Vancouver 2010 - Oh Yeah! - ATTENTION:SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
\
I teach skating, and sometimes his pink corsets and feathers make me nervous that closed-minded parents will watch him and decide that their sons will never take up figure skating. We need more boys.

in your opinion, do you think he is judged more harshly than the other skaters (by the judges themselves)? to the naked, uneducated eye, his performances seemed to be not as rewarded as they should be, and it seemed like the NBC commentators agreed. and i can understand how, in the need to not seem frightening to boys, they want to make figure skating less ... flaming than Johnny. there's a whole complex thing going on that i could discuss but it's too much for here. but curious as to what you think.

also, hail Queen Yu-Na. time for her to start counting the gajillions she's going to make.

so happy for Joannie.

and Mirai is absolutely adorable. the future.

Alexei Grishin you are a LEGEND. Delivering Belarus its first ever gold at the winter games.

:bow:

Congrats to the US for kicking ass at Nordic Combined this year, that came out of nowhere. Good luck to Ohno and the short-track relay team tomorrow!!!

Kim Yu-Na is a straight up legit baller. She was wonderful last night, and I will say that her short program skating to the James Bond theme, when she was doing her final spins to the crescendo of the music and then came out of it doing the gun hand motion, was probably the coolest figure skating performance I've ever seen.

And Mirai killed it! She'll be taking home a medal in 2014, fo sho.

If you don't like figure skating, I'll fight you. With brass knuckles and an icicle.

americanflag01.jpg

olympic semifinal hockey this afternoon

usa vs finland

live on NBC in ALL time zones

3p - eastern
12p - pacific

U-S-A!...U-S-A!...U-S-A!

GAF - :p

cobl - sunday at 1215p local time & pacific time, 315p eastern time.
not sure what that would be in your part of the world

ok..

using an online converter i went with 12:15pm Canada/Pacific (would that be right?)

and it gave me 7:15am monday morning... so either we aren't getting the game live, or i've messed that up.

Alexei Grishin you are a LEGEND. Delivering Belarus its first ever gold at the winter games.

:bow:

Congrats to the US for kicking ass at Nordic Combined this year, that came out of nowhere. Good luck to Ohno and the short-track relay team tomorrow!!!

That was great to see Belarus win.

And the U.S. Nordic Combined Team? F-ing Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom