Will the 3rd Leg Setlist`s be more like the 1st or the 2nd leg setlist`s????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

This might be too soon for a question like this...but I gotta ask all of ya ,

I think...yes!!!!
The band seems to have the setlist worked out nice for themselves.
But I hope we`ll see some suprises.
I have a hunch...11 O`clock will see a premiere as the 2nd song after Vertigo?

What do you all think????

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I put my money on the 3rd leg being more like the 2nd. There was already a trend on the 1st leg after Chicago. Gone were the shows where LAPOE opened the shows, COBL opened all except the final Boston show.
It will all depend on what kind of production they bring back to North America. I also suspect that they like their current setlist and that the 1st leg was more or less a warming up. I predict no changes to the the main part of the show. Anything between LAPOE to the closing Vertigo probably stays as it is. Historically this was always the most stable part. It took a 9-11 for them to change it on Elevation. Maybe RTSS returns to replace Miss Sarajevo. It was more a European thing. If any changes do occur they will be in the 1st 2/5ths of the show. I'd say, you'll know when you hear which song opens the show, Vertigo (Euro setlist) or COBL (1st leg style).

Oh, just remembered something, in the US U2 has a policy of selling the seats behind the stage as well. This probably means no big Euro screen but the return of the curtains since the gay squad has to be able to see 4 Irish asses. This could mean greater variety on multiple nights.

I think it will be similiar to the 1st leg setlists with songs that were added for the Euro leg added to those lists (IE All I Want Is You, Miss Sarajevo, I Will Follow) and maybe a few other songs. There will be more variety just by the mere fact that they have several shows that are 3 or more night stands in the same market. They will still have a core setlist though that is used on single night shows, which will probebly be similiar to European setlists. But I can see City moving back as an opener for alot of 3rd leg shows.

prepare to see vertigo no less than eight times.

prepare to see maybe one song alternated, that being with or without you in exchange for mysterious ways. or perhaps a third vertigo.

prepare for people to pump their fists in 7ubilee, exclaiming how cool it is how u2 mixes up their setlists.

the funny thing is, i'm absolutely serious.

^
There is a shocking post. Mr. Positive! over and over and over and over and over........ about as predictable as you are indicating the setlists will be.

i'm simply stating the truth.

honestly, was i really making anything up about what i said?

Muad'zin said:
Oh, just remembered something, in the US U2 has a policy of selling the seats behind the stage as well. This probably means no big Euro screen but the return of the curtains since the gay squad has to be able to see 4 Irish asses. This could mean greater variety on multiple nights.

gay squad? how about the straight women squad?

Zoomerang96 said:
prepare to see vertigo no less than eight times.

prepare to see maybe one song alternated, that being with or without you in exchange for mysterious ways. or perhaps a third vertigo.

YES, read your own post again!

i see what you're saying.

you want me to predict the setlists of the next three shows?

funny, i bet i could look into my crystal ball and somehow create a pinpoint setlist for you.

it's math, blue room.

i'm not saying the songs are bad, but they have SO many other songs they could play and have played on this tour and to simply dismiss them is ludicrous.

Zoomerang96 said:
i see what you're saying.

you want me to predict the setlists of the next three shows?

funny, i bet i could look into my crystal ball and somehow create a pinpoint setlist for you.

it's math, blue room.

i'm not saying the songs are bad, but they have SO many other songs they could play and have played on this tour and to simply dismiss them is ludicrous.

OK, I will play. Predict the setlists for the first 4 shows of the third leg. Lets see how close you get. Oh, and remember, you have to stick to the rules of your prior post as far as changes made.

Look at the first leg. Anytime they played more than 2 nights in a market there was some significant changes. That is happening on several occassions on the third leg. If you cant see that, YOUR math is off.

oh no.

that's not what i said. i said the next three shows, don't go changing the rules on me.

after all, we wouldn't want any CHANGE now would we?

zing!

:sexywink:

Zoomerang96 said:
oh no.

that's not what i said. i said the next three shows, don't go changing the rules on me.

after all, we wouldn't want any CHANGE now would we?

zing!

:sexywink:

Look at the topic of the thread. We are discussing the third leg and your point was there would be very little to no variation on the THIRD LEG. Zing!

i dont care what anyone else has ever said, i said what I said, and that's all there's to it.

quit playing games with my heart.

the real question is when they play the NY area; they're doing like 8 or 10 shows here.

for them not to seriously mix it up then would be a disgrace.

Yeah, I'm going to 3 of the 5 October shows at MSG. I'm hoping for some fun surprises...Not anything too crazy, but if Chicago and Boston from the first leg are any indication, I'd be more than happy! I'm going to the 5th show on 10/14. I'd like to think that it'll be one hell of a show!!!

Mauwer said:
Friends ,

This might be too soon for a question like this...but I gotta ask all of ya ,

I think...yes!!!!
The band seems to have the setlist worked out nice for themselves.
But I hope we`ll see some suprises.
I have a hunch...11 O`clock will see a premiere as the 2nd song after Vertigo?

What do you all think????

Cheers ,

I really hope they change it, how many times can they play New Years Day & Pride? Give me anything from UF or Rattle/Hum...I'll even take a cover, but time to put Pride and Bullet to rest.

Mauwer

JOFO said:
the real question is when they play the NY area; they're doing like 8 or 10 shows here.

for them not to seriously mix it up then would be a disgrace.
listen this is the attitue that gets to me... a disgrace? bit strong isnt it? have you got tickets to all 8 shows?

KUEFC09U2 said:
listen this is the attitue that gets to me... a disgrace? bit strong isnt it? have you got tickets to all 8 shows?

no, I have tickets to 1 (one) show; because it's all I could get; I would've liked to seen more shows, however since their ticket sales were handled so poorly, that's all I got.
but when I see that 1 (one) show, I'd love to see a varied setlist, as oppossed to reading the setlists for the first 7 nights and then see the exact same one for the 8th.

really; when you've got people like springsteen mixing it up at every show when he plays NJ or NY like 10 or 15 times in a row, a band like u2 could surely do a little bit of the same.

and if not, that's cool; I'll see my 1 (one) show and be happy; I'm sure I'll be one of the loudest people in the place.

I don't mean this to sound pissy at all, but maybe you should try avoiding the setlists before your show. I'm definitely going to do that for the 3rd leg. I checked out all of the setlists for the first leg and even listened to a couple of boots before I went, and I really regret it. I went to Boston I (I've got crappy nosebleeds for all these shows...I realize it sounds really obnoxious having someone who's going to a handfull of shows saying this)...anyway, when I went to my show on 5/24, while I still had an amazing time (it being my first full-fledged U2 concert, how could I not?) I couldn't help but be a little disappointed that New Year's Day had been dropped, and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart was replaced with The Ocean. The friend I went w/ hadn't looked at any of the setlists, and she had the most amazing time. While I loved the concert, I know she had a better time, because she wasn't calculating what should be coming up and what the odds were that they'd be playing X, Y, or Z. While I know I'll have a great time in October no matter what they play (though really, I could do w/o hearing 6 Vertigos) it would still be nice if they're able to shake things up a bit. I don't even necessarily expect new songs to be dusted off (though Crumbs would be nice!) I'd just love to hear a variety of the songs that have already been played on the tour (New Year's Day, Bad, WGRYWH, IWF, AIWIY, GLORIA!!, OOC, WOWY, ACD/ITH, Miss Sarajeo etc, etc, etc).

Sorry this got so long and rambling!

JOFO said:

no, I have tickets to 1 (one) show; because it's all I could get; I would've liked to seen more shows, however since their ticket sales were handled so poorly, that's all I got.
but when I see that 1 (one) show, I'd love to see a varied setlist, as oppossed to reading the setlists for the first 7 nights and then see the exact same one for the 8th.

really; when you've got people like springsteen mixing it up at every show when he plays NJ or NY like 10 or 15 times in a row, a band like u2 could surely do a little bit of the same.

and if not, that's cool; I'll see my 1 (one) show and be happy; I'm sure I'll be one of the loudest people in the place.

Which show are you going to? It will make the difference. If you are going to one of the first 2 shows at MSG, odds are you are going to get the standard 2 night setlists they will be doing. Now night 3, 4 and 5 of the 5 night MSG stint will get interesting at some point. I think there will be at least one major shake up out of those and possibly another semi major shake up at one of the others.

no, you make good points mabel.

it's one of the dangers of the internet; it was more fun when there wasn't so much information to be had.

Blue Room said:

Which show are you going to? It will make the difference. If you are going to one of the first 2 shows at MSG, odds are you are going to get the standard 2 night setlists they will be doing. Now night 3, 4 and 5 of the 5 night MSG stint will get interesting at some point. I think there will be at least one major shake up out of those and possibly another semi major shake up at one of the others.

I'm going to friday oct. 14th at MSG.

It is very tempting to check out the setlists because it's so easy. I was going to lay off the 2nd leg too, but w/ so much free time during the summer (and extremely boring afternoons at my summer job, sitting in front of a computer all day) I just couldn't resist! Even though it was fun to watch them evolve over the first leg, I really just ended up shooting myself in the foot. No matter how good the concert was, it was hard not to be a smidge disappointed knowing that as soon as it was over that I'd caught one of, if not the shortest concert of the tour (really, how can you drop NYD, ACD, and ITH and replace all 3 w/ The Ocean, and The Ocean only?!?)...it didn't help that I'm a glutton for punishment and I dove right back in, watching the setlist parties for Boston II and III. I literally slid out of my chair watching the encore for 5/26!

Anyway, with that being said, I would tend to think that 10/14 should be very exciting. *fingers crossed*...I'll be there, in 324 behind the stage!

mabel said:
Anyway, with that being said, I would tend to think that 10/14 should be very exciting. *fingers crossed*...I'll be there, in 324 behind the stage!

cool; I've got section 313 on the side of the stage!

I'll wave to ya.

Saying that New York V is going to be interesting is putting it mildly. This is the first time U2 has played five consecutive shows in a single city since the mammoth seven show stand in Melbourne in 1989 (and before that, I think they've only done five night stands twice, LA and East Rutherford on the first leg of the JT Tour in 1987). We simply don't know what U2 are capable of bringing out on a fifth night. I think it's a shame all seven NY shows aren't in a row, as that'd be even more exciting again.

I'm trying to keep as even-keeled as possible re: MSGV, Axver. Actually, I kind of feel bad that I've gotten tix to it, because I've got some seriously terrible luck (as a general rule...It's not limited to concert going). I think I just might jinx it...moi, single handedly! You'll know who to blame, folks. :wave:

Theoretically, it should be an insane show (only topped, as you said if all 7 were there together...can you imagine?!?!)

Back
Top Bottom