Will The Stage Rotate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will The Stage Rotate?

• Yes

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 100 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally, I was sure that it wouldn't. But something makes me think that it will now.

The seats behind the stage are cheaper than those which are in front of the stage...that must mean that the stage won't rotate...otherwise the seats behind the stage would cost as much as those in front of the stage...

^ I don't think that's the case everywhere. It depends where in the stadium the stage will be situated. I think there is a possibility the stage or part of it will rotate. Someone from the guys who are taking the pictures in Barcelona said so. I think it would be cool, so I say yes.

The seats behind the stage are cheaper than those which are in front of the stage...that must mean that the stage won't rotate...otherwise the seats behind the stage would cost as much as those in front of the stage...

:|

why? the concept of the stage is that there is no "behind the stage", Daniel Lanois said those are the best seats, and Bono/and/or/Edge said those seats are a gift to fans, that's why they're cheaper.
Honestly I'm surprised those seats are not the most expensive in the stadium, because there's the "catwalk" to the back and the stage is closer to that side, the bridges leading to the ring are also on that side, so people seating there will see the band the most.
That said, I also don't believe the stage will rotate.

Why would U2 place the stage so that the majority of the crowd will see their backs?!?! Either the stage will rotate only sometimes so that U2 will have the majority of the audience in front of them most of the time, or the stage won't rotate at all.

Why would U2 place the stage so that the majority of the crowd will see their backs?!?! Either the stage will rotate only sometimes so that U2 will have the majority of the audience in front of them most of the time, or the stage won't rotate at all. If the stage would rotate all the time the stage would be placed in the middle of the stadiums!

when everybody thinks one way, go the other

they will rotate it for a song or two

-dan

if it would have rotated, then you would have seen the hydraulics to make it rotate being laid out in the pictures just like we have been able to see everything else..its not going to rotate

This seems a little bizarre to me, the whole idea that if it doesn't rotate then the band will have their backs to the fans the whole show - Aside from Larry - Can't they just TURN AROUND?

Perhaps Larry will spin for the duration of the show, that's sure to get him smiling

the stage is oval and connected to the back ramp. how the fuck would that rotate?

is it possible that larry's drum riser rotates? sure, why not. but to see the stage and still think that it'll rotate would be pretty dense.

Actually if you look at the recent batch of pics you'll see that there are two parts of the stage. There is the outer ring that does appear to be oval, then an inner ring slightly above that, and in the centre larry's riser. I think the second ring from the outside is the stage proper and it could easily rotate as it looks circular.

Look at this picture:
dijous11juny003.jpg

See the outer ring, then the slightly elevated round stage inside it? Ok now check out the lighting rig "behind" the drum position. It sit's on the OUTER RING, and it's definitely on wheels with a track, in other words it rotates with the stage which makes sense as those are the lights that are always behind the band. Look at where that track goes by enlarging the picture. Interesting stuff. Also, there is a completely separate raised area behind the drum riser that takes up the back chunk of the circle and is accessed by 6 or so stairs on each side...looks to be big enough to have a b-stage setup. Hmm.

In other words, the stage STRUCTURE, that oval part that is connected to the back ramp, no, it can't move or rotate. However the inner round stage itself can and will rotate, imo.

I doubt that very much.

Here's another picture that shows the round stage within the larger oval. With this and the presence of a track ringing the thing, I'm pretty much convinced that the area the band plays on rotates :up:

img7877.jpg

Back
Top Bottom