U2 will have the last laugh...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mike hewson said:

No but if youve seen them that many times I dont believe you don't like the last 2 albums. You're just saying that cause you want to make people here angry. :madspit:

Sure, believe what you will. It's not true, but if it makes you happy ...

(In fact, just search the archives. I loved HTDAAB when it came out but it quickly lost its charm. I was once Interference's biggest COBL fan. I was never that big on ATYCLB though.)

notiti said:

Nope. Although I have pleanty of friends who are U2 fans with kids who agree with me whole-heartedly on this one. Yes, I know what he is talking about but it's a throw in line that doesn't make sense in context or rhyme and it comes across as a blatant ploy to tug the heart-strings of parents.

Anyway, I'm done.

Its a perfect line! :scream:

AtomicBono said:

read my post plzkthx

I strongly disagree with said post, but hey, if the song means something for you, good. I'm glad it hasn't wasted a few minutes of every listener's life.

obviously the lyric

means something to bono

since it is in 'levitate' too

which was pre all that you cant leave behind

so that lyric has been around for 4-5 years

before atomic bomb.

so.

AtomicBono said:

I'd like to meet your fridge then. Didn't realize it changed the entire scope of rock music.

If you want to talk about changing the entire scope of rock music, let's talk about Hank Marvin and The Shadows, who really deserve much of the praise directed towards the Beatles.

Hell, even George Harrison was inspired by Hank Marvin.

Mountain Dew Ma said:
obviously the lyric

means something to bono

before atomic bomb.

so.

Bono likes to sniffs babies' heads :|

Axver said:

I strongly disagree with said post, but hey, if the song means something for you, good. I'm glad it hasn't wasted a few minutes of every listener's life.

so you don't even like the acoustic version?

well. you also think you're better than the beatles, so uh...

Mountain Dew Ma said:
obviously the lyric

means something to bono

before atomic bomb.

so.

You'd think that during that time, he would have found a more eloquent way to phrase what he was trying to convey.

Perhaps he spent too much time with Dubya and got stupid-ified, though.

Axver said:

If you want to talk about changing the entire scope of rock music, let's talk about Hank Marvin and The Shadows, who really deserve much of the praise directed towards the Beatles.

Hell, even George Harrison was inspired by Hank Marvin.

yeah? did hank marvin and the shadows record rubber soul, revolver, sgt. peppers, magical mystery tour, the white album, abbey road, and let it be?

Axver said:

You'd think that during that time, he would have found a more eloquent way to phrase what he was trying to convey.

Perhaps he spent too much time with Dubya and got stupid-ified, though.

there is no reason

to drag politics into this thread

:)

AtomicBono said:

so you don't even like the acoustic version?

The acoustic version is meh. I wouldn't go out of my way to hear it, or even think of playing it at all, but I probably wouldn't switch to something else if it came on.

The lyrics bug me the most, though, and the acoustic version inherently still has that problem. The only part of the lyrics I like is Edge's verse at the end.

AtomicBono said:

yeah? did hank marvin and the shadows record rubber soul, revolver, sgt. peppers, magical mystery tour, the white album, abbey road, and let it be?

He recorded Apache.

Pretty fucking influential track that changed the way a lot of people thought about guitar back when it was released in 1960.

But I'm sure you haven't heard of it. Shame about that.

Originally posted by Somebody's Alter

there is no reason

to drag politics into this thread

:)

I'm just taking the piss out of this thread. Like I'm sure you are, O Alter.

Axver said:

He recorded Apache.

Pretty fucking influential track that changed the way a lot of people thought about guitar back when it was released in 1960.

But I'm sure you haven't heard of it. Shame about that.

You musn't become frustrated with these mundane lumpens, for they know not what they do. Clearly you are of a higher taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom