What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be pretty mad too.....if I could afford thousands of dollars to travel to an incredible city...all to watch a legendary band play just a few feet away from me on the opening night of their tour :doh:

I just HATE the VIP GA concept.
It takes away everything about what GA is supposed to be.

At the idea of the Red Zones being against the rail.
That's a VIP GA.
The maps all showed all the floor being GA, except 2 spots for Red Zone
Now they have ALL the catwalk?
:angry:

You're mad at an idea.

Again: keep your pants on, sweetie. People are making assumptions about stuff no one knows for sure.

That's a VIP GA.

We can't see the other side. As people have pointed out, it may only be on one side of the catwalk.

That's a VIP GA.

I dont get your point? Even on the ticketmaster floor maps most of the stage's rails were for the GA section

I can't get past that some people have an idealised view of GA, like it is some sort of moralistic communist utopia. Once we hit the floor, everyone is equal, brother. They paid more, the money went to charity, deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I just HATE the VIP GA concept.
It takes away everything about what GA is supposed to be.

Sorry but I'm not following. So you want the RZ to be the two areas by the 'e' stage? If I was RZ I'd rather have those center floor rail spots.

As for 'VIP GA', isn't that exactly what RZ is?

I think he's making the assumption that the only "rail spots" will be along the catwalk, and will all be for Red Zone.

People only hate the VIP GA concept because they want to obtain as much value as possible. The something for nothing (or as little as possible) crowd. "I want rail, though I paid the same as old mate who is miles away behind some 7 foot behemoth and can't see shit." Please.

Well, it sucks to think that I'm flying across the world to see some richer (I HAVE to have money to go, obviously) douchebag taking crap photos all the time and giving a rats ass about the show in front of me...

Rock and roll my ass.

Ever since U2's Vertigo Tour the VIP GA concept started here, asking ridiculous amounts of money and I've seen shows where they just don't give a crap. You just see a sea of photo cameras and lights, and no one moving, not jumping, no nothing.
There have been a few concerts where the VIP area is amazing, but like 5% of what I've seen ever.

People only hate the VIP GA concept because they want to obtain as much value as possible. The something for nothing (or as little as possible) crowd. "I want rail, though I paid the same as old mate who is miles away behind some 7 foot behemoth and can't see shit." Please.

Agreed, all
I know is I am going to a concert and bought a concert ticket, i don't buy a ticket to be front rail or whatever, I bought a GA ticket nothing more

I can't get past that some people have an idealised view of GA, like it is some sort of moralistic communist utopia. Once we hit the floor, everyone is equal, brother. They paid more, the money went to charity, deal with it.

That specific viewpoint comes directly from Bono in past interviews.

Plus the reason cited why they went for GA was it energized the band. Will that really occur with RZers? Bono flipped out on one of the Australian Popmart shows(Perth?) when sections nearest the stage were sold to the rich friends of the promoter and sucked the energy out of the room.

There were loads of actual fans in the red zones last time, not sure why you think it's just going to be a bunch of rich people who don't care. (And let's be real - it's not like RZ is going to be the only place where fools spend too much time dinking with their phones/cameras.)

And again: WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ACTUAL RZ/GA SETUP IS.

ARGH.

SHEESH.

Plus the reason cited why they went for GA was it energized the band. Will that really occur with RZers? Bono flipped out on one of the Australian Popmart shows(Perth?) when sections nearest the stage were sold to the rich friends of the promoter and sucked the energy out of the room.

Well you have inside track what do you think it will be like?

Wait, I don't understand why people are saying Pepokiss is making assumptions and jumping to conclusions. Don't the pictures clearly show that the entire first row alongside the catwalk is Red Zone? The only question is whether it's on both sides of the catwalk.

11182161_793382110775684_4667998530088372990_n.jpg

11150911_793382234109005_1118296001089443532_n.jpg

What gets me is I highly doubt RZers should be closest to the stage if the goal is energizing the band.

Yeah, if they have only RZers closest to the band, that's an absolutely terrible idea (because of what you said about energizing the band). I'm pretty sure the band isn't that stupid.

I will definitely pay for red zone if it gets me on the rail. I think it is different if they sell directly to fans than if it is a shady back room deal with the promoter. They assume (mostly correctly) that rz tickets will be bought predominantly by fans.

Where in that picture are you seeing anything indicating RZ location, though?

And people are making assumptions that it's just going to be a bunch of rich fools there. Why are people getting that impression? Last time around, I thought there were loads of fans in RZ.

That's what I don't get. If I have RZ for Vancouver and see that pic I'm flipping out with excitement. (and I have done RZ before)

Instead of being back by the b-stage you might have the potential to be be rail by either stage.

Wait, I don't understand why people are saying Pepokiss is making assumptions and jumping to conclusions. Don't the pictures clearly show that the entire first row alongside the catwalk is Red Zone? The only question is whether it's on both sides of the catwalk.

11150911_793382234109005_1118296001089443532_n.jpg

Yeah, if they have only RZers closest to the band, that's an absolutely terrible idea (because of what you said about energizing the band). I'm pretty sure the band isn't that stupid.

Looks like one row along the catwalk. They will be predominantly on the stages, where the rails are normal GA by the look of it.

It's not different than the $1,500 front row tickets to scalpers/connected people on the JT Arena/Zoo/Popmart tours.

Yeah, that's been the same for every U2 tour since 1987. You'll get a bunch of casual fans who have money to throw around. :shrug:

And people are making assumptions that it's just going to be a bunch of rich fools there. Why are people getting that impression? Last time around, I thought there were loads of fans in RZ.

Check the concrete floor about 10 feet in front of the walkway. The red line....I didn't see it at first either.

One of the pics has a big red line along the whole of the catwalk with REDZONE

There were loads of actual fans in the red zones last time, not sure why you think it's just going to be a bunch of rich people who don't care.

Maybe, for the first 2 shows, which will be loaded from fans all over the world.

And I KNOW that when I buy GA I don't buy the rail. But everyone has the chance, and that's the important part of it. It's almost democratic.
If someone beats me to it, well, he beat me.

I just hate the concept that if you don't have the money, you suck, you don't have the chance. You have the TIME (Valuable time) to line up, but not the money; sorry, you're out.
It just sucks.

If you don't want to waste time or energy because you just want to SEE the show, buy a seat. The GA is more energetic and it should be for people that are willing to do the hassle...

That's MY point of view.
That's why I respect Pearl Jam that much because they don't do that. Neither Iron Maiden. Sprinsgteen too.

I hope this changes, or that I'm just making assumptions.

Red line = RZ? ... I dunno, I think that's still making some assumptions. (Edit: someone sees the word "Red Zone," so okay. My eyes aren't that good, I guess.)

IF that is the case, it's a damn shame they didn't have that more clearly on the Ticketmaster sites, but it sounds like they might have not actually known at that point.

But again, I still don't know why people are worried that it's just going to be rich VIP chumps and not actual fans in RZ.

And also, if it's just one side, then not such a big deal.

Notice the scoreboard(says "giants" on the side) was completely removed and tucked in the side Zamboni tunnel.

Coliseum has a lower ceiling that modern arenas and I highly doubt some venue would let u2 touch their $5-10mil scoreboards.

I just hate the concept that if you don't have the money, you suck, you don't have the chance. You have the TIME (Valuable time) to line up, but not the money; sorry, you're out.

That is a bit of an exaggeration, pepo.

And hey, maybe this is their way of dealing with the line issues, seeing the same people on the rail every night.

*runs away from the can of worms I just opened*

That is a bit of an exaggeration, pepo.

And hey, maybe this is their way of dealing with the line issues, seeing the same people on the rail every night.

*runs away from the can of worms I just opened*

Maybe the sit-down protest in the Red Zone can just happen opening night so we get it over with.

Back
Top Bottom