unkown caller gone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was at the final performance of UC (9/24, NJ) and I can tell you there was possibly a profound effect on the band when a quarter of the place went to the bathrooms.

Yes, but this is what 360 is all about! It is not the problem of UC, but of most of the show – it is not rocking, folks, not inspiring enough. U2 do not connect anymore with the masses as fine as years ago ...

Crap. Stop going around telling the same thing over and over again as if it was the ultimate truth, just because YOU don't like the show.

I never experienced anything like this at the shows I went to. The audience loved Unknown Caller. They were very much into the set and show. Yes, it must be frustrating for the band to see so many people leave, but it's the audience's fault, not U2's. It's their loss, they are missing out on some great songs. All the people I talked to who are casual fans loved the show and were impressed.

I never experienced anything like this at the shows I went to.

Then I would recommend you medical advise in form of sharp glasses. On all of the 360 shows, I have seen, the new songs did not work the way, they should:

- "Breathe": The excitement is enormous, when the band enters the stage, yes. But one minute in the song, and all arms are down in the stadium – apart from the pit maybe, where the more ghardcore people may still celebrate. It simply is no air puncher, face it.

- "GOYB" is NOT another "Vertigo", but something that improved during the tour – no lead single, no catchy chorus, no classic rocker. Forgotten also after another minute in, and then a lot of people do different things (chat, phone, etc.)

- "Magnificent" had the most commercial potential on the album, but it failed as a single and it does fail as a live tune, too. There are no snippets, no forms of improvisation, no chorus for the masses also. So what?

- NLOTH is performing wise much better, Bono plays the second guitar and rocks the tune like in the better old days. A nice one, but it is not a mass singalong, too. So people do not care ...

- UC tries to find another way of connecting: Make it officially a karaoke concert in letting everybody read the lyrics on the screen! Obvious idea, but as obvou is, that U2 are as bored of the tune than myself ...

- MOS was the big momentum on the album, but it is not a closer. As said before: If you have not seen the people streaming for the exits even during WOWY before, I can not help.

You will not get my point, because you do not want to, but: Take the crowd reaction for BD, WTSHNN, ISHFWILF or "One", "Elevation" and "Vertigo" – and you might see/hear the difference. These tunes wirked back then from the very beginning when played for the first time and still do now. And: It is another wrong vision of you, that I do not like the show. I do like moments of it, songs, they do perform. But in general it simply is the weakest tour, U2 have played so far. As simple and true as that. :doh:

But in general it simply is the weakest tour, U2 have played so far. As simple and true as that. :doh:

I sooooooo disagree!
I've seen ZOOTV, POPmart, Elevation (Weakest!), Vertigo and the show in Foxboro was easily the best performance I've ever seen them give. None of the others were even close!

I'll complain about details here and there; setlist etc, but the performance was the best I've ever been present for!:applaud:

I sooooooo disagree!
I've seen ZOOTV, POPmart, Elevation (Weakest!), Vertigo and the show in Foxboro was easily the best performance I've ever seen them give. None of the others were even close!
I'll complain about details here and there; setlist etc, but the performance was the best I've ever been present for!:applaud:

As said before: All a matter of taste and preferences. I'd judge the auto-pilote, perfunctory and often even sloppy performences of 360 way below anything I've heard from the band since '92. Especially the energetic and very intimate Elevation, which I do rank among the best tours I've seen from them ...

As said before: All a matter of taste and preferences. I'd judge the auto-pilote, perfunctory and often even sloppy performences of 360 way below anything I've heard from the band since '92. Especially the energetic and very intimate Elevation, which I do rank among the best tours I've seen from them ...

I agree wholely! Just a matter of taste, we can't talk each other out of our of opinions!
My take on Elevation was that it was a band who didn't even like their new album (5 tracks a night) going out and giving the worst performances of their career and frankly, breaking my heart by turning into another aging best-of band. The Vertigo tour was a big relief to me, a comeback to see the band having energy and heart again -instead of just talking about heart and soul. NLOTH is the next step up. I can't imagine the band who recorded ATYCLB and toured Elevation having written songs with as much feeling or sophistication as MOS, UC, or COL.... but you and I come from different places and experience all of this differently! We don't have to agree! At least we all love U2! :heart:

Yes, but this is what 360 is all about! It is not the problem of UC, but of most of the show – it is not rocking, folks, not inspiring enough. U2 do not connect anymore with the masses as fine as years ago ...
Can

Then I would recommend you medical advise in form of sharp glasses.
we say

But in general it simply is the weakest tour, U2 have played so far. As simple and true as that. :doh:

troll.jpg

Then I would recommend you medical advise in form of sharp glasses. On all of the 360 shows, I have seen, the new songs did not work the way, they should:

- "Breathe": The excitement is enormous, when the band enters the stage, yes. But one minute in the song, and all arms are down in the stadium – apart from the pit maybe, where the more ghardcore people may still celebrate. It simply is no air puncher, face it.

- "GOYB" is NOT another "Vertigo", but something that improved during the tour – no lead single, no catchy chorus, no classic rocker. Forgotten also after another minute in, and then a lot of people do different things (chat, phone, etc.)

- "Magnificent" had the most commercial potential on the album, but it failed as a single and it does fail as a live tune, too. There are no snippets, no forms of improvisation, no chorus for the masses also. So what?

- NLOTH is performing wise much better, Bono plays the second guitar and rocks the tune like in the better old days. A nice one, but it is not a mass singalong, too. So people do not care ...

- UC tries to find another way of connecting: Make it officially a karaoke concert in letting everybody read the lyrics on the screen! Obvious idea, but as obvou is, that U2 are as bored of the tune than myself ...

- MOS was the big momentum on the album, but it is not a closer. As said before: If you have not seen the people streaming for the exits even during WOWY before, I can not help.

You will not get my point, because you do not want to, but: Take the crowd reaction for BD, WTSHNN, ISHFWILF or "One", "Elevation" and "Vertigo" – and you might see/hear the difference. These tunes wirked back then from the very beginning when played for the first time and still do now. And: It is another wrong vision of you, that I do not like the show. I do like moments of it, songs, they do perform. But in general it simply is the weakest tour, U2 have played so far. As simple and true as that. :doh:
You officially have no idea what you're talking about.

Its all subjective like you say. I have seen the JT tour, Zoo TV, Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo and 360 so around 40 U2 concerts total. I loved all of them for different reasons. But the weakest I have seen was Elevation. It wasn't a bad tour, but it lacked something when compared to even Vertigo. To me it felt like Vertigo took the Elevation concept and just improved it and improved the setlist.

360 isn't their greatest tour, but I think it is a good one. The band's performance is on, I know a lot of casual fans that have seen it including my wife and they all loved it. :shrug: My criticisms of it are minor. Mainly Breathe opening and MOS closing. Otherwise I think, for the most part, the setlist pacing is pretty good on this tour. The concept is take the Vertigo indoor experience and try to make a stadium feel similiar with the stage design. Something that is noble but nearly impossible to do. I actually think they have come close if not succeeded with the concept and thats no small feat.

I never experienced anything like this at the shows I went to. The audience loved Unknown Caller. They were very much into the set and show.

same thing in chicago. you just need to listen to the bootleg to tell, if you weren't there.

it's nice to see they're doing something that suggests it'll be back, it's just a bugger they dropped it while they do it. oh well, i've seen them play it. it's not going to upset me now.

You know, one thing about UC live is that it bothers me that Bono does the Bah, Bah, Bahbahbah...over the organ part.

Bring it back, but Bono should shut up for that part before the guitar solo.

Mark

You officially have no idea what you're talking about.

Well, might you have more to say than just this not very convincing answer? I've given a detailed reasoning and this one sentence is all you have in you. Hm, not very talkative ....

...calm down, calm down. Everything is fine, we are all fine, okay? In the ed we are all fans, aren't we?:hmm:

Not if you're going to continue to troll around and tell people they're blind or stupid because they have a different opinion than you.

Your opinion is not fact, do not sell it as one...

Not if you're going to continue to troll around and tell people they're blind or stupid because they have a different opinion than you. Your opinion is not fact, do not sell it as one...

1. I do not "troll", but I do state my opinion as an opinion here, as everybody else. Opinions are not facts. But opinions is by the way,what is the sense of a forum is all about.

2. If it is another opinion than the poster, I quote, I do want to read an reaction, want to understand, why people prefer x to Y. You call that an exchange of opinion, maybe even a dicussion about an opinion with argumentation. This is the sense of a forum, too.

3. If you feel "stupid" or "blind" by my postings this is mainly your problem, because I've never called you so and will never do. I resect any serious opinion here. So please don't say otherwise and behave with a bit more respect, because otherwise I really do feel offended.

4. If you do not feel prepared, wiling or able to answer my posts – simply do not do it. But when you post in a fan forum like this, you have to accept, that there are people, who might not agree with you and discuss – but please on a level, you really can call discussion.

Thanx for reading and peace ...

1. I do not "troll", but I do state my opinion as an opinion here, as everybody else. Opinions are not facts. But opinions is by the way,what is the sense of a forum is all about.

2. If it is another opinion than the poster, I quote, I do want to read an reaction, want to understand, why people prefer x to Y. You call that an exchange of opinion, maybe even a dicussion about an opinion with argumentation. This is the sense of a forum, too.

3. If you feel "stupid" or "blind" by my postings this is mainly your problem, because I've never called you so and will never do. I resect any serious opinion here. So please don't say otherwise and behave with a bit more respect, because otherwise I really do feel offended.

4. If you do not feel prepared, wiling or able to answer my posts – simply do not do it. But when you post in a fan forum like this, you have to accept, that there are people, who might not agree with you and discuss – but please on a level, you really can call discussion.

Thanx for reading and peace ...

Everything you state here is very nice, but negated by what you told Last Unicorn:

Then I would recommend you medical advise in form of sharp glasses.

This along with so many other responses... There's a reason you've been called out by more than a few posters.

.There's a reason you've been called out by more than a few posters.
To recommend sharp glasses, when you do not see hundreds of people leaving the stadium exits during WOWY is no offense, just an advice.
So, please accept, what I've written above and, again & for the last time, stop bickering me, please. I like to discuss with you, share opinions, if you want, but in an argumentation.

Sad to see this song dropped. I really enjoyed hearing it at the European shows, esp the ending with Bono repeating "Password... you... enter here!" :D

Felt like it was a sure staple of the tour. Hopefully it'll be back given the U2.com article.

You know, one thing about UC live is that it bothers me that Bono does the Bah, Bah, Bahbahbah...over the organ part.

Bring it back, but Bono should shut up for that part before the guitar solo.

Mark

Couldn't agree more. That french Horn part was epic!

I'm okay with Bono singing the horn bits. I don't know that the phrase "French Horn Solo" just screams to be played in a stadium setting.

Too bad something off NLOTH is missing (currently, I hope). That said...it was the weakest new song live.

To recommend sharp glasses, when you do not see hundreds of people leaving the stadium exits during WOWY is no offense, just an advice.
So you were at the exact shows she was at? Or are you just calling her a liar?

So, please accept, what I've written above and, again & for the last time, stop bickering me, please. I like to discuss with you, share opinions, if you want, but in an argumentation.

When you want to discuss, I'm there, just quit pulling this shit above... You stop doing that and we're good.

Back
Top Bottom