Will the next tour be in stadiums or arena's in the United States?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did answer your question. My answer was "why not?".

And yes, no one has ever used the phrase new york fucking city. ever.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I said "Newfuckingyork". That has certainly been used far more than Charlestonfuckington.

But again, why use such names for a city?

Oh and "why not?" is not an answer, that's just a wimpy dodge.

I said "Newfuckingyork". That has certainly been used far more than Charlestonfuckington.

But again, why use such names for a city?

Oh and "why not?" is not an answer, that's just a wimpy dodge.

Because I curse a lot? What are you looking for here?

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I heard that as well. Is the GA ban still in effect? Still strange that in 33+ years since they started playing the USA, they only played once in cincy, in 1981 at a small club.

If they do arenas they'll probably play the big new arena in Louisville, rather than the 40+ year old arena in Cincy. LINENATION really seems to be pushing L'ville as a concert market since that arena opened. Also, U2 would probably hit Cleveland, and Columbus is unlikely.

Yes they lifted it a number of years back.

Thread is officially dead.

U2 is playing arenas. Most if not all of us reading this will be in attendance.

Steve will get tickets and would appreciate a 48 hr notice from band management if they intend to anything out of the ordinary at the shows he attends.

Some fools we don't care about may not get tickets.

The end.

Shut it down.

It's all up in the air obviously, but if they're not starting a tour until summer won't that mean they'll have to start in Europe again? They pretty much have to do stadiums in Europe for lack of feasible arenas right? And they're not going to do an autumn-->winter tour outside right? North American arenas can be done any time of the year, barring increased negotiating necessary in fall and winter because a lot of venues host two sports teams at that time.

there are plenty of suitable arenas in Europe U2 could play- they choose not to do that

given that One Direction have bagged all the Croke slots this year U2 have got to find somewhere else big to play in Dublin assuming it's not an arena tour

Some European cities with 11-26k arenas;

Stockholm, Bærum (Oslo), Malmö, Herning, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Gdansk, Krakow (new venue), Hannover, Köln, Munich, Bremen, Dortmund, Mannheim, Vienna, Lyon, Paris, Marseille, Montpellier, Zürich, Berne, Turin, Milan, Rome, Budapest, Zagreb, Belgrade, Kaunas, Barcelona, Madrid, Cascais (Lisbon)....

Pretty much an entire European tour there. :up:

Some European cities with 11-26k arenas;

Stockholm, Bærum (Oslo), Malmö, Herning, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Gdansk, Krakow (new venue), Hannover, Köln, Munich, Bremen, Dortmund, Mannheim, Vienna, Lyon, Paris, Marseille, Montpellier, Zürich, Berne, Turin, Milan, Rome, Budapest, Zagreb, Belgrade, Kaunas, Barcelona, Madrid, Cascais (Lisbon)....

Pretty much an entire European tour there. :up:

Note that it would take seventeen shows in The O2 in Dublin to get to the same number of seats as three shows in Croke Park.

They haven't done an arena tour in Europe in 22 years, I would be very surprised if they reversed this trend. There isn't any evidence they will beyond pure speculation from a Gigslutz article and the fact that Croke Park is booked. Aviva Stadium can hold 65,000 for concerts though, and the Slane concerts haven't been announced for 2014 as well.

there are plenty of suitable arenas in Europe U2 could play- they choose not to do that

given that One Direction have bagged all the Croke slots this year U2 have got to find somewhere else big to play in Dublin assuming it's not an arena tour

That's not true. As long as there is not an event being held at Croke Park Stadium, then the date is open for a show.

Yes, One Direction have the following dates booked at the stadium:

May 23, 2014
May 24, 2014
May 25, 2014

But guess what, Garth Brooks today just booked the following dates at Croke Park Stadium:

July 25, 2014
July 26, 2014

So obviously, provided the stadium is not already booked for a sports event or another concert, it is open for use! I'm sure U2 could find some dates in June, July or August if they decide to play there.

They haven't done an arena tour in Europe in 22 years, I would be very surprised if they reversed this trend. There isn't any evidence they will beyond pure speculation from a Gigslutz article and the fact that Croke Park is booked. Aviva Stadium can hold 65,000 for concerts though, and the Slane concerts haven't been announced for 2014 as well.

False, they did an arena tour in Europe in 2001 which was only 12 and and half years ago.

Croke Park stadium still has dates open where U2 could book the stadium. Garth Brooks just booked two shows there in July today.

Oh right, Elevation wasn't like Vertigo in Europe, still 12+ years is along time and they can play 1-2 shows rather than 3-4 and get better attendance with stadiums.

Hasn't there been a past restriction on Croke Park usage, stipulating only one act's series of concerts per year? (Obviously, that's been violated now.)

Okay, I have a bona fide arena question so I'm putting it here. For GA in for an arena show, what's the wait plan like?

I was just thinking - since some of us are concerned about it being harder to get tickets for an arena tour - when U2 have come to NYC(one of the biggest, if not the biggest, market for U2 shows in the States) for arena gigs in the recent past, they've played both MSG and Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford(though for North Jersey they may do the newer Prudential Center in Newark this time), but this will be their first arena tour since the Barclays Center in Brooklyn has been open. Does anybody think they'll play there too? They could potentially play 2-3 gigs at MSG, 2 gigs in North Jersey, and 2 gigs at Barclays.

Back
Top Bottom