Where is the video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same as ever. Nothing to say, nothing to add before someone who shares a different/negative opinion. Only pure bully bitching and detracting.

You automatically jumping on me and automatically defending that constant stream of bilious nonsense is just as bad as me automatically deriding it.

The poster in question is so frustrating, because occasionally they have something interesting to say or add, but more than half the time it is end of the world hyperbole about how it is "THE WORST MOMENT IN U2 VIDEO HISTORY" or "THE EDGE HAS LOST IT, HE CAN'T PLAY GUITAR LIKE HE USED TO" or "THAT IS THE WORST SOLO IN HISTORY".

I find it more than a little bit tickling that the guy that berates The Edge for uninspired, repetitive, plagiaristic and boring guitar work SAYS THE SAME FUCKING THING AD INFINITUM.

Surprised it took you this long to show up and defend him/her. The self-appointed martyr that can see reason that no-one else can.

Compeletely different story.

Even if you consider Gone from Boston Elevation, it has very different meaning, that was the real anger from screwed up performance, it had its sense.

Smashing guitar in Miracle video is just a plain stupid gesture. Dumb teenage attitude. Moreover in contradiction with what thy have been saying about their idea of rocknroll for their entire career.

It's a homage, that I'm guessing you don't get...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I want to say that the worst opener in U2 history deserves a half assed video like this one, but even bland songs like Crazy Tonight and Window in the Skies received far superior treatment than this.

If the lead single absolutely HAD to be a rocker (it didn't), Volcano would have been a much better choice. Hell, I've heard it on Sunday Night Football already because it's such a naturally fun track to play between commercials. I'm not sure what purpose The Miracle serves from a commercial perspective.

You automatically jumping on me and automatically defending that constant stream of bilious nonsense is just as bad as me automatically deriding it.

The poster in question is so frustrating, because occasionally they have something interesting to say or add, but more than half the time it is end of the world hyperbole about how it is "THE WORST MOMENT IN U2 VIDEO HISTORY" or "THE EDGE HAS LOST IT, HE CAN'T PLAY GUITAR LIKE HE USED TO" or "THAT IS THE WORST SOLO IN HISTORY".

I find it more than a little bit tickling that the guy that berates The Edge for uninspired, repetitive, plagiaristic and boring guitar work SAYS THE SAME FUCKING THING AD INFINITUM.

Surprised it took you this long to show up and defend him/her. The self-appointed martyr that can see reason that no-one else can.

Are you related to U2girl?

I get that it's an homage to punk or whatever, but smashing a guitar is still just SUCH a cliche in 2014, no matter how you look at it.

I haven't watched the video yet, because I wasn't all that enamored of the Apple spot. The guitar smashing, Bono thrusting himself towards the camera with his mouth wide open like he's screaming ... :yawn:

I like the album a lot, not a huge fan of the song, but I wish they'd done something different.

On the other hand, I think it's fairly clearly an homage to their original Apple iTunes ad (which was awesome, because it seemed fresh and new), so I can understand going that route.

I just don't feel a driving need to watch the full video. My fan feelings are melting. MELLLLLLLLLLLTING! OHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT A WORRRRRRLD!

Guys, they don't smash their guitars to pay homage to the Ramones/ clash as I thought was common knowledge.

They did it to pay homage to Pearl Jam(perhaps this "smashing of guitars" phenomenon is more common than we think?????)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qM6_43bENO8

Dave Grohl Smashing Guitar Foo Fighters Indianapolis 7/23 - YouTube

As you can see here too, the crowd started booing to the cliched violence that was present and the fact that a Grohl was not a teenager at the time. :D

Has any band or artist ever received this much backlash in their careers as these guys? I mean, in 2003 the Dixie Chicks were pretty much getting killed, but they turned out okay afterall. U2 though has made a career out of being bashed, hated, ignored, then loved all over again, rinse and repeat. It's just crazy...

Some of the haters hate them because:

they are successfull
they are too big
they make terrible music
they make too much music
they dont make enough music
they make terrible videos
they dont make enough videos
they smash guitars
they dont smash enough guitars
they try to help sick people in Africa
they are too rich
they don't pay enough taxes, greedy bastards!
they tried to give me this POS album for free, greedy bastards!

this list goes on and on....

must be fun being a HATER!

I get that it's an homage to punk or whatever, but smashing a guitar is still just SUCH a cliche in 2014, no matter how you look at it.

I haven't watched the video yet, because I wasn't all that enamored of the Apple spot. The guitar smashing, Bono thrusting himself towards the camera with his mouth wide open like he's screaming ... :yawn:

I like the album a lot, not a huge fan of the song, but I wish they'd done something different.

On the other hand, I think it's fairly clearly an homage to their original Apple iTunes ad (which was awesome, because it seemed fresh and new), so I can understand going that route.

I just don't feel a driving need to watch the full video. My fan feelings are melting. MELLLLLLLLLLLTING! OHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT A WORRRRRRLD!

how do you wish they'd done something different if you haven't actually seen it yet? :D

Because I understand it's basically an extended clip of the Apple commercial. I don't think I'm going to be surprised when I eventually get around to seeing it.

You have never been a teenager or you've never seen one.

jeesus my teenagers (musicians) would KILL me if i so much as got fingerprints on their instruments, never mind smashing them up themselves :lol:

eta: they are in a punk/rapcore/metal fusion band, pretty alternative/angry/shouty, but god, NO-ONE touches their gear haha

Has any band or artist ever received this much backlash in their careers as these guys? I mean, in 2003 the Dixie Chicks were pretty much getting killed, but they turned out okay afterall. U2 though has made a career out of being bashed, hated, ignored, then loved all over again, rinse and repeat. It's just crazy...

Some of the haters hate them because:

they are successfull
they are too big
they make terrible music
they make too much music
they dont make enough music
they make terrible videos
they dont make enough videos
they smash guitars
they dont smash enough guitars
they try to help sick people in Africa
they are too rich
they don't pay enough taxes, greedy bastards!
they tried to give me this POS album for free, greedy bastards!

this list goes on and on....

must be fun being a HATER!

Gawd, U2 sux...:shifty:

Finally watched it. Gotta say I think it is a pretty decent idea. Don't know if they managed to avoid equating themselves to the Ramones as opposed to paying homage to them. But still, I like the concept. Song that is buried in nostalgia has that shaky VHS quality. And smashing the guitar wasn't as clunky as I thought it would be.

it shocks me to the core seeing that guitar getting smashed by The Edge lmfao, but i think it works really well in the context! the colours and the way the video is put together are gorgeous too :up:

I like the old VHS tape effects, but could do without Edge doing jump kicks in front of numbers?

Interesting to see Edge jumping around so much and smashing a guitar...almost outdoes Bono in this one in the rock star antics.

Love the black and white bit of the video. As a performance video, much better than Vertigo or Boots.

Because I understand it's basically an extended clip of the Apple commercial. I don't think I'm going to be surprised when I eventually get around to seeing it.

Give it a watch, it's very similar to the Apple commercial but it's better.

I like, I'm not expecting to see Citizen Kane, it's a good video when compared to their videos.

Because you (not only you...) are always immediately there, ready to say nothing relevant about those who post negative or disillusioned comments. It feels like that kind of people that can't stand the contradictory but then they have nothing to reply.
I like this forum a lot, that's why I keep on coming here, but that's the most annoying thing here.

Give it a watch, it's very similar to the Apple commercial but it's better.

I like, I'm not expecting to see Citizen Kane, it's a good video when compared to their videos.

I'll catch it eventually. Hey, it has to be better than the Boots video. ;)

Back
Top Bottom