Who ever thought losing three players and gaining one could be a good thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
My Green Bay Packers lost Antonio Freeman, Bill Schroeder, and Corey Bradford.

We gained Terry Glenn.

I believe that is a HUGE upgrade!

Well you have the toughest son-of-a-gun QB in the game right now, and debateably ever. I didn't say best, but damn near. Look, I'm a big Favre fan, so anytime he has a great target to hit things are gonna get real fun and real fast.

I look for the Pack to add to last years playoff run and get a bit farther. I love them even though I hated them the year they beat Dallas 44-21 (i think) and went on to the superbowl to play denver.

Look for dallas and oakland in the big game this year, my two fave teams.

Don't laugh, or i will come find YOU!

Yeah it's an upgrade if Glenn can keep his shit together.

me3

Schroeder was becoming worthless anyway! I expect the Pack to be in the playoffs again this year - not so sure about the purple though....

As for Dallas in the SuperBowl - NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!

I'm not sure this is a HUGE upgrade. Glenn is a very talented individual. Yet he is also a very screwed up individual. If he can keep his act together he will definitely add to GB's receiving corp. Yet I don't know if he can make up for losing their two starting WR by himself. And if he reverts back to the typical Gleen (which, at some point, I'm betting he will) it will be a major downgrade. The Pack doesn't need a cancer eating at them like Glenn did in NE.

As for the Cowboys, Zonelistner, they've certainly have chance in hell. It may be a snowball's chance. But it is a chance. Don't be too quick to write them off. Have you seen the new schedule? They could easily go 9-7. Those are playoff numbers in today's NFL.

Glenn is a very talented receiver, but I don't think he can be more of a factor than when Freeman was in his prime.

What you think of Chris Carter?

Will he end up as Miami 3th receiver?

I think he could even make a nice combo with Chris Chambers. and with Ricky Williams, and Norv Turner running the offense...

that is an upgrade!

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

[This message has been edited by rafmed (edited 03-29-2002).]

[This message has been edited by rafmed (edited 03-29-2002).]

Originally posted by Twist&TurnAway:
I'm not sure this is a HUGE upgrade. Glenn is a very talented individual. Yet he is also a very screwed up individual. If he can keep his act together he will definitely add to GB's receiving corp. Yet I don't know if he can make up for losing their two starting WR by himself. And if he reverts back to the typical Gleen (which, at some point, I'm betting he will) it will be a major downgrade. The Pack doesn't need a cancer eating at them like Glenn did in NE.

This will be a HUGE upgrade.

Freeman and Schroeder were more of a liability to the Packers last year. I could probably run faster than Freeman. Schroeder never ran the right routes.

As far as Terry Glenn's past problems, I've got to words for ya: Andre Rison!

It's all about being in a situation you're comfortable with. And Glenn is a very happy man being in Green Bay. Look for him to shut the critics up this year.

Originally posted by rafmed:
What you think of Chris Carter?

Will he end up as Miami 3th receiver?

I think he could even make a nice combo with Chris Chambers. and with Ricky Williams, and Norv Turner running the offense...

that is an upgrade!

I think whatever helps is excellent! I agree, I think Miami would be quite the force to reckon with.

mikal...as a Pats fan, all I have to say to the fans of Green Bay about their acquisition of Mr. Glenn:
HA HA HA HA HA HA SUCKERS!
Enjoy the madness, thanks for the 4th round pick, can favre catch his own passes? Cause Terry won't be suiting up.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Actually, Favre's first NFL pass was caught by..................Brett Favre. Yes, it got deflected by a lineman, and bounced back to Favre.

Thanks for the kind words Hewson. I heard the same words from Atlanta and Cleveland fans when the Packers picked up Andre Rison, and wait, the Packers won the Super Bowl that year, didn't they?

Rison and Glenn are very different cases (Glenn's rapper girlfriend never torched his mansion
smile.gif
)...Glenn could have earned his multimillion dollar bonus just by reporting to practice, was given 3 weeks to do so, was not injured, but didn't show. When you look up headcase in the dictionary, well Carl Everett's picture is there, but "Terry Glenn" is listed as an alternate definition.
Trust me, in Green Bay, you haven't heard 10% of Terry's saga...you'll learn fast come July.

Are we talking about Ander Rison or Teryy Glenn?

That Rison had made it good, is no proof Glenn will do it.

And if that is the reason why the Pack is improved, well, that is a loooooong shot.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Originally posted by rafmed:
Are we talking about Ander Rison or Teryy Glenn?

That Rison had made it good, is no proof Glenn will do it.

And if that is the reason why the Pack is improved, well, that is a loooooong shot.

Blah, blah, blah!

I guess we'll have to wait for the season for me to celebrate.

Originally posted by mikal:
Actually, Favre's first NFL pass was caught by..................Brett Favre. Yes, it got deflected by a lineman, and bounced back to Favre.

Brad Johnson scored a touchdown like this! So Favre could do it. He threw the ball, it hit off of a defensive lineman's hand, came back to Johnson, and he ran it in for the touchdown.

I remember Steve Young doing something similar.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom