Vertigo 2006 encore...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dusty Bottoms said:

They could play Grace 22 times in a row and people would still get their money's worth as it would blow away any other show out there.

I came to this board because I thought I'd find other U2 "fans," but I guess I came to the wrong place.

A U2 fan has to think whatever U2 do is absolutely perfect?

Axver said:

A U2 fan has to think whatever U2 do is absolutely perfect?

A true U2 fan enjoys whatever the band decides to present us with. We are lucky they are even on tour, I don't know why people have to pick apart everything.

Dusty Bottoms said:

A true U2 fan enjoys whatever the band decides to present us with. We are lucky they are even on tour, I don't know why people have to pick apart everything.

I abhor this concept of "true" versus "false" fans.

I do think U2 fans are intelligent enough to not blindly accept whatever the band gives them, though. I'll make my own mind up about whether or not something's good - just because it's U2 doesn't mean it's inherently good.

Axver said:

I abhor this concept of "true" versus "false" fans.

I do think U2 fans are intelligent enough to not blindly accept whatever the band gives them, though. I'll make my own mind up about whether or not something's good - just because it's U2 doesn't mean it's inherently good.

So fans that enjoy everything U2 does aren't intelligent? Hey, another insult, thanks again, junior.

Dusty Bottoms said:

So fans that enjoy everything U2 does aren't intelligent? Hey, another insult, thanks again, junior.

No, I never said that. I said U2 fans are intelligent enough not to blindly accept something just because it comes from U2. If they enjoy everything U2 does, then good on them, but I'd expect their approval is based upon merits rather than the mere fact it was done by U2.

Also, I've already asked you to stop the ageism. Cut it out, thanks.

Axver said:

No, I never said that. I said U2 fans are intelligent enough not to blindly accept something just because it comes from U2. If they enjoy everything U2 does, then good on them, but I'd expect their approval is based upon merits rather than the mere fact it was done by U2.

Also, I've already asked you to stop the ageism. Cut it out, thanks.

You'd think U2 fans would be intelligent enough to respect other people's opinions on setlist transitions, but that doesn't seem to be the case, does it junior?

Dusty Bottoms said:

You'd think U2 fans would be intelligent enough to respect other people's opinions on setlist transitions, but that doesn't seem to be the case, does it junior?

Now you're just deliberately trying to get a rise out of me. I'm not going to dignify you with any more replies. Stop acting like a three year old.

Axver said:

Now you're just deliberately trying to get a rise out of me. I'm not going to dignify you with any more replies. Stop acting like a three year old.

Well I've got one question before you leave, junior. Why do you think you're smarter than U2 when it comes to setlist decisions? Call me crazy, but I'd trust a decision from the members of the band before some kid in Australia.

Dusty Bottoms said:

Well I've got one question before you leave, junior. Why do you think you're smarter than U2 when it comes to setlist decisions? Call me crazy, but I'd trust a decision from the members of the band before some kid in Australia.

Alright, I'll bite.

Setlisting is all about kicking around possibilities - some work, some don't, and some are better than others. Everyone's fallible, including the members of U2. I have a passion for setlists and I like to kick around ideas and analyse what U2 do - and look at what other possibilities are there. Whatever's wrong with that?

(By the way, 'kid' and 'adult' are mutually exclusive, and as I'm an adult, your comment about me being a 'kid' is redundant.)

Originally posted by Lila64 over on a General Tour Discussion thread
who the hell is DustyBottoms? And what does he have against me? :madwife:

Originally posted by Axver in response to Lila64
I bet it's Chizip. :tsk:

Axver wins! :happy:

I hope you're enjoying the trophy in your display cabinet beside the English comprehension one. :happy:

Chizip said:

Indeed, thanks junior.

emot-iceburn.gif

I´m with you Axver :yes:

a question for U Chizip... are you from United States, aren´t you?...

In the States you are so used to see 20000 times U2 live, anytime you want, right?. How many of you have you seen U2 live more than once in any Tour?... that´s because you have the possibility to catch them live 3 or 4 times in the same city...

Here in Chile we had only one chance to see them Live in 1998 (of course I was there :drool: ) and now we´ll have another ONE chance to see them live again :sad:

so, why I´m writing all these things?...

Chizip, try to see our way. In many places U2 don´t stay for more than a couple of days and perform one gig, so it´s absolutely annoying when they perform a crappy bland setlist as what they are playing nowadays.
Axver is totally right in his points, must we accept EVERY U2 half worked setlist just because it´s the setlist they spit us?

I´m not afraid at all to say that U2 haven´t been intelligent at all, when it´s clear that many fans here as well in another forums hate the setlist, and are begging for changes and other songs. Some ones ask Mofo, others ask Running To Stand Still, others ask even more unusual songs like Dirty Day or Acrobat, etc. The point is that the fans have the right to express their feelings !!.

We aren´t lambs, we´re people with our own minds and points of view. We buy U2 items, we attend to their concerts, we support the band... so why do we can´t ask for something better?

Peace :wave:

Okay, it's nice to dream...

but because they're playing Chile (once for now?) wouldn't it be great if they submitted a list of songs that the Chilean fans could vote on and therefore they could please (Please:drool: ) the majority of Chilean fans?

With the option of the band choosing which songs are included on the list then they won't be 'forced' to play songs that they are unhappy with performing.

ARE YOU LISTENING BONO???
ARE YOU LISTENING U2???
MAKE HISTORY!!!

Oh, well! We can but dream...

U2mixer said:
Okay, it's nice to dream...

but because they're playing Chile (once for now?) wouldn't it be great if they submitted a list of songs that the Chilean fans could vote on and therefore they could please (Please:drool: ) the majority of Chilean fans?

With the option of the band choosing which songs are included on the list then they won't be 'forced' to play songs that they are unhappy with performing.

ARE YOU LISTENING BONO???
ARE YOU LISTENING U2???
MAKE HISTORY!!!

Oh, well! We can but dream...

and that's how we'll end up with Pride, One, and Streets... :ohmy: :|

I don't care, as long as they play ELECTRIC CO, MIRACLE DRUG and THE FLY I'll be a happy man (maybe Zoo Station)

I know it'll be nice to hear Mofo or that sweet new Discotheque :drool:, but they already played those here... and Zoo Station and The Fly not. I rather hear those... but that doesn't mean I won't be jumping if they play Disco or MOFO

that, and maybe if they let me play drums for Fast Cars :drool:, it will be perfect...

and no, we don't need VERTIGO 2, as much fun as that is, because at 9 pr 10, when the concert starts, it'll already be dark... so they better start with COBL and the confetti
crazywife.gif

chances of them starting with COBL are very high. I don't care what they play so long as they don't do a song twice....be happy for whatever you get! Hold up signs, if you can talk to the band if you are lucky enough to meet them then ask for requests....one never knows if they will change the set lists or not!

Axver said:

I'd kindly request that you stop being so ageist.

EDIT: OH, and by the way:

"They've been creating their own setlists before you were even born, junior. I think I'll trust the professionals."

"Yay for ageism!"

More like Yay for experience!

Last edited:
Axver said:

It's as bad a pairing as SBS followed by Stuck on Elevation

Sunday Bloody Sunday - Wake Up Dead Man - Stuck In A Moment was one of the best parts of the Elevation setlist.

What didn't you like about it, Ax?

ponkine said:
I´m with you Axver :yes:

a question for U Chizip... are you from United States, aren´t you?...

In the States you are so used to see 20000 times U2 live, anytime you want, right?. How many of you have you seen U2 live more than once in any Tour?... that´s because you have the possibility to catch them live 3 or 4 times in the same city...

Here in Chile we had only one chance to see them Live in 1998 (of course I was there :drool: ) and now we´ll have another ONE chance to see them live again :sad:

so, why I´m writing all these things?...

Chizip, try to see our way. In many places U2 don´t stay for more than a couple of days and perform one gig, so it´s absolutely annoying when they perform a crappy bland setlist as what they are playing nowadays.
Axver is totally right in his points, must we accept EVERY U2 half worked setlist just because it´s the setlist they spit us?

I´m not afraid at all to say that U2 haven´t been intelligent at all, when it´s clear that many fans here as well in another forums hate the setlist, and are begging for changes and other songs. Some ones ask Mofo, others ask Running To Stand Still, others ask even more unusual songs like Dirty Day or Acrobat, etc. The point is that the fans have the right to express their feelings !!.

We aren´t lambs, we´re people with our own minds and points of view. We buy U2 items, we attend to their concerts, we support the band... so why do we can´t ask for something better?

Peace :wave:

oh i know, i was just playing a little joke on Axver ;)

i totally agree that theyve made some poor setlist decisions.

it seems like the always take out their best songs to create variation, and it makes me scratch my head.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom