What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it sucks to think that I'm flying across the world to see some richer (I HAVE to have money to go, obviously) douchebag taking crap photos all the time and giving a rats ass about the show in front of me...

Rock and roll my ass.

Ever since U2's Vertigo Tour the VIP GA concept started here, asking ridiculous amounts of money and I've seen shows where they just don't give a crap. You just see a sea of photo cameras and lights, and no one moving, not jumping, no nothing.
There have been a few concerts where the VIP area is amazing, but like 5% of what I've seen ever.

You know, it's posts like this that irritate me. I have had $30 seats for three 360 shows and have a set of level 2 seats for Chicago 1 and level 3 seats for Chicago 2. You want to talk about "casual fans"? Let's discuss the people who are up in those seats just to see the "hits" and give my husband and son and I dirty looks for standing up and cheering right along with the GA crowd. But for us, it's the $30 nosebleeds or nothing, because it's hard enough to afford those (along with travel time, missing work, etc). We don't have the luxury of following the band from show to show, or doing 24+ hours in a GA line. We are fucking grateful to even be in the building. And we cheer, scream, cry, and dance just as much as any rail-hugging megafan does in the GA. The concert experience is what YOU make it. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

You both:
A) missed the bit where I said that I didn't necessarily believe what I was saying fully. There is just some stuff in it to consider, and
B) missed the point entirely. Raise a counter argument by fixating on a detail and don't engage with the substance. And be the loudest. A sure fire way to win an argument.

The point is that for time immemorial it has been those with the time to spend getting the advantage. That is something you have been happy with, because it has suited you. Now by the looks, about 50% of the rail (and possibly 25% if it is only one side) is going to be for those with money, rather than time. All I am saying is that if 50% of the rail goes to people with money, rather than time AND that money goes to charity, well I have nothing to complain about, nor does any reasonable person.

Bono said in article that if the album being on people's iTunes was the worst thing, their lives were pretty wonderful.

Those complaining about the GA - our lives are pretty wonderful. Let the people who are helping those with less wonderful lives have a spot on the rail. Just save 50% of the rail for them. How on earth is that not 'fair'?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
It's you who is missing the point because it suits you're agenda. I personally do have the money for red zone but it's not what I want when it comes to a U2 show. I chose GA for a reason and I chose it based on the information we had. The information we had did NOT show the possibility of the RZ taking up the entire front rail. If this ends up being the case those who I bought zgA have been totally deceived. If I saw this set up at the time of purchasing my tickets I'd have bought the much more expensive lower bowl tickets in the centre of the arena. For me it's about honesty. The people who bought GA tickets were not sold what we're seeing now. You cannot deny that. You have no argument that makes it so those who are upset by this are being unreasonable. People have every right to be upset about it.

Now let's wait and see how it actually plays out.

It doesn't care if I'm from out of town, from another country, another galaxy or if I live around the corner

The thing is:

We bought GA (something that "may" get you either rail or the back, but that it's up to you)
We didn't bought "behind Red Zones"

Hang on a GA ticket does not guarantee anyone front stage or whatever? Wow

You know, it's posts like this that irritate me. I have had $30 seats for three 360 shows and have a set of level 2 seats for Chicago 1 and level 3 seats for Chicago 2. You want to talk about "casual fans"? Let's discuss the people who are up in those seats just to see the "hits" and give my husband and son and I dirty looks for standing up and cheering right along with the GA crowd. But for us, it's the $30 nosebleeds or nothing, because it's hard enough to afford those (along with travel time, missing work, etc). We don't have the luxury of following the band from show to show, or doing 24+ hours in a GA line. We are fucking grateful to even be in the building. And we cheer, scream, cry, and dance just as much as any rail-hugging megafan does in the GA. The concert experience is what YOU make it. Enjoy it.

:applaud:

It's you who is missing the point because it suits you're agenda. I personally do have the money for red zone but it's not what I want when it comes to a U2 show. I chose GA for a reason and I chose it based on the information we had. The information we had did NOT show the possibility of the RZ taking up the entire front rail. If this ends up being the case those who I bought zgA have been totally deceived. If I saw this set up at the time of purchasing my tickets I'd have bought the much more expensive lower bowl tickets in the centre of the arena. For me it's about honesty. The people who bought GA tickets were not sold what we're seeing now. You cannot deny that. You have no argument that makes it so those who are upset by this are being unreasonable. People have every right to be upset about it.

How about the argument I made that if that is the most of your worries, your life is pretty wonderful? As I said earlier, I'd give anything to get to a show on this tour, but I can't afford it. Be grateful that you can, be grateful that you will be one person deep, if you choose the centre, or on the rail of the main stage. Because seriously, if you are that concerned, you WILL be on the rail of the main stage.

How can you say I am exaggerating? It depends entirely on the city/country you are in. I was GA for Sydney 1 in 2006, arrived 12 hours before gates opened, and I was 300 deep in one of the two GA lines. I was seats for the next night, and walking out I noticed the line was longer already than when I arrived at 5am that morning.

You talk about people just wanting to bitch yet here you are bitching at others. Seriously dude STFU. I painted it very clearly for you why this upsets people and rightfully so. If looking at the seating chart you thought yes I can get GA and potentially pick my spot on the floor and those who chose to buy RZ tickets did so seeing where they were positioned on the seating chart and now it's apparently not that at all how can you sit there and not see why people would be upset about it? All you're doing right now is being a righteous asshole. Seriously.

And if that isn't enough for you, I would take them to some sort of fair trading arbitrator. Do that.

GA is such a luck of the draw anyway. During the '09 leg of 360 I stood in identical spots in the inner circle near the rail (3 people back?) and I arrived at 5pm, 5am, and 10am in Phoenix, Vegas and LA.

Anaheim night 1 I lined up at 6am and the other "Adam" line was let in first and all the spots were taken when our "edge" line was finally let in. I ended up close to the rail anyway.

Anaheim night 2 I showed up at noon and again, had the same spot as the previous night, which was a great spot!

Point being I'm agreeing with those that are saying it's not the worst thing in the world IF this redzone line is accurate. There's no guarantee you would've grabbed that spot anyway.

Like Cori keeps saying, it could all be wrong and people got rage-y for nothing. There are other things that can contribute to a "shitty" GA spot.

You talk about people just wanting to bitch yet here you are bitching at others. Seriously dude STFU. I painted it very clearly for you why this upsets people and rightfully so. If looking at the seating chart you thought yes I can get GA and potentially pick my spot on the floor and those who chose to buy RZ tickets did so seeing where they were positioned on the seating chart and now it's apparently not that at all how can you sit there and not see why people would be upset about it? All you're doing right now is being a righteous asshole. Seriously.

Seriously who looks at a seating chart if your buying GA?

My feelings!

Enjoy your shows. I will enjoy waiting for setlist updates and YouTube videos.

How about the argument I made that if that is the most of your worries, your life is pretty wonderful? As I said earlier, I'd give anything to get to a show on this tour, but I can't afford it. Be grateful that you can, be grateful that you will be one person deep, if you choose the centre, or on the rail of the main stage. Because seriously, if you are that concerned, you WILL be on the rail of the main stage.

The fact you can't attend a show is none of my concern nor should it impact how I view this situation. You're being a self righteous ass right now. Because you can't go to a show and because I view this situation differently ai'm not grateful. Shut hell the up. Just be grateful? I am grateful to be seeing U2 but you don't get to dictate to me or others how we should view this situation.

I've been there too. Having an amazing time at the LAST seat available. Hell, 2 weeks ago I was in the last seat watching KISS with my friends and having the time of a lifetime, while everyone were watching us like we were crazy.
And I've seen the GA going crazy and the front VIP GA doing nothing. And me all the way up the stands, wanting to go there. (That also happened at Kiss)

Everyone can have the experience they create for themselves. That's obvious.
But the VIP GA is something that I've hated for years, even for shows a few blocks away from my house.
At the end of the day I'll be happy, I'm going to 5 shows.
I'm flying from Chile to Canada and USA. I CAN buy Red Zones. But I chose not to because GA is the place to be, and according to all maps, it was.

I'll have a great time, but right now I'm pissed, because I just hate the concept. I don't think it's fair.

The fact you can't attend a show is none of my concern nor should it impact how I view this situation. You're being a self righteous ass right now. Because you can't go to a show and because I view this situation differently ai'm not grateful. Shut hell the up. Just be grateful? I am grateful to be seeing U2 but you don't get to dictate to me or others how we should view this situation.

Where did all this aggression come from? Righteous ass? Asshole? Shut the hell up? STFU? Why can't you say the word 'fuck'?

I get you're upset, but f you can't view a situation with some perspective, then do something about it. Report them to fair trading. If that sounds ridiculous to you, that's probably because it is. And therein lies your answer.

Well this lit a fire under Interference didn't it.

You're exaggerating the time needed to line up to justify your position. I've never lined up for more than 10-12 hours and have always managed a rail spot. One time I only lined up for 8 hours.

"Only". I can't be bothered to line up for even an hour before doors these days, no matter how much I like a band. I've long since learnt it's unnecessary, unless your life depends on being directly in front of Bono - but just a couple of metres away there will be somebody who spent 12 hours less than you queuing.

In stadiums you can show up around 5-6pm and still get amazing spots, second or third row (or even "undesirable" bits of the rail). In arenas, well, looking at these photos, there isn't a bad spot in the first place.

Seriously who looks at a seating chart if your buying GA?

Well I sure as hell do and I saw where The RZ was on the seating chart. If the seating chart reflected this I'd have bought lower bowl tickets instead. Clearly the GA set up that was on the seating chart is not reflected in those pictures.

There's numerous quotes with Bono saying that some of their cheapest are those closest to the stage. The band have potentially changed course on this issue after tickets have been sold.

That has nothing to do with what I asked, though.

But to your point here, we don't know where the RZ ends, or if it's only on one side, and/or if it extends to the main stage, which it doesn't appear to. So... Bono's quote can still be true.

I still don't know why RedZone fans suck.

I chose GA for a reason and I chose it based on the information we had. The information we had did NOT show the possibility of the RZ taking up the entire front rail. If this ends up being the case those who I bought zgA have been totally deceived. If I saw this set up at the time of purchasing my tickets I'd have bought the much more expensive lower bowl tickets in the centre of the arena. For me it's about honesty. The people who bought GA tickets were not sold what we're seeing now. You cannot deny that. You have no argument that makes it so those who are upset by this are being unreasonable. People have every right to be upset about it.

Agreed. :up: This has nothing to do with money vs. time, it's about disclosure of where the Red Zones/GAs would be located. Accurate information should have been announced before tickets went onsale. (Same goes for the seats!)

People may have made different decisions about whether to buy GA (vs. seats or RZ) if it was shown that RZ ran the entire length of the catwalk. And now because of the credit card policy, there isn't even an option to transfer/sell GAs that were purchased according to a (potentially) erroneous seating chart.

To me, it kind of feels like a "bait and switch". And that feels very unlike U2.

Where did all this aggression come from? Righteous ass? Asshole? Shut the hell up? STFU? Why can't you say the word 'fuck'?

I get you're upset, but f you can't view a situation with some perspective, then do something about it. Report them to fair trading. If that sounds ridiculous to you, that's probably because it is. And therein lies your answer.

See I simply gave reasons why those who are upset by this have every right to be and you are the one telling others they are bitching and should just be happy and grateful and playing the poor pitiful you role because you can't go. Perspective is seeing what this seems to be. That being GA people were sold something that isn't reflected in those pictures. Clearly I said we'll have to wait and but no you're pissed you can't go so instead of understanding why others may be upset about this you preach to them how they should feel about it.

11182161_793382110775684_4667998530088372990_n.jpg

Notice the scoreboard(says "giants" on the side) was completely removed and tucked in the side Zamboni tunnel.

Coliseum has a lower ceiling that modern arenas and I highly doubt some venue would let u2 touch their $5-10mil scoreboards.

the majority of arena scoreboards are removable

GA is such a luck of the draw anyway. During the '09 leg of 360 I stood in identical spots in the inner circle near the rail (3 people back?) and I arrived at 5pm, 5am, and 10am in Phoenix, Vegas and LA.

Anaheim night 1 I lined up at 6am and the other "Adam" line was let in first and all the spots were taken when our "edge" line was finally let in. I ended up close to the rail anyway.

Anaheim night 2 I showed up at noon and again, had the same spot as the previous night, which was a great spot!

For Santiago and Buenos Aires 1 in 2006 I spent the night before outside the stadium.
For Buenos Aires 2 I arrived like at 11 am and was at an even better spot than the previous concerts.

Point being I'm agreeing with those that are saying it's not the worst thing in the world IF this redzone line is accurate.

Of course this isn't my primary concern in life, we're not morons. But we are selfish sometimes. All of us. And I know I'm being selfish, but with a reason.

In the GA ticket it doesn't say that you HAVE the rail spot... but you can.
I can claim "false advertising" on this (maybe?)

"There's no guarantee you would've grabbed that spot anyway."

Of course not. But now I'm positive about that. That's what pisses me off

There are other things that can contribute to a "shitty" GA spot.

Sure. I might get sick and get there later in the day, I might get lost going to the arena. But that's life and that can happen to you anywhere.

That's not the same as somebody saying "yeah, you can't be here, you didn't paid enough". Specially when it's THE SAME PLACE, just 1 meter in front. (I don't get your weird feet/inches system)

Like Cori keeps saying, it could all be wrong and people got rage-y for nothing.

I hope so. I really hope so. :sad:

That's BS. Who out there doesn't have time to lineup the day of the show when they've had over 5 months notice? The vast majority who don't take the time to line up early simply choose not to. Your example of someone needing to perform heart surgery is a joke because that would encompass like 0.01% of fans attended. The overwhelming majority of people could book the day off if they chose to. They simply don't.

people with jobs?

for fucks sake not everyone can take the day off for a concert

Agreed. :up: This has nothing to do with money vs. time, it's about disclosure of where the Red Zones/GAs would be located. Accurate information should have been announced before tickets went onsale. (Same goes for the seats!)

People may have made different decisions about whether to buy GA (vs. seats or RZ) if it was shown that RZ ran the entire length of the catwalk. And now because of the credit card policy, there isn't even an option to transfer/sell GAs that were purchased according to a (potentially) erroneous seating chart.

To me, it kind of feels like a "bait and switch". And that feels very unlike U2.
Exactly. But no there are people here who think those who aren't happy with this should just be grateful, stop bitching, be reasonable, and just be happy the money goes to charity. The reality is it's completely unreasonable to not see why people wouldn't be happy with this. Then to peach to. Them they should just be grateful........ Gimme a break.

The band have always been adamant that the closest seats to the stage don't go to the richest people. Why are holding a contrary view to the band?

Because I totally misunderstood what you were saying. :tongue:

So RZ appears to be along the catwalk. Is it also right up close to the A stage and B stage? Because if not, then you DO have the chance to be right up against the stage.

So this is getting ridiculous for probably no good reason. Line up, looks like you can be right up against the main stage.

The band won't be there the whole time, but that's no different from the last handful of tours.

I'm sorry some people are pissed off (which I guess right now is just pepo, because I like pepo. I'm sorry pepo is pissed off!), and I understand some of the reasons why. But let's not get carried away here.

In stadiums you can show up around 5-6pm and still get amazing spots, second or third row (or even "undesirable" bits of the rail). In arenas, well, looking at these photos, there isn't a bad spot in the first place.

Good point and I agree. It's going to be fine.

I'm sorry some people are pissed off (which I guess right now is just pepo, because I like pepo. I'm sorry pepo is pissed off!), and I understand some of the reasons why. But let's not get carried away here.

I like you too :hug:
I need a hug right now, for real :(

Back
Top Bottom