U22 ♫ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People have probably already said this, but the only reason the fans got to pick the songs is because U2.com didn't want to be to blame for setlist selection after last years fail of a gift.

Nothing here in BC Canada. I ordered back on November 28th, I should be up on the list right? (I have all the download access) Are there people who ordered this in December and Janurary already with copies?

At least I'm not the only Canadian without their copy. (I'm in Edmonton) my order was end of November as well.
I moved a couple months ago so I'm worried it went to old address (I did acct address change April 12) I e-mailed U2.com asking what address it was sent to and shockingly got a reply the same day - their reply had nothing to do with the question (of course) just that orders first placed, first shipped.

witsa said:
At least I'm not the only Canadian without their copy. (I'm in Edmonton) my order was end of November as well.
I moved a couple months ago so I'm worried it went to old address (I did acct address change April 12) I e-mailed U2.com asking what address it was sent to and shockingly got a reply the same day - their reply had nothing to do with the question (of course) just that orders first placed, first shipped.

I moved the year Medium Rare was released, and even though I updated my shipping address in advance, it went to the old address. Since it was shipped bulk rate, the post office didn't forward it, so it probably got tossed. After numerous email exchanges and phone calls, I never ultimateley received one.

Sorry.

They are just sending automated generic emails, and aren't answering anyone's questions. Call and talk to a real person, and hopefully they can give you a non-generic answer. And I would call Live Nation, not U2.com. That's how I finally got them to take care of my account.

Danny Boy said:
I moved the year Medium Rare was released, and even though I updated my shipping address in advance, it went to the old address. Since it was shipped bulk rate, the post office didn't forward it, so it probably got tossed. After numerous email exchanges and phone calls, I never ultimateley received one.

Sorry.

I moved the year Artificial Horizon came out, and it did go to the wrong address, but I contacted them and miraculously I did end up getting it. So there is hope.

I got my copy today here in the UK- no problem with the packaging and there 2 are cd's in it. I didn't expect it to be this size though!

very impressed

can we have U22 part 2 next year??

djparky said:
I got my copy today here in the UK- no problem with the packaging and there 2 are cd's in it. I didn't expect it to be this size though!

very impressed

can we have U22 part 2 next year??

Yeah i should be recieving mine soon then,

i take it this thing is too big for the letterbox? So ill probaly have to pick it up from the post office?

People have probably already said this, but the only reason the fans got to pick the songs is because U2.com didn't want to be to blame for setlist selection after last years fail of a gift.

And it was an absolutely brilliant move on their part.

As you can see, fans can't even agree - some argue for the oldies, some want songs that were never released in live format previously.

Ultimately, we got a nice set of both. It's wonderful to hear some oldies in the 360 format as well as the new songs.

My only wish now is for U2.com to release the other songs. :applaud: But perhaps they'll do that over time.

IMO, this was the best release Propaganda/U2.com have provided. They really took time to do this properly. The only other time I was this surprised was with "Melon" - the first CD issued by U2's fan club.

^ "Hasta La Vista Baby" was also a nice release. Granted, the full concert would have been cooler, but still -- a nice gift back in 00.

Yeah i should be recieving mine soon then,

i take it this thing is too big for the letterbox? So ill probaly have to pick it up from the post office?

yeah way too big for the letter box- it's about the size of 12"/album record sleeve and came in a very solid packaging

I'm really happy with this set overall (Zooropa in particular is fantastic), and this may have been covered already, but what the HELL is Bono saying in Ultraviolet? "Your love is like a...podcast?"

I have a question, I'm a little out of the loop because of work and travel:

Besides Unknown Caller, has U2 released any more of the "Outtakes" from U22? I thought I read somewhere that u2.com was going to provide more of these tracks that didn't make it onto the album for download but I haven't been able to find any more.

Unknown Caller is the only one for now. Still hope we'll get more though!

(For a little while one of the mods at U2.com had posted that there would be more songs, but it turned out to be in error.)

I am surprised at how much I like this take on Streets. Skips the build up and goes straight to the intensity. This is a nice change. Plus, the slightly off timing on the extra vocals is something I find to be a treat. Sort of solidifies the whole unique live experience. And this extremely rare choice of a snippet sounds rather fitting with it. So, I did a little checking and, yes, "the whole of the moon" was out that night. What a beautiful sight all of this must of been. :heart:

For a song that I never voted for (there are so many official live versions), this truly is a special version. Some effort went into picking this one.:up:

Am I the only one who REALLY dislikes the changed lyrics to Out Of Control? It's just Elevation-era soul-spirit-big ideas propaganda repeated over and over... Kinda ruins the performance for me.

I am in awe of the first few tracks of disc two though!

I still haven't had the chance to listen all the way straight through, but I just caught Until the End of the World in my car tonight and totally love it. :love: Bono channels Macphisto for a moment there!

Got mine this morning,great product. The booklet is great,took it into work to show people,and as usual the resident oasis and stone roses fan says its a rip off charging fans to join the fan club. I said what about this gift,he says its worth a fiver!:doh:

Back
Top Bottom