Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
after 2 days of madness, i just rememered that "Vertigo" is on the new album. lol. i really enjoyed listening to it. it's kind of funny how the greatness of "Vertigo" makes the other 10 songs so much better.

anyone else have that feeling?

I think Vertigo pretty much sets up the album perfectly. It's not so much the music as it's dizzying after-effect. It's sort of a concept intro. After you're disoriented, they hit you with 10 completely different-sounding songs that revolve around themes of faith and doubt (introduced in the lyric of "Vertigo") and come to resolution in "Yahweh." I don't think any other song could have led the album off as well. Effing great song.

I like Vertigo, I think after 6 weeks of listening it and still enjoying it I realize its one of their strongest songs

yeah! I still like Vertigo, is a growner.... first time I listened to it was ok, but now I love it, is pure rock...

About vertigo vs. the rest of the album, I think all of the songs are equally as strong, but Vertigo/COBL/ABOY are immediate for U2 fans, and SYCMIOYO is also immediate for more casual rock fans, U2 fans might be a little cautious with the lead up to the hook or the hook itself.. but the rest of the album is definately a bunch of growers in terms of the lyrics... guitars are more immediate though and just knock the socks off of anything else!

Last edited:
I still love Vertigo. I don't skip it, ever. I listen to the album straight through or on shuffle (except for those occassions when I have a paticular song I'm really itching to hear). My two friends in chemistry and I sing it everyday...and we also sing Elevation. Multiple times. At least, the "chorus." it's quite funny, because people kinda look at us like :eyebrow: cuz y'know, it's two guys and a girl singing very loud, high-pitched "WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!'s" and well...it's fun :D so is "hola!" and "donde esta!?"

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Vertigo is ignored right now because everything else is so new. It's still one of the strongest songs on the album.

I totally agree with you. On one thread, ppl were rating the HTDAAB songs and Vertigo was getting very low marks.

Vertigo is still, one of the best, if not the best song on the album. Let's not forget it!

Back
Top Bottom