Why no "Gastonbury" - the song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quite logically you only see me on here. I don't live in Liverpool. I don't even live in the UK. Do you really have to use such a bullshit argument just because I correct your bad grammar? Classy.

That does sound bad, am going on holiday in 2 weeks, hope it doesn't disrupt my flight. Has it disrupted any European flights, do you know?

you'll be sweet, unless you're hitting antarctica, australia or new zealand.

No, the ash cloud is in New Zealand...

i was up at fucking sunrise this morning. the average ash cloud should produce more pretty colours than this bullshit. fucking jesus i'm so upset. i mean, it's beyond human control....but if it means i miss the fly and zooropa in the same set, i'll cry.

you'll be sweet, unless you're hitting antarctica, australia or new zealand.

i was up at fucking sunrise this morning. the average ash cloud should produce more pretty colours than this bullshit. fucking jesus i'm so upset. i mean, it's beyond human control....but if it means i miss the fly and zooropa in the same set, i'll cry.

:therethere: What's the prognosis on the cloud's movement? If you can't make the US shows, you could always come to the Canadian Interferece party. :shifty:

Quite logically you only see me on here. I don't live in Liverpool. I don't even live in the UK. Do you really have to use such a bullshit argument just because I correct your bad grammar? Classy.

No theres quite a few people i see on here all the time, but your always on, and what i see is your always contradicting what everyone says. So instead of being a stuck up so and so, keep your thoughts to yourself and dont be a smart arse all your life. Correcting me on my grammar, say if i had dyslexia contributing to this forum and theres you correcting my grammar and spelling. My girlfriends dyslexic and she hates people being a smart arse and correcting her.

Lol. You seriously don't see that the fact that you always see me online is perhaps because we share a timezone(sure, -1, but similar)? That I happen to have the same day hours as you totally means we cannot be online at the same time?

And I TOTALLY ALWAYS contradict EVERYTHING EVERYONE says? :lol: Man Bono could learn a thing or two about hyperboles from you. Look up, I'm TOTALLY contradicting Ian's post there. Oh wait. I'm not. Because I don't contradict posts. I simply point out contradictions in other people's posts. Which are mistakes they made, that I'm merely correcting.

And I have plenty of dyslexic friends, and most of them approve of me helping them out with their grammar and don't give a shit what other people say. If all you can see is me being a smart ass, perhaps you should realize that if you would type properly I wouldn't have anything to correct, thus I would not be capable of being a smart ass.

Oh and. It's there's. Short for there is. Not theres. And the contraction for you are is you're, not your. And then I'm not even mentioning the fact that the I should be capitalized.

And this is a forum. The entire point is to share thoughts and discuss them. So I'll gladly continue doing so. But I reckon I'll do it elsewhere, because this thread is pretty much ruined. Enjoy your weekend.

Lol. You seriously don't see that the fact that you always see me online is perhaps because we share a timezone(sure, -1, but similar)? That I happen to have the same day hours as you totally means we cannot be online at the same time?

And I TOTALLY ALWAYS contradict EVERYTHING EVERYONE says? :lol: Man Bono could learn a thing or two about hyperboles from you. Look up, I'm TOTALLY contradicting Ian's post there. Oh wait. I'm not. Because I don't contradict posts. I simply point out contradictions in other people's posts. Which are mistakes they made, that I'm merely correcting.

And I have plenty of dyslexic friends, and most of them approve of me helping them out with their grammar and don't give a shit what other people say. If all you can see is me being a smart ass, perhaps you should realize that if you would type properly I wouldn't have anything to correct, thus I would not be capable of being a smart ass.

Oh and. It's there's. Short for there is. Not theres. And the contraction for you are is you're, not your. And then I'm not even mentioning the fact that the I should be capitalized.

And this is a forum. The entire point is to share thoughts and discuss them. So I'll gladly continue doing so. But I reckon I'll do it elsewhere, because this thread is pretty much ruined. Enjoy your weekend.

Yeh the whole point of the forum is to share thoughts and to discuss them. Not to be contradicted by a smart arse correcting spellings and grammar. Does it matter if am not using perfect grammar and punctuation, am not writing to the Queen, am not writing a formal letter. Am posting my thoughts on a very informal forum.

I will enjoy my weekend, outside in the fresh air, seeing the world. Not stuck inside 24 7, being a right ass hole, correcting peoples grammar and spellings. And if am being harsh then am not sorry, there's a word for people like you. This forum is supposed to be a gathering of fellow fans thoughts and discussions, a place were people should be able to come and happily chat about U2. I don't expect to come on here and too be told, its there's not theres. If i wanted a lecture then i'd go back to school. Wouldn't come on here for it off you..

Back on topic,i think the song glastonbury would have rocked last night. They should have released it as a stand alone single 2 weeks before,that way people would know about it.

Back on topic,i think the song glastonbury would have rocked last night. They should have released it as a stand alone single 2 weeks before,that way people would know about it.

This :up:

I had hoped they would do this. Now I'm afraid the idea/song is dead and we will only have the cover version on youtube. Great sound, but you get tired of it, because the singer is not Bono. Good but not great. I want the U2 version. It should have been all over the radio waves, for people to listen to, while they were looking forward to Glastonbury. And then, when U2 played it live Friday night, it would have blown them away :drool:

But anyway, enjoyed the concert so much, I couldn't keep up with the setlist party thread. I was too excited! :hyper:

super fly guy said:

. . . in hindsight, i absolutely agree with you ~ yesterday would have been a golden opportunity to make the song a really special moment :)
I still think their set was beyond amazing and I cried tears of happiness through a good part of the show ~ so lucky to have been able to watch it in real time :yes: ~ and thought they nailed it from the get go ~ admittedly there were a few wobbles bit it was just class from go to whoa and their visible nerves were endearing if nothing else :)

nirniva said:
Any crowd able to make a singalong out of freaking Stay is okay by me. :love:

Indeedy - one of the many many highlights!

I don't think too much of the song, but yeah, since I Will Follow is apparently available for charity, playing Glastonbury and releasing it for charity on iTunes would have been pretty cool - a proper version/recording of it for us overboard U2 fans, and a little treat to the people at Glastonbury.

with all due respect GG, the poster is from Liverpool, so English is probably his mother tongue anyway - he's not posting asking for help with the language is he? and this isn't a language forum is it? why should you take it upon yourself to correct his posts? it comes across a little bit rude and arrogant if you ask me...

if you were targeting me like that, as someone whose mother tongue is English, and assuming English is not your mother tongue, i would frankly tell you to eff off - so he's being much more polite than i would be :D

. . . in hindsight, i absolutely agree with you ~ yesterday would have been a golden opportunity to make the song a really special moment :)
I still think their set was beyond amazing and I cried tears of happiness through a good part of the show ~ so lucky to have been able to watch it in real time :yes: ~ and thought they nailed it from the get go ~ admittedly there were a few wobbles bit it was just class from go to whoa and their visible nerves were endearing if nothing else :)

Indeedy - one of the many many highlights!

I was so proud watching the boys,been nervous all week,didnt want them to fuck it up. But i knew as soon as the EBTTRT kicked in it was gonna be epic.

I like the song good enough, was pretty cool live
but it would be supercheese to play it at Glastonbury really
I'm happy they didn't

they could however have offered a recorded version as a free download or something

What the fuck? Where are you going to see U2 where the crowd doesn't know Stay or the versus to Bad? Don't see U2 there anymore.

It's really not surprising that the Glastonbury crowd knew these - they're two of U2's most famous songs? Why is that surprising?

Boots and MOS were absolutely the two clunkers of the night.

What the fuck? Where are you going to see U2 where the crowd doesn't know Stay or the versus to Bad? Don't see U2 there anymore.

It's really not surprising that the Glastonbury crowd knew these - they're two of U2's most famous songs? Why is that surprising?

Boots and MOS were absolutely the two clunkers of the night.

I don't think Stay is one of U2's most famous songs (although it should be). I agree with the rest of your post.

No theres quite a few people i see on here all the time, but your always on, and what i see is your always contradicting what everyone says. So instead of being a stuck up so and so, keep your thoughts to yourself and dont be a smart arse all your life. Correcting me on my grammar, say if i had dyslexia contributing to this forum and theres you correcting my grammar and spelling. My girlfriends dyslexic and she hates people being a smart arse and correcting her.

there's

you're

don't

girlfriend's

Is there dyslexia for not knowing when to use an apostrophe? If so, please accept my apology.

I don't think Stay is one of U2's most famous songs (although it should be). I agree with the rest of your post.

It was a single during their peak, it's on the 90s Best Of, they play it fairly regularly live. The Glasto crowd gave it a big cheer when Bono announced it, and they knew it well, the chorus being one of the better moments of the night. Anecdotally, I think it pops up surprisingly often when people who don't know U2 all that well name favourite U2 songs. You might be surprised? It might not be a 'hit', but it seems to be one that sticks with the people who have heard it.

It was a single during their peak, it's on the 90s Best Of, they play it fairly regularly live. The Glasto crowd gave it a big cheer when Bono announced it, and they knew it well, the chorus being one of the better moments of the night. Anecdotally, I think it pops up surprisingly often when people who don't know U2 all that well name favourite U2 songs. You might be surprised? It might not be a 'hit', but it seems to be one that sticks with the people who have heard it.
Yeah but I don't think it's as well known by most casuals as Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, Streets, WOWY, One, Beautiful Day, Vertigo.

there's

you're

don't

girlfriend's

Is there dyslexia for not knowing when to use an apostrophe? If so, please accept my apology.

I would advise you not to go there BoMac. He'll go completely mad at you for it. Because it's a free world an' all and it gives him every right to type like an idiot while I try my hardest to learn the language and type correctly.

I would advise you not to go there BoMac. He'll go completely mad at you for it. Because it's a free world an' all and it gives him every right to type like an idiot while I try my hardest to learn the language and type correctly.

You actually have the ignorance to call me an idiot, even though you know nothing about me.

she didn't call you an idiot, she said you typed like one.

it's a simile, not a direct insult.

She was actually referring me to be an idiot by saying i typed like an idiot. Also by the amount of times SHE FELT she had to correct me, when she didn't. There's no need for it.

Back
Top Bottom