Where does Bono sound the most beautiful?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keocmb

Refugee
This may be posted in the wrong place, so forgive me.

In my opinion, Bono's voice sounds absolutely incredible in the studio recording of "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." It's so melodic and seems to be right at his pitch. Not to mention the yells at the end. :drool:

What about you guys? Where does he sound yummy for you?

Hmmm...

I think "With Or Without You", he definitely sounds good on...I just really like how quiet his voice sounds at the beginning of that song.

That or "MLK". Very soothing voice during that song...very relaxing. That's the kind of voice I like to hear as I fall asleep.

Angela

I LOVE when he reads poetry :drool:

Velvet Dress Jools Holland version
IALW
MLK
North And South Of The River
Love Is Blindness
When The Stars Go Blue-sorry, I just love his voice in that

Lets me think here...Bono sound the most beautiful on...

Ground Beneath Her Feet
Bad
With or Without You
Still Havent Found What Im Looking For (Rattle and Hum Version)
VElvet Dress (Jools Holland Version)

there is a lot more, but those just came to my mind.

Slug and Your Blue Room - both are rather *hypnotic*
Promenade - amazing vocals and lyrics, period
If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Jools Holland) - no need to explain
Summer Wine - mmm, yes, the "lowness"
Heartland - can't really explain, just a great song

kellyahern said:
Summer Wine :drool:

If you were that velvet dress (holland version) :drool: :drool:

and when he hits the high notes in Stay :love:

Also, there's a version of That's Life that he sings on "The Good Theif" soundtrack. I don't have that cd though :(

OMG (((Slapping herself))) HOw an I forget STAY??? Thats one of my favs.. yes that high note.. woooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo ok, getting to excited here. lol.:yes: :yes: :sexywink: :heart: :dance:

u2philly said:
OMG (((Slapping herself))) HOw an I forget STAY??? Thats one of my favs.. yes that high note.. woooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo ok, getting to excited here. lol.:yes: :yes: :sexywink: :heart: :dance:

The part I like in "Stay" with Bono's voice is the part where he sings, "Stay with the demons you drowned, stay with the spirit I've found, stay, and the night would be enough"...I love the way he sings those lines.

One of my absolute favorite songs of theirs.

Angela

Your Blue Room :drool:
If You Wear That Velvet Dress (both versions)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

They're the first ones that spring to mind :)

This is a difficult choice, as he always sounds good.

IMHO:
His sexiest singing is Hawkmoon 269.
His most emotional singing is Kite.
His best "righteous anger" singing is the Rattle & Hum version of Sunday Bloody Sunday. ("F*** the Revolution!")

Other excellent vocals are Red Hill Mining Town, Stay, All I Want Is You, Gone and One. :)

Sherry Darling said:
Ladies!! No Running to Stand Still? A shimmer golden alchemy of technical perfection and raw pain.

:bono: :bow:

sd

oh stop there are so many!! hee heee.. becomes confusing. Now i must put all the songs on and have one big Bono night!

Sue DeNym said:
IMHO:
His sexiest singing is Hawkmoon 269.
His most emotional singing is Kite.
His best "righteous anger" singing is the Rattle & Hum version of Sunday Bloody Sunday. ("F*** the Revolution!")

:yes:.

Agree wholeheartedly with these picks (god, I forgot about his voice on "Hawkmoon 269"...yeah, he does sound good there).

Another song to add: "If God Will Send His Angels". I really like how he sounds on that one...the way he sings it...it kinda makes me empathize with him on what he's singing about or something.

Angela

I love Bono's voice in all the songs, but I'm partial to Hawkmoon 269 and his voice sounds so sexy in Ultra Violet... especially when he says "Alright now". :drool:

Oh, and definitely Summer Wine... dear GAWD!

Back
Top Bottom