Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a cold this weekend, so I stayed in and gamed all Saturday. Played through about 70% of Ryse on X1. That game is pretty awesome. I didn't know what to expect after reviews, but all of the online response from gamers has been incredibly positive. Glad I went ahead and got it, as it's a lot of fun. Amazing graphics and an interesting story too. Lots of cool atmosphere in the level design. Hopefully the coop is fun too.

JT, have you done the campaign on BF4 at all? If so, any problems with it not saving your progress?

When are we all going to play something together? What do we all have, Killzone?

Gotcha. Killzone or Battlefield 4 would work, I believe NSW, JT, and I have both.

JT, have you done the campaign on BF4 at all? If so, any problems with it not saving your progress?

I had played through a few levels, then did an update and it got deleted. I haven't bothered to start again. Kind of annoying

When are we all going to play something together? What do we all have, Killzone?

I'm down whenever. Killzone and B4 so far

I have Killzone and now that I'm back in LA, I'm ready for some gaming with you cats.

:up:

Gotcha. Killzone or Battlefield 4 would work, I believe NSW, JT, and I have both.

Yep

The survivor 2299 website was a hoax folks...looks like a reddit group did it.

Damn. It was too good to be true.

In other news, I've been playing Fifa 14 recently and the gameplay is so much better than its predecessors (the latest one I had played was Fifa 12). Very happy with it so far.

http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

Kotaku: "Fallout 4 is Real, Set in Boston" (Leaked casting details, some info)

Still upset about that massive Fallout 4 hoax? Here's some good news for you: The next entry in Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG series is real, it's in development right now, and, as rumored, it appears to be set in Boston, according to casting documents obtained by Kotaku.

Don't know if anyone is interested in old turn based RPGs, but the Good Old Games website is giving away the first two Fallouts for free.

I'm a huge fan of turn-based RPGs. In the struggle to decide what my favorite game of all time is, I usually end up favoring Final Fantasy Tactics.

Final Fantasy Tactics was pretty cool. If you have a 3DS I highly recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening. Excellent game.

OK, cool, I'll have to check that out. I almost said I don't have a 3DS, which just goes to show how often I play the one I do actually own.

As Super Smash Bros. aficionado, I've always wanted to see what Roy and Marth were like in their original games. I've wanted that Fire Emblem game for a long time, but prices of 3DS games don't drop off much.

Roy and Marth aren't in it (well you can get them as downloadable units, but they don't take part in the story)

Though it's the only one I have ever played my understanding of the Fire Emblem games are that they are each based on a different war over the course of whatever planet it is history. Different cast for the most part each time.

Great game though, real time sink and lots of customisation.

I've only had the 3DS since October, enjoying it quite a bit, plus it's been useful catching up on all the DS games i've missed.

Kinda, though from what i've read they are a bit more connected, like some of the games are set centuries after previous ones and your descendants of the previous heroes etc.

Roy and Marth aren't in it (well you can get them as downloadable units, but they don't take part in the story)

Though it's the only one I have ever played my understanding of the Fire Emblem games are that they are each based on a different war over the course of whatever planet it is history. Different cast for the most part each time.

Great game though, real time sink and lots of customisation.

I've only had the 3DS since October, enjoying it quite a bit, plus it's been useful catching up on all the DS games i've missed.

That's cool, the description alone is enough to draw me in. I love RPGs and there aren't enough great ones around these days, so I'll take them where I can get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom