U2 to record their new album at Black Rock Studios in Santorini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SlimArt

Babyface
According to this article, U2 will probably record their new album in Santorini Island located in Greece!
Black Rock Studios Residential Recordings is one of the top recording studios in the world
and won the "Best New Studio" category at the Audio Pro International Industry Excellence awards.

I dunno, I think these plans will fall apart thusly:

:bono: The new album will be black atmospheric doom metal from Greece, promise.

:larry: Fuck yeah, bitches!!111

Jabba%2Bthe%2BHutt.jpg
Is there a market for this?

:bono: Markets have food, Paul. We can take you to one. Join us.

Jabba%2Bthe%2BHutt.jpg
That shall do, I suppose.

:adam: Where's Edge?

:bono: He's at home creating a black atmospheric doom metal pedal, with volcanic ash functionality.

Jabba%2Bthe%2BHutt.jpg
This sounds like a tour liability to me.

:bono: Fuck it. I have Shiny Happy Africans in my back pocket; it'll outsell Cyclopseus Part IV: Native Badass anyway.

I dunno, I think these plans will fall apart thusly:

:bono: The new album will be black atmospheric doom metal from Greece, promise.

:larry: Fuck yeah, bitches!!111

Jabba%2Bthe%2BHutt.jpg
Is there a market for this?

:bono: Markets have food, Paul. We can take you to one. Join us.

Jabba%2Bthe%2BHutt.jpg
That shall do, I suppose.

:adam: Where's Edge?

:bono: He's at home creating a black atmospheric doom metal pedal, with volcanic ash functionality.

Jabba%2Bthe%2BHutt.jpg
This sounds like a tour liability to me.

:bono: Fuck it. I have Shiny Happy Africans in my back pocket; it'll outsell Cyclopseus Part IV: Native Badass anyway.

:lmao:!!! Especially :lmao: @ Paul's little "smiley"! :lol:

Not a good idea to record in Greece, especially during the summer.

Being that Edge is constantly on fire and all that.

Why should they go and record in Greece when they have their own studio in the South Of France where they can work under similar circumstances?

I don't believe that article one bit. Santorini is beautiful, though.

Why should they go and record in Greece when they have their own studio in the South Of France where they can work under similar circumstances?

I absolutely could be wrong, but I always thought the studio in France is a pre recording studio and when they r ready to actually record an album, they go to a more traditional studio. But then what do I know...except i want them to record!!!!!!

Will they actually get any work done, recording in a beautiful place like this? :wink:

"Let's work on this chorus... ah no let's hit the beach instead!"

Absoluetly, freezing cold Berlin didn't do them any harm did it?

A siberian boot camp next I think! :wink:

Yes, why should they ever leave the same ole same ole. I definitely want them to keep doing the same things they always do. Tread over the same ground again and again ad again. Thank God they never did anything experimental like record in an old castle or jet off to Germany. Really would've been a waste of time.

Yes, why should they ever leave the same ole same ole. I definitely want them to keep doing the same things they always do. Tread over the same ground again and again ad again. Thank God they never did anything experimental like record in an old castle or jet off to Germany. Really would've been a waste of time.

The location has hardly anything to do with being innovative or doing new things. It has to come from the inside. Otherwise the most amazing studio and most beautiful landscapes don't help at all.

Well, the Euro tour ends in Italy/Rome so they could fly off down to Santorini...

The location has hardly anything to do with being innovative or doing new things. It has to come from the inside. Otherwise the most amazing studio and most beautiful landscapes don't help at all.

you're kidding right?

inspiration is inspiration... new places, new sights, new sounds, new air to breathe... all that can spark inspiration!

for instance, whenever i travel, go to a new place, get away from the usual humdrum, it takes me out of my comfort zone and it makes me write and write and write and write (lots of crap sure, but it still inspires me to write anyway lol)

Achtung Baby wouldn't have been Achtung Baby without Berlin! now that is certain!

:up:

lol!

you're kidding right?

inspiration is inspiration... new places, new sights, new sounds, new air to breathe... all that can spark inspiration!

for instance, whenever i travel, go to a new place, get away from the usual humdrum, it takes me out of my comfort zone and it makes me write and write and write and write (lots of crap sure, but it still inspires me to write anyway lol)

Achtung Baby wouldn't have been Achtung Baby without Berlin! now that is certain!

No, it's a total coincidence that two of U2's most innovative and frankly best and most inspired albums were recorded(at least partially) in Berlin and an old castle :wink:

Or Edge's divorce.

of course!

but, in a different location, you might not have had directly inspired titles such as "Zoo Station" for instance

and, as an album name, "Watch Out, Baby!" just wouldn't have had the same ring to it... ;)

just stating the obvious really...

you're kidding right?

I'm a writer. I can tell you that the most beautiful cities and landscapes don't help if the inspiration doesn't come out of yourself. Imagination is the key, and you don't necessarily have to go anywhere, you can travel with your mind.

Travelling is still important and a great thing to do. It can support the artistic process, but I don't believe it's a necessity. Sometimes it does bring out stuff that's inside of you, simply because you get a new perspective if you travel to another place.

Or Edge's divorce.

Exactly. With this background, the album could have been recorded anywhere. It would have been a different album, for sure, and Zoo Station would have been a different song about a different place, but I totally believe they could have done a great album in another place as well, because the time was right and the feelings and themes were there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom