Where the streets have no name (has it aged at all?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
I was watching the video of the New Years Eve show and the power the song has always surprised me......honestly if I was to recommend the song that really makes the band show live was always Where The Streets Have No Name. But I did notice something During the Joshua Tree Tour all the way up till Zoo TV it sounded the same but PopMart onward it seemed like they may have taken it down a notch.........

Whats the verdict there?

I sorta agree there. I've only seen Streets live on the Slane DVD, and I must say I prefered the album version because it wasn't as exciting. That's not to say it wasn't good, but not as exciting I thought.

I haven't seen around in these parts!

i disagree. i think the slane version of streets was magical. the way it was set up right after all i want is u really brought out the song. it was almost as good as the elevation version of streets.

Streets is IMO dropping a bit each tour. But it's so great that it won't sound bad at all! It's a magic song!

I love Lovetown performances but I think that in Zoo TV it was the zenith. But of course it's still fantastic on Vertigo Tour, its the song that I want the most to see Sunday :hyper:

I would say that it is the weakest its been on this tour, but i wouldnt say its aged. I remember when I saw elevation that i was completely blown away, it was by far the highlight of the show for me. I think ZooTV streets is overrated, the transition from RTSS is beautiful, but the song itself isnt the best version. My personal favorite is Popmart streets, with the little synthesizers in the background, and sometimes extended endings :drool: :drool:

Joshua87 said:
I would say that it is the weakest its been on this tour, but i wouldnt say its aged. I remember when I saw elevation that i was completely blown away, it was by far the highlight of the show for me. I think ZooTV streets is overrated, the transition from RTSS is beautiful, but the song itself isnt the best version. My personal favorite is Popmart streets, with the little synthesizers in the background, and sometimes extended endings :drool: :drool:

I kinda agree..the transition from Running to Streets was amazing but i think thats the only reason ZooTV Streets was ranked so highly..all the Dublin Lovetown Streets Performances i think have to be the best, them and Popmart Streets I think make up the best Streets performances there have ever been....

Saying that Streets will always be a magical song really no matter how often it gets played or however they play it..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom