What is Larry saying during Streets @ the Rose Bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always thought he was talking to Adam, something like move over there? No idea

I see hip lip-syncing to the lyrics of Streets, but I could be totally wrong.

Well, the next shot of Adam is him smiling obliviously, so I don't think it was to Adam.

I think he said to his drum tech, Sam "Hey you! Get this fuckin' tambourine outta here!" (jokin'! Quoting a really funny youtube comment from performance of Glastonbury in Turin)

Not sure about at the Rose Bowl, but there's this hilarious video on YouTube of Larry just RAGING at security over a fan doing something on the inner circle, Edge's side.

he starts pointing with his drum sticks and he looks like a velociraptor ready to strike.

Not sure about at the Rose Bowl, but there's this hilarious video on YouTube of Larry just RAGING at security over a fan doing something on the inner circle, Edge's side.

he starts pointing with his drum sticks and he looks like a velociraptor ready to strike.

Wow, sounds wayyy intense! Can you find the yt vid? :D

Gee, what could the fan possibly be doing? Maybe about to light up some fireworks?:lol:

I'm surprised Larry had to get someone's attention - usually if someone gets onstage, they get immediately tackled by, like, eight people.

At least that's what happened to that one gal who tried to bum-rush Bono at whatever 360 show that was.

I'm surprised Larry had to get someone's attention - usually if someone gets onstage, they get immediately tackled by, like, eight people.

At least that's what happened to that one gal who tried to bum-rush Bono at whatever 360 show that was.

Yup, she got caught both from front by Brian as by Darren from behind the stage.

I really don't get why people rush the stage. Why ruin your show while you know you're not gonna succeed anyway?

I guess if you're a complete idiot, it seems like a good idea at the time.

Or maybe our own diamond set a precedent because he was one of the few exceptions where it actually worked out well for them. :wink:

I can't make out the first sentence, but the 2nd seems to be something like "why don't you go tell him" and Larry nods over in Edge's direction or someone on Edge's side.

Thanks for the vid, theedge25! Detaaaaaaails please, if anyone was there? Was the fan a young female? She didn't even come close to the band! (seeing that she didn't get close to Edge, and he's closest to the camera)

Edge is really living up to his rep as a zen dude. And Adam was just oblivious. Bono was totally out of the shot :lol:. Sam was kinda hot, being all concerned!

explains why the darn stage was so high (Someone said 8 feet high?) I believe the Vertigo stage was lower!

Thanks for the vid, theedge25! Detaaaaaaails please, if anyone was there? Was the fan a young female? She didn't even come close to the band! (seeing that she didn't get close to Edge, and he's closest to the camera)

Edge is really living up to his rep as a zen dude. And Adam was just oblivious. Bono was totally out of the shot :lol:. Sam was kinda hot, being all concerned!

explains why the darn stage was so high (Someone said 8 feet high?) I believe the Vertigo stage was lower!

The fan was a guy. I was there but honestly I wasn't even paying attention to that because it was at the same moment that Bono was standing right above and behind Larry looking like he was about to keel over from the heat, and that's all I noticed! But I did see Larry and Sam freaking out, it's just I was watching Bono more. You can see in this video how Bono was barely getting through this part of the song.

Check out 4:19 on. He stops singing mid-sentence and doubles over. :ohmy:

U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name live Meadowlands New Jersey 07/20/11 MULTI-CAM - YouTube

Thanks for the new perspective BC! Wow, so much intensity in those couple of minutes! What a tight band! Bono can't sing for that bit, so Edge goes extra loud on the harmony.

and Adam continues fronting the show by rocking in a hot manner (somewhat obliviously:lol:) and Larry was warding the fan away from them! Weak Bono didn't need to deal with some crazy fan tackling him, especially then.

I hope Brian and Co. didn't get too severe a beating after the show?

You're welcome :) You can see the whole Larry and techs freaking out thing more here as well from the front angle.

Bono was really struggling through this one. I don't care what anyone says, the man gives it his all every show, no matter what.

Wow I really felt it for them in that 4:19 onward clip. What the heck was going on there...Larry looked like he couldn't decide what to be more concerned about ie whatever was going down on the side there or Bono's struggling. Crazy.

I don't know why the wardrobe choices. This was even after he changed twice I think because he was so soaking wet sweaty. Earlier was when he told Edge to finish his speech and left the stage because he was so hot. There was another time I remember one of his assistants in a huddle with him with water for a while, they seemed to be checking on his condition, he was doubling over again. Crazy hot show. But Bono was still amazing all the way through. :up:

My guess is that it's something to the effect of: "Someone's climbing onto the stage! Why the fuck are you still over here?"

Wasn't that the whole thing? that a fan had gotten onstage? Or at least was trying to?

I remember people talking about it at the time, and there was only video from far away, or that shot of Larry, so I don't know the details.

Wasn't that the whole thing? that a fan had gotten onstage? Or at least was trying to?

I remember people talking about it at the time, and there was only video from far away, or that shot of Larry, so I don't know the details.

Ok I meant the Rose Bowl show, that the OP was asking about. This Jersey show was brought up by someone later, sorry if that was confusing!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom