Where is the video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmm.....I'm pretty sure they are smashing their guitars not to reflect themselves but more to mimic/ pay tribute to the Ramones and Clash as this song is in honor of their influences (mainly the Ramones clearly).

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Your logic and reason are not welcome here

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

But anyway. U2 has always been a band that defied restrictions. The first time I heard U2 I thought they were an "older band" but that was because my first exposure to them was Rattle and Hum. I wouldn't be surprised if Songs of Experience is a more "mature" sounding album.

But anyway. U2 has always been a band that defied restrictions. The first time I heard U2 I thought they were an "older band" but that was because my first exposure to them was Rattle and Hum. I wouldn't be surprised if Songs of Experience is a more "mature" sounding album.

I'm hoping for that as well.

i love the video :up:

that poor guitar though omg!!

Finally watched it. Gotta say I think it is a pretty decent idea. Don't know if they managed to avoid equating themselves to the Ramones as opposed to paying homage to them. But still, I like the concept. Song that is buried in nostalgia has that shaky VHS quality. And smashing the guitar wasn't as clunky as I thought it would be.

It's fine. They look good.

And I bet Larry wasn't asked twice to kick that cymbal over.

It's fine. They look good.

And I bet Larry wasn't asked twice to kick that cymbal over.

Did you notice 'Take No 192' on the bottom left of the video? It only appeared in the scene where Larry kick's the cymbal over.

The video is cool, nice colours, great effort by the band, it´s always nice to see them perform.

BUT
THE END EDGE SMASHING HIS GUITAR - THE WORST MOMENT IN U2 VIDEO HISTORY.
So miserable and unnecceasry. They basically denied all they´ve been against - rocknroll like a cliche, singing about how is everything fucked up, enjoy some fun and violence on stage, smashing the instruments and go back home to their miserable life.

Atrocious.

Prooves Edge is out of his mind not only with his 70´s rip off guitar playing. And we complain about Larry...

The video is cool, nice colours, great effort by the band, it´s always nice to see them perform.

BUT
So miserable and unnecceasry. They basically denied all they´ve been against - rocknroll like a cliche, singing about how is everything fucked up, enjoy some fun and violence on stage, smashing the instruments and go back home to their miserable life.

Atrocious.

Prooves Edge is out of his mind not only with his 70´s rip off guitar playing. And we complain about Larry...

Blah blah blah

BUT

Atrocious.

I'm guessing you never saw Edge slip on nachos or dress up like the Village People or Kiss?

Hmmmm.....I'm pretty sure they are smashing their guitars not to reflect themselves but more to mimic/ pay tribute to the Ramones and Clash as this song is in honor of their influences (mainly the Ramones clearly).

Thanks for beating me to it.

And its ridiculous. Rarely do you see it done and think "damn, that's awesome".

I seem to remember a certain Nirvana Grammy's performance from 1992 or 1993 that was pretty fucking awesome. But I was a teenager then.

I'm guessing you never saw Edge slip on nachos or dress up like the Village People or Kiss?

Compeletely different story.

Even if you consider Gone from Boston Elevation, it has very different meaning, that was the real anger from screwed up performance, it had its sense.

Smashing guitar in Miracle video is just a plain stupid gesture. Dumb teenage attitude. Moreover in contradiction with what thy have been saying about their idea of rocknroll for their entire career.

I think edge is the star of this video though. He seems more happy and playful than ever, and he's rocking the 70s retro thing with the skinny rolled up jeans. The hyperbole about the guitar smash on here is beyond ludicrous. It's just childish whinging.

Compeletely different story.

Even if you consider Gone from Boston Elevation, it has very different meaning, that was the real anger from screwed up performance, it had its sense.

Smashing guitar in Miracle video is just a plain stupid gesture. Dumb teenage attitude. Moreover in contradiction with what thy have been saying about their idea of rocknroll for their entire career.

I missed the memo that U2s entire career was based around not smashing guitars. I don't want to be a fan anymore.

Edge's guitar smashing in the Miracle vid is a Gone from Boston Elevation rewrite.

:lol:

ERMAHGERD DA ERDG SMAHSHERD HERS GERTER!!11?! ER2 HERV SERLD ERT! DA ERDG CERNT ERVERN PLER SERLERS ERNERMAHR. THERS ERS DA WERST THIN ERVER. :yawn:

Look...I have an avatar of the Edge smashing his guitar! It must be him because it's the same pose, right?

If it's not him, why would he do the exact same thing in this video about hearing punk rock for the first time?

This might be a perfect time to insert a "re-write" joke for those of you that like those!

Back
Top Bottom