SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark (u2.com email)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gah! I JUST, as in 3 hours ago, renewed my membership, and unfortunaley, even though I was still a member, didn't recieve this email! AND I'm an American Express member! They hate me!!! :)

SO excited about BC 402! I agreed that it was the best out of them all. Glad to see that something good came out of those sessions.

so good to get some official confirmation that 402 is in the spider-man musical. i love U2 and i love Spidey so hopefully this will be awesome

Uhh...guys? Is anyone else getting Trojan alerts from their anti-virus software when trying to access that video page? I keep it updated everyday so I suspect this might be rather serious.
:uhoh:

If someone could somehow rip the new instrumental audio from the website (Using Audacity or whatever) and send it to me that would be great, cause I'm afraid to click that link now.

theeedge1989<at>hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

I haven't had any trouble with the site but I'll send it to you. It's only a small snippet (no vocals)

so what do you all think the chances are that we'll get a soundtrack to this with Bono and The Edge actually performing?

Grrr...I have an AMEX card and u2.com membership (and am local!) and no email... Off to drop an e-mail to u2.com...

so what do you all think the chances are that we'll get a soundtrack to this with Bono and The Edge actually performing?

They don't seem very good do they? :( Aren't most shows just cast recordings if they do get released? I don't know, maybe since this is something a bit different with Bono and Edge being major recording artists themselves, we could see something unusual, but they probably are just happy to be credited as the songwriters. However it also seems that at least this one song has already been properly recorded by them, and possibly we could see them include one or more songs in their lists like they did with Batman, but then again that was U2, where this is Bono and Edge only. Of course they could always bring Larry and Adam in if they really wanted to and still make a U2 recording. :hmm: I just think 402 is so wonderfully "U2" it would be a shame to never hear it that way. And from the description that reviewer gave of all the songs a few months ago, it sounds like there are more really great songs where this one came from. Another thing is that if they were to release the songs as U2 or Bono and Edge and get played on the radio it would be a way to promote the Broadway show as well. :hmm: Again doesn't seem very likely, but also again this is a new and different situation and if anyone is going to try it, I could see it being them. I don't know, I could be wrong. Are there any other similar situations like this one where the writers/artists released their own versions? Anyway, I hope my doubts are wrong, and we get the record!

They don't seem very good do they? :( Aren't most shows just cast recordings if they do get released? I don't know, maybe since this is something a bit different with Bono and Edge being major recording artists themselves, we could see something unusual, but they probably are just happy to be credited as the songwriters. However it also seems that at least this one song has already been properly recorded by them, and possibly we could see them include one or more songs in their lists like they did with Batman, but then again that was U2, where this is Bono and Edge only. Of course they could always bring Larry and Adam in if they really wanted to and still make a U2 recording. :hmm: I just think 402 is so wonderfully "U2" it would be a shame to never hear it that way. And from the description that reviewer gave of all the songs a few months ago, it sounds like there are more really great songs where this one came from. Another thing is that if they were to release the songs as U2 or Bono and Edge and get played on the radio it would be a way to promote the Broadway show as well. :hmm: Again doesn't seem very likely, but also again this is a new and different situation and if anyone is going to try it, I could see it being them. I don't know, I could be wrong. Are there any other similar situations like this one where the writers/artists released their own versions? Anyway, I hope my doubts are wrong, and we get the record!

my thoughts as well. i'd even take a 4 song EP of the best songs from the show.

Which beach clip is the one with "All my life I've been waiting for...this moment I'm in..." or whatever? Is that the same one? I hope that shit shows up in this thing.

And am I the only one who thinks that this stuff they've worked up for Spiderman has a good chance of being better than NLOTH?

Which beach clip is the one with "All my life I've been waiting for...this moment I'm in..." or whatever? Is that the same one? I hope that shit shows up in this thing.

And am I the only one who thinks that this stuff they've worked up for Spiderman has a good chance of being better than NLOTH?

that was Beach Clip 404. and no, definitely won't be better than NLOTH. "All My Life" sounds good at first, but to me, it's a throwaway Bon Jovi sounding hit.

No, the" All My Life" clip is #404. Boy Falls From the Sky was fanlabeled "I Believe". I know a lot of people really liked all those songs and were disappointed when they were shelved.

Edit: oops mikal beat me to it... I'm a slowpoke typer :( lol

Well, if the band releases a Spiderman album and Songs of Ascent I think that would probably be good enough to end on. In other words, that's about all I expect out of them at this point in their career.

Latest
U2’s Bono and the Edge Talk “Spider-Man” Musical
6/10/09, 9:24 am EST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHHmcq0s4zs

U2’s Bono and the Edge are opening up about their upcoming Broadway show Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark, which transports the legendary Marvel superhero from the pages of comics to the stage. With seven months before the curtain rises on preview performances, the singer and guitarist, who wrote the music and lyrics for the musical, discussed why they got involved with the project and the parallels between rock stars and comic book heroes in a new video interview.

“We were open to the idea of musical theater, but Spider-Man, that’s a different thing again, because that’s comic books, and there’s a whole series of relations between punk rock and rock bands and comic books, that goes back years,” Bono says, adding the pair were eager “to mess with all these aspects of pop culture, put them in a blender and see what comes out on the other end.” The Edge also found the story of Peter Parker resonated with the rock-star experience. “Every rock & roll star probably started out as the geek who got bullied on in school, and eventually their form of revenge was to write songs or learn to play guitar.” Bono jokes, “I was more of a Green Goblin,” one of Spidey’s main villains who will likely be a part of the musical (Broadway vet Alan Cumming is rumored to be playing the role).

The video appears on the official Website for the Spider-Man musical, which indicates tickets for the show go on sale exactly two weeks from today, June 24th, if you have an American Express card. The public onsale doesn’t begin until September 12th. As Rock Daily previously reported, previews begin on January 16th, 2010 and the musical officially opens February 18th. “Spider-Man’s battles will hurtle the audience through an origin story both recognizable and unexpected — yielding new characters as well as familiar faces until a final surprising confrontation casts a startling new light on this hero’s journey,” reads the show’s synopsis.

While the Website doesn’t confirm casting news or a list of featured characters in the production, there are photos of Bono, the Edge and director Julie Taymor in the studio.

I agree, the beach clips even in poor quality are more exciting than Horizon. Be great if the soundtrack was the next release rather than No Line part-2

Back
Top Bottom