500GB for $170 bucks, how much stuff do you need to back up?...You should be able to pick up something small like 80GB for less than $100?

The Sad Punk said:

Yeah, the Kickapoos are totally real (they spell their name differently, but it's still pronounced the same) and there are a bunch of places in the US named after them.

Holy crap, they're real? There's a drink named after them, but, y'know, I thought they were fictitious.

Dear Axver,

When did a significant majority of the girls at uni suddenly become quite attractive?

Yours sincerely,
major_panic

bono_man2002 said:

Well If I got my 500GB for $170 bucks, how much stuff do you need to back up?...You should be able to pick up something small like 80GB for less than $100?

Yeah, but that could still feed me for 3 weeks or so!

Ugh. I hope to find a solution that does not involve needing to wipe everything.

Axver said:

Almost finished listening to the fourth link now. They're alright, listenable. I'm not about to load BitTornado to get their albums but I don't hate them like I do The White Stripes.

They only have one album. its 10 tracks.

Though as brilliant as they are on the album, they own live.

What the HELL people, as if let me get three posts in a row in the postwhorehouse. :tsk:

Edit: Good, I didn't. If I had, shame on you all.

Axver said:

They only have one album. its 10 tracks.

Though as brilliant as they are on the album, they own live.

Being a fan of both bands, means I can never be Bored. Jack White keeps my music fix going nicely, with an Album every year for the past 4 years now.

major_panic said:
Dear Axver,

When did a significant majority of the girls at uni suddenly become quite attractive?

Yours sincerely,
major_panic

Dear Maj.,

Since you lowered your standards. :wink:

Sincerely,
Ax

PS No, I'm wondering a similar thing. But this might have something to do with the fact I've finally moved on from Kate and I'm vaguely notcing that sort of thing again.

mysterious_jen said:

did the heat make you go through puberty ?

:lol:

No, today was my first day at uni due to my being in hospital and all that. It was... quite a shock, to say the least. I don't remember there being even half the number of attractive girls around last year.

Also Ax, I found something to do: I went and watched the Tuesday concerts, which I'd completely forgotten existed! Skipping Girl Vinegar are on next week, that should be pretty good.

bono_man2002 said:
Being a fan of both bands, means I can never be Bored. Jack White keeps my music fix going nicely, with an Album every year for the past 4 years now.

This is like me and Porcupine Tree. Steven Wilson's always putting out something. Last year alone, we got two major studio albums, an EP, and a live album. Already this year, he's released an album with Bass Communion, the one side project I haven't checked out yet due to an inability to find anything.

major_panic said:
What the HELL people, as if let me get three posts in a row in the postwhorehouse. :tsk:

Edit: Good, I didn't. If I had, shame on you all.

I like it fast and whorey but everyone's talking about things that I don't get. Computers. . . . intelligent things. . . . . sport. . . . . . bands that I don't know. . . . . :(

curse me for being a thicky that sucks up celeb gossip and fluffy tv shows like cheap liquor:mad:

major_panic said:
Also Ax, I found something to do: I went and watched the Tuesday concerts, which I'd completely forgotten existed! Skipping Girl Vinegar are on next week, that should be pretty good.

Actually, I was thinking about that today, when I realised what day it is. Shall we go to the one next week? Should fit into my schedule fairly well.

cinnaminson said:

I like it fast and whorey but everyone's talking about things that I don't get. Computers. . . . intelligent things. . . . . sport. . . . . . bands that I don't know. . . . . :(

curse me for being a thicky that sucks up celeb gossip and fluffy tv shows like cheap liquor:mad:

i skip all of it and go straight for sex and cheap booze.

busy cin :sexywink:

Im watching a verrry tasty inxs clip at the moment. mmmm 90's at 9 on vh1. WIN

Axver said:

This is like me and Porcupine Tree. Steven Wilson's always putting out something. Last year alone, we got two major studio albums, an EP, and a live album. Already this year, he's released an album with Bass Communion, the one side project I haven't checked out yet due to an inability to find anything.

:up:

Another thing to love about the Stripes (Not sure about The Raconteurs).....but they've write setlists before the show, they just go out there and play. The only thing thats a gimmie is they will have a few songs that they usually will always open with. and usually close with Seven Nation Army -> Boll Wevil.

I soo want them to tour downunder.

Axver said:

Actually, I was thinking about that today, when I realised what day it is. Shall we go to the one next week? Should fit into my schedule fairly well.

Yeah, I'll be there. I always head down to check it out, although there haven't really been any bands that've caught my attention yet.

Today's act was Little Red, who were quaint and weird (THREE people took lead vocals on different songs, their key singer and guitarist was on crack and the drummer must've just escaped from a mental institute).

cinnaminson said:

maybe your just noticing them more? Hot weather = skimpy clothes. . . . . . . . . . . although hot pants and some girls = :no:

There is quite a good possibility of that, although I doubt it. Just cause I'm a good Christian boy doesn't mean I don't notice these things, people! :wink:

Besides, I normally look at faces, otherwise it's a tad obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom