'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 should just post the fucking thing on the website! There has been 160 pages and THOUSANDS of replies to this cause! We need a runners up prize! A 30 sec clip maybe?!

beli said:
I must say Im enjoying listening to new music and reading who the band is at the same time. Its like music for the deaf :up:

more like music 'for' the deaf... except for the wonka wonka wonka song... that one was great.

david said:
Someone needs to just contact U2's people. No longer waste any effort on Rollins or the radio station.

U2's people will be none too impressed. But how, praytell, do we contact them?

Bonochick said:
Hi, Mulva! I mean, cujo...

Helllllllllllloooooo,

there's a lot of angry people. Let's say we slip them some tryptophan and play with their toys.

Hooha.

:sexywink:

Ya know, everybody, we'll all hear "Vertigo" eventually. Let's just think of this as a bonding experience and accept that we got punk'd. :lol:

Well it was definitely a bonding experience, but nonetheless...WAAY fucked up. I can't believe a station would actually do that.

Contact Principle Management somehow I guess.

Maybe we could type up a letter and one of the Dublin Interlanders could take it over?

starsgoblue said:

You guys!!! This ISN"T Rollins doing!!!! It's the station you guys, come on now. You can yell at him for saying shit but he didn't orchestrate a whole day of this.

im also sending this to the station i know this isnt necessarily rollins doing, but the station clearly lied to people listening worldwide

I want to be like U2, overweight, soft and wine addicted. Awesome!
Actually, I listened to their last record twice and it sounded like men
trying and failing. It was the sound of comfortable men who are tired
of
it and are just showing up. So uninspired. Perfect for the masses who
have
little taste. My carreer? I have one? If it's over, then how come I'm
doing so many shows all over the world and kicing ass? How is it that I
started doing music after U2 and have done more shows? Bobo is so
tired,
it's so over with. You don't like me and my opinion? It means nothing
to
me. I am unstoppable and this is America, you get to say what you want.
Wheeeeeee!!!!!

---from Rollins

That was just bad radio that could not be saved by U2's music alone. They put zero effort into it. They just put the same 25-27 songs on repeate along with the same commercials and same promo promising what they would not deliver and let it play all day long. Then to top it off they had Henry Rollins come in during his schedule time and play music, which would have been fine, but he went off on U2 and put them down. That was uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom