What's a better closer for a show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bad's much more up tempo

40's a better sing along

So i'll have to say vertigo (x2)

i like vertigo x2 to end the show, but bad is better.

like i've said, i rank them bad > vertigo > 40. i've seen all three close shows multiple times, and i can safely say that.

Bad has been the best so far, 40 is right there with it though.

Out of Control would be the best closer, though.

I was at NJ 2 for this tour and they closed w/ Bad. It was unfreakingbelievable. I think it would be tough to top that. With that being said, I've never been to a U2 show where they finish w/ 40.

All things being equal, I think 40 is the better closer....of course if Bad was elsewhere in the set.

Walk On. The lyrics make it a great fit.

To me, 40 is too much of a downer to end the show with. Better used as a transitional piece.

Bad into 40.... I mean, how come we never thought of this genius before it was played?

At the Astoria in 2001, they played a monster version of Bad that went on for AGES, Bono got into the crowd and we all held him up (I had his right knee I think)..

They left the stage so we all started singing 40, and then they came back on and played it.

It was awesome, I didn't think the crowd singing at the very end was ever going to stop.

Until the End of the World
Beautiful Day
Elevation/Stepping Stone (Monkees Cover)
Stuck in a Moment
Gone
Discotheque
Staring at the Sun
New York
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
I Will Follow
Desire
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Mysterious Ways
One
Unchained Melody (segues directly in from One)
All I Want is You
Bad (Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy for the Devil)
"40" Sung by Crowd - U2 has left the stage.
U2 return to stage to play "40"

Bad, hands down.

Its funny though, before this tour I would have probebly said Bad would be a "bad" :laugh: closer. But it works VERY well. I was excited about 40 during rehearsals but I think it was because of nostalgia more than anything. I think 40 is a good closer (as it was on the JT, Unf. Fire and War tours.) But I dont think it works as well on this tour. It just doesnt seem to fit the show for me for some reason. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom