Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may get Titanfall for 360 or just rent it for now. It looks like great fun, but 5 game modes and no single player doesn't seem like a reason to invest in the XBone yet, much like the single player-only Second Son isn't much of a reason to buy a PS4. Looks like the library will be growing somewhat in the next few months at least.

Last edited:
Titanfall and Infamous are arguably the best games on either system though, so it's a pretty fun time for owners of either platform.

Hopefully the other PS4 owners have all downloaded and played the updated PS4 version of Dead Nation that's the "free" PS Plus game this month. I loved that game on PS3, and it's considerably better on PS4. Fun stuff.

Improved resolution, textures, effects, animations, a handful of new features I haven't tried, and we got the DLC included with the original game for free. Apparently they updated it on PS3 at some point so it had regular checkpoints as well, because it was much less frustrating to play through this time.

I should have gone to sleep 2 hrs ago, but I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole where I found this.

http://youtu.be/Z7f0PB7JFlg

:heart:

The zombie boar from RFK named Wanderlei is the funniest thing ever. And do you realize now that I'm forever going to wonder whether the person running around with the toon named Cro Cop in Star Wars the Old Republic that I saw on fleet was being played by some fat slob in their mother's basement or Jens Pulver.

But the guy with the camera is describing the assault rifle mechanic in secret world, not pistols. Pistols are more supportive, cleanses and stuff. :nerd:

do you realize now that I'm forever going to wonder whether the person running around with the toon named Cro Cop in Star Wars the Old Republic that I saw on fleet was being played by Jens Pulver.

:

I don't want to sound as ridiculous as cobbler when the intern that tweets big boi's tweets for him replied to our Australian friend, but I have it on that sort of authority* that there's a good chance that's exactly whose character I was hopping around and typing /headkick at that one time. :lol:

*minus the dig about the intern, I suppose

That is crazy.

I watched some of that Jens Pulver video, but had no idea what they were talking about. Friggin' World of Warcraft.

I haven't had much of a chance to put much of any time into Infamous, but it's freaking beautiful. Far and away the best looking open world game evar.

Alright. Need some advice.

I have two options that I found on craigslist for like new condition xbox ones.

1. Xbox One Titanfall edition. Comes with 2 controllers, Titanfall, a Battlefield 4, and NBA2K. - $500

2. Xbox One:

*Xbox One Console with Xbox One Kinect
*Xbox One Standard Headset from Launch
*All Necessary Cables
*2 Controllers with charge pack and Charge and Play cord
*4 Games- Battlefield 4, Ryse Son of Rome, Fife 14, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
*1 yr warranty through Microsoft good through November
*2 yr warranty through Game Stop

-$550

It looks like option 2 is the better deal but I would probably prefer Titanfall and nba2k.

For such a new system, the warranties are nice. But if you feel confident that it'll hold up for a year or two, buy #1 and Black Flag and you have most of the good games that the system has to offer. Rent Ryse.

For such a new system, the warranties are nice. But if you feel confident that it'll hold up for a year or two, buy #1 and Black Flag and you have most of the good games that the system has to offer. Rent Ryse.

Thanks! I forgot to mention that the person for #1 is giving me the origonal receipt as well so I'm guessing that means that I'd have the Microsoft warranty too.

One more question. The seller for #1 just told me that the games that come with were downloaded under his gamertag but that he would just give me the info for his gamertag and then I can make it my own (change the password and stuff). I don't have much experience with editing gamertags and understanding the security behind the scenes with them. Would this worry you at all? Should I stop being such a cheapskate and just go to Best Buy and buy the Titanfall bundle?

PS. Watched that Titanfall review that u2popmofo posted and holy crap! I have to have it now. :drool:

As a reminder, Titanfall is only multiplayer. Not sure if you're into that or not. If you are, it's a must.

I highly recommend Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza. 3 of my favorite games on either next gen system, and they're all X1 exclusives.

I bought Dead Rising 3 at launch, played it for a number of hours that night, but am just now getting back into this game. Having a TON of fun with it. Even if you've never played a Dead Rising game, or didn't like past Dead Rising games, get this one. It's ridiculously fun and you don't need to have any prior story knowledge. The amount of zombies and violence that can happen on the screen at once in that game is still super impressive even 6 months after launch. Super fun game.

I loved every second of Ryse, think it's definitely worth owning. There are moments in that game that are still far more impressive graphically than anything else that's come out since on either Xbox One or PS4. It was far and away my favorite launch title on either system. Definitely the best game to show off the new graphics of the system.

Peggle 2 is a ton of fun too, if you're into those kinds of games.

As a reminder, Titanfall is only multiplayer. Not sure if you're into that or not. If you are, it's a must.

I highly recommend Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza. 3 of my favorite games on either next gen system, and they're all X1 exclusives.

I bought Dead Rising 3 at launch, played it for a number of hours that night, but am just now getting back into this game. Having a TON of fun with it. Even if you've never played a Dead Rising game, or didn't like past Dead Rising games, get this one. It's ridiculously fun and you don't need to have any prior story knowledge. The amount of zombies and violence that can happen on the screen at once in that game is still super impressive even 6 months after launch. Super fun game.

I loved every second of Ryse, think it's definitely worth owning. There are moments in that game that are still far more impressive graphically than anything else that's come out since on either Xbox One or PS4. It was far and away my favorite launch title on either system. Definitely the best game to show off the new graphics of the system.

Peggle 2 is a ton of fun too, if you're into those kinds of games.

My jaw is still dropped from the NFL app.

Can't wait to try Titanfall. It's currently downloading right now. I also got Battlefield 4 and my sports games.

mofo, would you prefer Dead Rising 3, Forza or Ryse? I was thinking I'm going to have to buy Just Dance for my wife, so my budget after everything else I just bought yesterday is for one of those games you mentioned.

Yes, get your Titanfall on with T-Bag and I. It's a good bit of fun.

Yes, get your Titanfall on with T-Bag and I. It's a good bit of fun.

I'm chomping at the bit to play this one tonight. I got the Titanfall Bundle so I let the game download overnight so I can play this evening. :up:

All 3 are great, so it depends on your preference. FYI though, Ryse and Dead Rising are both super violent, so you might not want to play with your kids watching.

Ryse is awesome, but relatively short. Crazily nice graphics though, good for showing the system off. Really cool setting and a cool campaign. Multiplayer is fun too.

Dead Rising is crazily fun and addicting, but probably has the least impressive visuals of the 3. That said, it's a big game with a ton to do, and the amount of zombies on screen at once is absolutely insane. Never gets old causing a massive amount of mayhem.

Forza is a really fun racing game with really impressive visuals. You can play it in front of your kids without any worries. Really big game with a ton to do and a ton of options you can adjust to your liking. One cool thing about it is that the game monitors the way you play, and creates an AI version of you and your friends that frequently appears in your races. That means if we added each other, you could constantly go out of your way to try to wreck my car. ;)

All three are really safe bets, everyone seems to really love all three online (myself included), I've pretty much never seen anyone say they regret any of them. Check some YouTube vids or reviews out and go with which ever sounds more to your liking.

Like I said, rent Ryse. I live in a XBox One household right now and unless you intend to sell it back at a major hit, it's too short for full price. You'll get through it in a few days. The reviews are terrible, but it does have a cult following (besides Scumbo). If you fall in love with the multiplayer, maybe buy it.

I've heard good things about Forza and Dead Rising 3 is very fun. Those are definitely worth checking out.

Make sure you get Titanfall...just don't expect the greatest game in history or anything revolutionary. Pick it up for an hour or two every couple of days and you won't notice how little content there is. It's fun as fuck, but there aren't enough maps or titans, though DLC will help with that. I think Titanfall 2 could be a classic, but it feels like this one is more of a taste of things to come.

The One has a better batch of games right now than the PS4, but of the exclusives, I'll probably only buy Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 when I get my own One around Christmas. Just not a lot to my taste yet.

Last edited:
All 3 are great, so it depends on your preference. FYI though, Ryse and Dead Rising are both super violent, so you might not want to play with your kids watching.

Ryse is awesome, but relatively short. Crazily nice graphics though, good for showing the system off. Really cool setting and a cool campaign. Multiplayer is fun too.

Dead Rising is crazily fun and addicting, but probably has the least impressive visuals of the 3. That said, it's a big game with a ton to do, and the amount of zombies on screen at once is absolutely insane. Never gets old causing a massive amount of mayhem.

Forza is a really fun racing game with really impressive visuals. You can play it in front of your kids without any worries. Really big game with a ton to do and a ton of options you can adjust to your liking. One cool thing about it is that the game monitors the way you play, and creates an AI version of you and your friends that frequently appears in your races. That means if we added each other, you could constantly go out of your way to try to wreck my car. ;)

All three are really safe bets, everyone seems to really love all three online (myself included), I've pretty much never seen anyone say they regret any of them. Check some YouTube vids or reviews out and go with which ever sounds more to your liking.

Nice! Thanks for taking the time to write that up.

I'm going to go with Dead Rising for now just because I enjoy Zombies. ;)

Like I said, rent Ryse. I live in a XBox One household right now and unless you intend to sell it back at a major hit, it's too short for full price. You'll get through it in a few days. The reviews are terrible, but it does have a cult following (besides Scumbo). If you fall in love with the multiplayer, maybe buy it.

I've heard good things about Forza and Dead Rising 3 is very fun. Those are definitely worth checking out.

Make sure you get Titanfall...just don't expect the greatest game in history or anything revolutionary. Pick it up for an hour or two every couple of days and you won't notice how little content there is. It's fun as fuck, but there aren't enough maps or titans, though DLC will help with that. I think Titanfall 2 could be a classic, but it feels like this one is more of a taste of things to come.

The One has a better batch of games right now than the PS4, but of the exclusives, I'll probably only buy Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 when I get my own One around Christmas. Just not a lot to my taste yet.

Thanks! Gonna rock sone Titanfall tonight for sure!

Nice! Thanks for taking the time to write that up.

I'm going to go with Dead Rising for now just because I enjoy Zombies. ;)

Prepare for your jaw to drop when you first step outside after the tutorial is over.

Titanfall is so great. What I like about it is even though I was level 1 and the least experienced player I was still able to have fun. I'm normally not great at FPS and tend to give up but I think this game will be different.

What's everyone's preferred game mode? I've only played attrition so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom