Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:

Dear Ax,

But we have never written any instrumentals.

Yours,
Bono

Dear Bono,

Please find enclosed a copy of The Unforgettable Fire single. Please pay careful attention to the b-sides entitled Bass Trap and Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come and see if they jog your memory.

Regards,
Ax

major_panic said:

Dear Axver,

That sounds great, provided I can give some speeches over the guitar solos like I usually do.

Yours,
Bono

Dear Bono,

Be aware Larry is currently practicing throwing drum sticks at targets that look extraordinarily like the back of your head. Make of this what you will.

Regards,
Ax

Axver said:

Dear Bono,

Please find enclosed a copy of The Unforgettable Fire single. Please pay careful attention to the b-sides entitled Bass Trap and Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come and see if they jog your memory.

Regards,
Ax

Dear Ax,

I'm not sure if we wrote this "Unforgettable Fire" 'single' you speak of. Are you sure it was not another band, quite possibly one of the other great nineteen-eighties bands, like the great Split Enz or the Church or maybe the Beatles? I don't think it rocks out enough to be one of my own!

Please get your facts straight,
Bono

Axver said:
Dear Bono,

Be aware Larry is currently practicing throwing drum sticks at targets that look extraordinarily like the back of your head. Make of this what you will.

Regards,
Ax

Let's not even mention that guitar-shaped crossbow Edge was working on.

Axver said:

Dear Bono,

Regards,
Ax

Dear Bono,

We've heard that Ax has warned you that we've been practicing throwing at you. You know that we love you, and we're like brothers, right?

That's why we're more than happy to tell you that if we hear the beginnings of another speech, we will throw things at you. Edge is sick of you talking over his solos, and Adam has bought an extra-heavy spoon to keep in his pocket just in case.

Larry recently decapitated a wooden practice dummy at 50 feet from behind his drumkit with a drumstick (or droomstick as he calls them).

We're sorry it had to be this way, but it's what the fans wanted.

Love,
Edge, Larry, Adam

TranceEnding said:
yes they do :D Melbourne II ..... *sigh*!!!!! Soooooooo good to hear that again :love:
I have a lot more love for The First Time since that night... :up:

*has had Zooropa in the car lately* Might be time for a change... I'm thinking Pop next. :hmm:

The Sad Punk said:

Dear Ax,

I'm not sure if we wrote this "Unforgettable Fire" 'single' you speak of. Are you sure it was not another band, quite possibly one of the other great nineteen-eighties bands, like the great Split Enz or the Church or maybe the Beatles? I don't think it rocks out enough to be one of my own!

Please get your facts straight,
Bono

Dear Bono,

Please consult U2Wanderer.org before writing to me again. If you are unable to access this website, I am sure one of your daughters is sufficiently computer literate to help you.

Regards,
Ax

mysterious_jen said:
listeing to the leeds popmart show, dang good, thanks to whomever reccomended it , axe im looking at you
That's on my must-listen list too... maybe I should burn off some boots to put in the car instead. :huh:

major_panic said:

Second cousin. Direct family line is General Warning, Colonel Sanders, myself, Captain Obvious, Sergeant Pepper and Private Parts.

:lmao:

We actually have - had? - a poster here called Gen. Chat. He would post during some of the Vertigo Tour setlist parties and was really awesome, but it seems he has fallen off the face of the planet since then.

mysterious_jen said:
listeing to the leeds popmart show, dang good, thanks to whomever reccomended it , axe im looking at you

Not sure if I did recommend that, but it is a very awesome gig. One of the absolute best from Popmart. It has my favourite EBTTRT.

GEORGE HARRISON = OWNED.

Alisaura said:

I have a lot more love for The First Time since that night... :up:

oh yes, I totally agree. It was amazing to hear that again ... sounded really beautiful :)

The main memory that came flooding back at this second show is that how fantastic it felt to hear the audience sing along to every single song :D What an amazing atmosphere!

Had a big smile on my face listening to this all the way through :D

Alisaura said:

I still remember it as vivid as day. Kite ending, the band talking quickly, a couple of moments, then BAD!!!

The only thing I have against that show is ISHFWILF, it was really boring. Should've played NYD instead.

Alisaura said:
Where are we going next?

I say Dismal, Tennessee. I'd most like to do Useless Loop, WA, but Wittenoom is also in WA!

And I can't make the next thread, since I made this one, so who's doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom