U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i/e was the first arena tour since my wife and I had been together. The only other tour, when we were dating, was 360 and stadiums.

When I told her I really like to go to a lot of arena shows she said "oh sure of course I get it."

The day of the 4th MSG show (with an epic Cutting Room UF + half of U2 show mixed in) she hit me with the "that's enough."

If I had hit that Cutting Room show I think I’d still be sleeping on the couch.

At least he’s interested in this one and wants to see the show, and he’s also never been to Vegas. The only rule was that we are too old to stand so no GA. He’s seen 360 twice with me, Joshua Tree, and even Vertigo (we’d been dating a month and I was clear: something I do is go to U2 shows). He enjoys them enough, especially the production.

But I am seeing Bono this weekend, and that wasn’t a cheap ticket either, so …

At least he’s interested in this one and wants to see the show, and he’s also never been to Vegas. The only rule was that we are too old to stand so no GA. He’s seen 360 twice with me, Joshua Tree, and even Vertigo (we’d been dating a month and I was clear: something I do is go to U2 shows). He enjoys them enough, especially the production.

But I am seeing Bono this weekend, and that wasn’t a cheap ticket either, so …

My far better half has always been up to see them on all the tours, just not as many times in the same tour as me. Which I think we call, uhh, normal.

I really didn’t think through the fact that, should I be selected for my two dates they will sell me the most expensive ticket available. That I supposed I did select, but would really have rather ranked my pricing choices.

But you can only be selected for one of the dates, so money saved already.

i/e was the first arena tour since my wife and I had been together. The only other tour, when we were dating, was 360 and stadiums.

When I told her I really like to go to a lot of arena shows she said "oh sure of course I get it."

The day of the 4th MSG show (with an epic Cutting Room UF + half of U2 show mixed in) she hit me with the "that's enough."

Mine knows with U2 and PJ she just has to accept it. She likes U2, despises Pearl Jam. As such she's never taken advantage (unlike you) of being my plus one with my 10 Club seats.

Her first show with me was ZooTV outdoors in Foxboro when we were dating. (my lord I've been with her a long time).
She was with me for the 1 Popmart show.
She went to 3 of the 5 Elevation shows I hit in 2001.
The child arrived in 2004, so she only did 1 of the 6 Vertigo shows with me in 2005.
I did both 360 shows with friends, she stayed home with the young'un.
I&E again went to 3 shows with friends, no wife.
JT30 1 show wife and child attended.
E&1 did 1 show with friend and 2nd with wife & kid.

She is coming to Vegas with me should I score tix. (What's the damn hold up Ticketmaster?)

Last edited:
Has anyone had their credit card charged the $1 holding / test fee by Ticketmaster yet? Someone said they did and took it as a hopeful sign. Sadly, mine hasn’t been charged. Make of this what you will. ??

Has anyone had their credit card charged the $1 holding / test fee by Ticketmaster yet? Someone said they did and took it as a hopeful sign. Sadly, mine hasn’t been charged. Make of this what you will. ??

I haven’t either and it’s been a source of consternation all day. Did I put the right card # in? Did I put an a different email address? Am I just going insane over this?

Thankfully not yet in the boat of paying for concert tix for the kids.

Aside from the added cost, trying to get 3 good seats for shows adds an extra layer of difficulty vs getting a pair.
But he's going to be tucked away in his college dorm room in October when we are hopefully tucked away at the Sphere.

I haven’t either and it’s been a source of consternation all day. Did I put the right card # in? Did I put an a different email address? Am I just going insane over this?

From what I know with the PJ sales, not every CC company shows the $1 hold, so shouldn't be anything to be concerned over as long as you got your confirmation email from Tickets Today who are suddenly looking like Tickets Tomorrow.

I'm calling Ticketmaster's church

maxresdefault.jpg

Someone on a FB group claims they got a confirmation email so keep thy eyes peeled. Then again, could be BS…

I didn’t either, but I’ve also used that for recent other TM purchases so perhaps the system is smart enough to know it’s valid or I’m thinking there are certain cards that are debit cards for example with a visa logo so perhaps something like that would incur the $1 test charge, who knows, all that can do is prove it’s active and wouldn’t know your credit limit or current balance and imagine getting rejected bc you’re over your limit when they try and charge. :)

Someone on a FB group claims they got a confirmation email so keep thy eyes peeled. Then again, could be BS…

Just checked the Zootopia board (for first time in decades I think) and a couple people there in the last 5 minutes posted they got tix to 9/29 just now.
Looks like they may be rolling them out in order of show.

I’m not showing a $1 charge on my credit card either.

Just checked the Zootopia board (for first time in decades I think) and a couple people there in the last 5 minutes posted they got tix to 9/29 just now.

Looks like they may be rolling them out in order of show.

I trust that more than FB. Good luck everyone!

Thankfully not yet in the boat of paying for concert tix for the kids.
Heh.
Oh, I don't have any, but I was one once.

Before ATMs were widespread (late 60's, early 70's mid teens) my mom would save up money so we - my sis, I and between 2 - 4 others of our friends would be able to back then either get a money order often a Sunday when we did had a pharmacy that had them, and mail them off (like for The Who).
Other times grab the money and get on line (MSG overnight for The Concert for Bangladesh, Springsteen).

Good times, and anxiety provoking. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom