Where's the damned new U2 album? Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that this is the worst new album thread ever in the history of Interference.

Or maybe I've just forgotten just how bad it can get :lol:

At least the 100+ posts in this thread are transparently nonsense and not trying to be anything else. Beats 50 pages of clueless people arguing back and forth about what a troll clearly invented.

Besides, leak puns were the nadir of this particular subforum.

At least the 100+ posts in this thread are transparently nonsense and not trying to be anything else. Beats 50 pages of clueless people arguing back and forth about what a troll clearly invented.

Besides, leak puns were the nadir of this particular subforum.

Right? I think these last few pages following the Bono bicycle picture are some of the best moments of not only this thread, but the last couple of threads.

Right? I think these last few pages following the Bono bicycle picture are some of the best moments of not only this thread, but the last couple of threads.

Well, I don't know about that but I am just cool with people having fun in a vacuum of boredom. What I mind is when there is a good conversation taking place and it's being railroaded by nonsense from the people that don't like the conversation taking place. For example - when there are debates about U2 and Radiohead, comparatively. Which usually tend to drift negative towards U2. And thus it offends some people. But there is no substantiative conversation taking place right here, so who cares?

Here's a helpful little hint to everyone - if there is actual new news - something real and substantive - it's going to get its own thread...or three. Always does.

The new album will be U2's take on David Byrne's "Bicycle Diaries" with an accompanying road movie directed by Anton Corbijn that will not only feature Bono on his bike but the whole band dressed up as women in a cheap brothel and Bono's daughter Eve as a waitress in a fast food restaurant, as well as Sean Penn with a mini cameo as an old punk that has been forgotten on a gas station toilet by his wife. The movie will also feature a new version of "Winter" that has been renamed "Butter on Toast" and it will be played during a long and elegiac breakfast scene with slow motion close ups of Bono eating somewhere in a desolate village at the end of the world. I'd say this groundbreaking movie will finally give him fair chances to win an Oscar :up:

I don't mind waiting longer if the album is good.

Part of the problem with "Pop" wasn't the songs but the rushed production to get it into stores.
Remember them selling tickets 1 year before the actual show I was to attend.

NLOTH was certainly worth the almost 5 year wait. So I am hoping this one will be too.

And the thread title has been adjusted. We dont enforce any rules about swearing but not everyone likes it or wants to see certain words in thread titles.

Jesus Fucking Christ, we're letting oversensitive bible-thumpers censor us now?

It's 2013. Come on.

Jesus Fucking Christ, we're letting oversensitive bible-thumpers censor us now?

It's 2013. Come on.

Every time I or a mod post something you have something offensive/shitty/dickish to say. I'm kinda over it. Maybe you need a time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom